• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Hope the load times are better than the demo. Well more than just load times but when loading happens. It was a real ball buster when you have that cool part where your suit comes flying at you and then instead of transitioning to gameplay it just goes to a load screen.
I came to mention this. Great minds think alike.

The game seriously needs to go right into the mission without a loading screen if they want to nail the experience.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Is the demo region specific or no longer available?

Edit: Found it!

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Demo was amazing. Had a lot of fun.

Hope the full game is a blast, and hope it does well so Marvel continues to show interest in VR support.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Just got the platinum in The Last of Us 2. Now there's nothing stopping me from jumping into Iron Man in under 7 hours.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Long time I didn't buy a game physical. But it was 29 bucks in Fnac. Will get it today I hope or tomorrow. I loved the demo. I just find hard to play dotted with how flight works

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Looks amazing Lant you need to use those skills - or another OT creator here does - to make a review thread. I'm at work and don't have time to update an OP, but reviews are dropping now!

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man why is the Move Tracking so shitty. Would be immediately in, but after getting an Oculus Quest and playing even Half Life Alyx wirelessly I can't give a shit about the annoying move and the PS camera. Pls PSVR2 improve it a lot and I am immediately back.

Great reviews too! Everyone else enjoy :)

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I really liked the demo, but every time I got near the ground or one of the rock formations, I nearly fell over.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Sounds great, count me in! Gonna move out of the Finnish next week and won't bring my VR so time to take this Iron Man VR from start to finish this weekend.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The reviews seem to affirm my belief that this should have been held back until the PS5 and PSVR 2. The visuals are rough, joysticks and precise tracking would clearly enhance the experience and the SSD would cut down on the absurd load times. Shame that this doesn't seem to have turned out too hot but I still liked the demo in spite of itself. Hopefully the final game can still impress me when I dive in tonight.

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020

Marvel's Iron Man VR

In Marvel’s Iron Man VR the player, who plays as the genius inventor Tony Stark, confronts ghosts from his past—powerful forces who seek to ruin him and everything he stands for. By fully embracing the magic of PlayStation VR, players will come face-to-face with iconic allies and Super Villains...

VERY strong reception for a VR game. This is it. I'm getting a PSVR Iron Man bundle.

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
I am going to wait until PS5 for this one. Mainly due to the loading times, standing around in VR with nothing to do is the worst, especially just a screen and nothing to look at. So like 4 months left

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Sounds promising, but held back by the tech. Hopefully there's a PS5 and/or PSVR2 patch at some point.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018

Marvel's Iron Man VR

In Marvel’s Iron Man VR the player, who plays as the genius inventor Tony Stark, confronts ghosts from his past—powerful forces who seek to ruin him and everything he stands for. By fully embracing the magic of PlayStation VR, players will come face-to-face with iconic allies and Super Villains...

VERY strong reception for a VR game. This is it. I'm getting a PSVR Iron Man bundle.

There are a lot of must-haves at this point, you won't regret it :)

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: turns out the countdown counter is broken.
Is this correct?

t1593748800z1.png

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Did you get to a part with a free fall suit-up like in the demo, and if so, did it go into a loading screen right after it finishes?
The screen went black, I can't recall if there was a loading screen
Sorry, the PSN timer was broken. The countdown finished two hours early than it was suppose to, then it went into an endless loop of refreshing the countdown page.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Preload is available now. Will unlock at midnight in your region (or maybe 9pm if you're on the west coast of North America, idk unlock times for NA always confuse me as a non-American)

Thanks! I am preloading now. 4 hours left, so it unlocks at midnight eastern time, or 11 PM central, 9 PM pacific.

I am charging my PlayStation Move controllers for the first time in years. They acknowledge that they are charging via the USB port on the PS4, but not when I use a USB port on a power strip for some reason.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Loading times are breaking immersion and i just want to quit the game while its loading (sometimes even 2-3 times during a chapter). If you can hold on to ps5 version (but buy it now because this game deserves your money. Really one of the best vr experiences for playstation). Loading times should be a thing of the past on new console..

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Loading times are breaking immersion and i just want to quit the game while its loading (sometimes even 2-3 times during a chapter). If you can hold on to ps5 version (but buy it now because this game deserves your money. Really one of the best vr experiences for playstation). Loading times should be a thing of the past on new console..

Are you on base or pro?

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It's a shame they couldn't get faster loading times. That was very, very annoying in the demo and knowing that sometimes the game loads between cutscenes killed part of my interest. I hope Sony isn't stupid enough to let this game trapped in PSVR forever.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
The screen went black, I can't recall if there was a loading screen

Sorry, the PSN timer was broken. The countdown finished two hours early than it was suppose to, then it went into an endless loop of refreshing the countdown page.
I just remember in the demo you experience a cool suit-up sequence while in free fall, and then it went to a loading screen after the screen went black after getting the mask. It completely took the wind out of my sails. It needs to go right into the action or why even bother having it be interactive?

It sounds like that is just one of many misses with the game. Really disappointing to hear.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the demo and yeah, that 7-10 seconds of loading killed the immersion. (PS4 Pro w/SSD)

However, it fucking sold me on being Iron Man.

Buying it and supporting. I hope the PS5 version eliminates the load times.

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
Honestly it's gonna take a lot of convincing for me to set up my PSVR again, and judging from impressions I'm not sure this is gonna cut it.