• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sandcrawler

Oct 27, 2017
Iron Maiden for me and it isn't even that close. I like a lot of Metallica songs, but I regularly listen to Iron Maiden albums. Easily in my top 3 bands of all time.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Iron Maiden hands down.

not much a metal fan but I dig Maiden. Metallica is like "okay you made one good album back in 1985 so what"

Literally the exact opposite is true. Metallica had a string of smash hits from 83 to 96. Most music fans of that era couldn't name a maiden album with a gun to their heads.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Metallica, though I'd say my interest in them faltered after Garage Inc. I still enjoy their new stuff, but it doesn't grab me anymore. After my metalhead phase was over, I fell into prog rock, and haven't really enjoyed metal as much as I used to as a result. I'm very much a fan of bands like Yes, Focus, and King Crimson now, far more than I was a fan of Metallica, Anthrax, Judas Priest, or Iron Maiden.
I admit, I've got a humongous soft spot for Rust in Peace. But there's not really anything else by Megadeth that wowed me before or since.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Literally the exact opposite is true. Metallica had a string of smash hits from 83 to 96. Most music fans of that era couldn't name a maiden album with a gun to their heads.
also I doubt this, any wiener that could name a Metallica song could come up with Run to the Hills

my fuckin classic rock station will play Run to the Hills sandwiched between Steve Miller and .38 Special

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
also I doubt this, any wiener that could name a Metallica song could come up with Run to the Hills

my fuckin classic rock station will play Run to the Hills sandwiched between Steve Miller and .38 Special

Run to the Hills was 1982.

Its also not an album. Comparing RTTH to the flood of hits metallica released between Kill Em All and Load is not close at all.

Load isn't even a particularly well regarded album by Metallica and still went QUINTUPLE PLATINUM in 1996.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
I like Metallica, but i love Iron Maiden. When a band can afford to not play a lot of masterpieces live (like Alexander The Great) you know that they have something special.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I like this choice but still ups and downs with them too.
I was never into the vocal styles of Maiden but still damn good songs and some great lyrics too.
Metallica well they peaked early and now James voice just sounds of chin rock to me ...... but there will probably never be another band I know all their lyrics by heart like I did in 94

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maiden and it's not even close. Maidens only low point was the 90's and even that is better by most bands standards. Metallica stopped giving a shit in the mid 90's and has never been the same. Even in their sixties Iron Madien are all around better than Metallica. Lars is a HORRIBLE drummer, Kirk somehow regressed as guitar player so badly that he struggles to play the same songs he's been playing the past 35 years. Hetfields voice sucks, but he's still amazing at guitar. Trujillo is great, but looks out of place on stage and has horrible backing vocals.

Iron Maiden still puts out amazing records, while Metallica puts out garbage like Lulu. Metallica checked out a long time ago.