• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Looking forward to whatever they are producing.
https://irongalaxystudios.com/our-galaxy/our-expanded-leadership-team
PRESS RELEASE: Our Expanded Leadership Team
David 'DeeJ' Dague joins Iron Galaxy Studios as Head of Communications

Chelsea Blasko appointed CO-CEO alongside Adam Boyes

Seasoned Leadership Team and Ongoing Recruitment Set the Stage for Development & Launch of New Multiplayer Melee Combat IP For Consoles & PC

CHICAGO, IL (Nov.18, 2020) – Today, we are excited to announce that former Bungie Communications Director David "DeeJ" Dague has joined the company as Head of Communications and Chief Operating Officer Chelsea Blasko has been named Co-CEO alongside Adam Boyes. The expanded leadership team will drive the development and launch of an original multiplayer melee combat IP for consoles and PC.
Renowned for his work on the launch team for the Destiny franchise at video game developer Bungie, new hire David Dague has built exceptional teams that create inclusive, vibrant online communities that engage players. David will be building on his previous success with the creation of a new community team at Iron Galaxy.

"David had an amazing run at Bungie. I had the pleasure of working with him on Destiny's launch when I was at PlayStation," said Adam Boyes, Co-CEO, Iron Galaxy Studios. "He has built world class teams and we couldn't be happier about having him join our studio to lead the communications function at Iron Galaxy especially during the development of our new IP."

"Video games bring people together in the spirit of friendly competition," said David Dague, Head of Communications, Iron Galaxy Studios. "This opportunity with Iron Galaxy is a chance to welcome players into a community that we will build with them. There is nothing more exciting than witnessing players discover a brand-new game and come together to define its culture. I'm thrilled to be tackling these challenges with my new teammates."

"Despite the myriad challenges presented by the pandemic, Iron Galaxy continues to grow," said Chelsea Blasko, Co-CEO, Iron Galaxy Studios. "The studio has expanded from 140 to more than 175 people this year. Our supportive work-from-home culture ensures our staff feels cared for and valued as individuals. Our focus on creativity, communication, diversity, and inclusion has helped us attract and retain the best talent in the business."

Co-CEO Adam Boyes has cultivated deep relationships with many of the most influential publishers and developers in the games industry and leverages his publisher relationships to explore new opportunities for Iron Galaxy and maximize the studio's revenue potential. Co-CEO Chelsea Blasko has been instrumental in Iron Galaxy's growth and high employee retention. She is responsible for hiring, expansion, and development of the studio's culture elevating and shaping the company to what it is today. From HR, IT, DEI, mentorship programs, and more, Blasko will continue to run the company's day-to-day operations maintaining the well-being of its employees and the culture of the studio. Blasko also oversees Iron Galaxy's portfolio of games and Product Development disciplines. Iron Galaxy Founder Dave Lang works closely with Boyes and Blasko, overseeing the Company's strategic vision and direction and business development.

Megaten

Oct 30, 2017
No, guys. When we were crying out that we wanted you to do more Microsoft multiplayer games, we meant Killer Instinct 2. Not create your own take on Bleeding Edge.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Announces new MP melee combat IP

isleep.jpg

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Feels like it's been a while since I heard about anything from them. I hope this game does well but that's a rough genre to get into.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
KI was initially Double Helix right? Everything these guys have built from the ground up has been pretty average so far.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, guys. When we were crying out that we wanted you to do more Microsoft multiplayer games, we meant Killer Instinct 2. Not create your own take on Bleeding Edge.
Iron Galaxy isn't owned by MS nor do they own the Killer Instinct IP. We have no idea if Iron Galaxy wanted to do a KI2 and MS wasn't interested, or MS wanted to do a KI2 and Iron Galaxy weren't interested, or God forbid neither MS or Iron Galaxy were interested in making a KI2.
KI was initially Double Helix right?
Yes

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people making melee MP games when they flop like pancakes

Not always the case as you have games like For Honor out there though yeah, they seem to be more hit or miss in terms of success compared to MP shooters... then again success is hardly guaranteed even with big name studios and tons of marketing.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They just did the Crash and Spyro trilogy PC ports. I wouldn't be surprised if they're currently working on the PC port of Crash 4

Oh, that's awesome! I completely missed that they did those and, iiirc, they turned out pretty well. I'm waiting on a PC version of Crash 4 so yeah, here's hoping that's another current title of theirs.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
KI was initially Double Helix right? Everything these guys have built from the ground up has been pretty average so far.
It was but IG did a pretty damn good job with Season 2 (S3 not so much) so with a bigger budget and a proper dev cycle I was very optimistic for what they could do with a full sequel. Oh well.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
It was but IG did a pretty damn good job with Season 2 (S3 not so much) so with a bigger budget and a proper dev cycle I was very optimistic for what they could do with a full sequel. Oh well.
Thanks! I never played Season 2 or 3, so I was really confused why people wanted IG to build a sequel from scratch given their spotty track record.

Megaten

Oct 30, 2017
Iron Galaxy isn't owned by MS nor do they own the Killer Instinct IP. We have no idea if Iron Galaxy wanted to do a KI2 and MS wasn't interested, or MS wanted to do a KI2 and Iron Galaxy weren't interested, or God forbid neither MS or Iron Galaxy were interested in making a KI2.

Yes

Yea, the post was a playful joke. But thanks for the quick correction, I wouldn't want anymore to think there was an implication against Microsoft in some wild read on my post. God forbid, indeed.

By the way, congrats to Chelsea. And all joking aside, I actually still believe a melee MP game could take off and be a lot of fun, so best of luck to 'em.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Serious question: how successful/popular is the multiplayer melee GaaS genre?

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
While it's a proposition for a game I probably wouldn't play even if it was free since MP melee is certainly not my thing, I wish the best for Iron Galaxy.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Wish them success because I like Iron Galaxy but real question, who tf keeps green lighting these online mp melee games. How do they keep getting away with this.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Was wondering where he'd go!

2946875-gbe3.gif

The game sounds interesting, though the Battlecry cancellation (Bethesda game) and Absolver's muted reception makes me slightly worried for the game.