• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GhostBanana

Mar 18, 2019
Hamburg
It's making excuses for someone who is doing evil things because he's evil.

It's fun to call the guy an idiot but he knows what he is doing. His actions are specifically done to attract white supremacists.
Ah. I get where you're coming from. But what I meant was that his mental power has dramatically declined. The videos comparing his earlier way of speaking with the way he speaks today are surreal. And he only eats fast food, never exercises, is super fat. It is amazing. Yes, he deeply racist but I think with Iran it's all about moving the show forward. He needs to have a conflict every week to keep the show going and keep the spotlight on himself. He has surrounded himself with the worst people and its those people who want a war. I don't blame Iran for getting upset.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I look forward to someone here on Resetera tone-policing the Iranian president.

Also, yeah. No lies detected.
Maybe read the thread first. The person translating it is the problem.
Native speaker on reddit clarified -
That's not exactly the way he said it. ناتوانی ذهنی and معلولیت ذهنی are the words he uses which more or less translate to intellectual (or mental) incapacity (or disability). Sure, it means the same thing, but he didn't use that kind of language. عقب‌ماندگی This is the word that means retardation in Farsi. It's the same in Iran as it is here as far as the politeness (and PCness) of these specific words goes. .btw I'm a native speaker

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much this. Trump IS a fucking idiot, but given the actions of Iran over the last couple of weeks, I'm not sure what they expected. And they were already refusing any dialogue before these sanctions.

They withdrew from a multinational treaty and reapplied crippling economic sanctions, what did they expect?

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much this. Trump IS a fucking idiot, but given the actions of Iran over the last couple of weeks, I'm not sure what they expected. And they were already refusing any dialogue before these sanctions.
they claimed it was over their airspace. so they are in the right.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
They withdrew from a multinational treaty and reapplied crippling economic sanctions, what did they expect?
That is also true. But I can't imagine Iran thinking shooting down a US military drone would REDUCE sanctions. This wreaks more of Iranian brass being salty that this wave of sanctions is geared towards them.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That is also true. But I can't imagine Iran thinking shooting down a US military drone would REDUCE sanctions. This wreaks more of Iranian brass being salty that this wave of sanctions is geared towards them.

Yeah and for that matter when have drones ever been dangerous to a country in the Middle East?

Staff post, on cognitive conditions

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
The sentiments expressed herein not withstanding, please remember that the language used here is hurtful to people with various conditions. We ask members to be respectful to them and not echo this language themselves. Please do not compare these cognitive conditions with bigotry, stupidity, or malice.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
The diplomacy of a maniac. Here's some sanctions because we canceled the deal you were honoring for no reason other than it was agreed to by my predecessor...wanna talk?

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I always shake my head when I hear the US talking about getting Iran "to the negotiating table". Like, why would they? You had a deal, and you tore it up without provocation. Why would Iran trust any subsequent deal with the US? Why would any country?

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Not really, it shows Trump's dumbassery that he thinks the more the US sanctions, the higher likelihood of them coming to the table. They're just calling out that stupidity.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always shake my head when I hear the US talking about getting Iran "to the negotiating table". Like, why would they? You had a deal, and you tore it up without provocation. Why would Iran trust any subsequent deal with the US? Why would any country?
exactly. any negotiation going forward is less than symbolic. It doesn't mean anything

GhostBanana

Mar 18, 2019
Hamburg
Um, that is because the USA canceled the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, a treaty it had made with Iran and many other nations under Obama. Trump canceled it for really no reason other than his base thinks diplomacy is bullshit and that they don't know what treaties are. Trump hated it because it was from Obama. And it was a really good treaty! Now the USA is continuing to tighten sanctions on Iran which discourages Europe from doing business with them, which leads to things like shortages of medicine. Imagine that your mom or child was sick and you cannot get medicine in the pharmacy because a foreign country led by a reality TV star who claims to be a billionaire canceled a treaty, breaking public political promises. Damn DrewFu! Read a newspaper for gawdsake.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
I look forward to someone here on Resetera tone-policing the Iranian president.

Also, yeah. No lies detected.

Tone policing the Iranian president is stupid, I'm assuming it's not a direct translation. That being said members of resetera should know better than to throw around that word to call someone like trump stupid and cheer the mistranslation. It's an offensive word and it's offensive to those with disabilities. On top of that imagine how those with mental disabilities feel being used as a comparison to trump.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also disgusted at the idea that he thinks more sanctions are a good thing. A lot of people are going to be thrown into poverty and suffer because of these actions. It's abhorrent and fucking disastrous how we treat sanctions in this country.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If a foreign country flew a $150 million spy drone over US territory, would the US NOT shoot it down, or anyone? Come the fuck on, if a foreign power invades your airspace, you HAVE the right and obligation to stop it.
Pentagon says it was shot over International waters. I mean like if that's true you have to respond in some way.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I expect Trump to be exchanging love letters with Hassan Rouhani soon, in an attempt to make Kim Jong-un jealous.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Especially if that country threatened war for two years.

Not to mention that country helped overthrow one of your previous governments, gave arms to your neighbour when he invaded you, sold said neighbour chemical weapons that he then used on you, shot one of your civilian airliners out of the sky while it was flying within your own air space, invaded the country to your east, invaded the country to your west, and now says you're next.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Flying a spy plane over a country and then getting mad that they shoot it down. Or pissing all over a jointly signed treaty and then getting mad that the other party wont negotiate further with you.

#JustUSthings

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
They clearly want to call him a fucking moron, but have to wrap it up in formal language lol.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Trump certainly speaks like someone with a mental problem. Whether that is dementia or something else is beyond my knowledge, but it is painfully clear he is not mentally well.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
it was sarcasm. like as in "of course they would shoot down a drone flying in their region, they have every reason to".

I know you were being sarcastic lol. I was just pointing out how even in an allied nation to the US like Pakistan, civilians are living in terror from American drones.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
It's an interesting translation. What's the chances they translator chose that word knowing it would trigger a debate that would mask the actual meat and potatoes of the full statement?
Of course, plenty biting too.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Won't someone please think of the drones?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Iran leadership doesn't understand the words "nice" or "compassion," they never have. Sadly, the thing they do understand is Strength and Power, and the USA is by far the most powerful Military Force in the world, with 1.5 Trillion Dollars invested over the last two years alone..

....The wonderful Iranian people are suffering, and for no reason at all. Their leadership spends all of its money on Terror, and little on anything else. The U.S. has not forgotten Iran's use of IED's & EFP's (bombs), which killed 2000 Americans, and wounded many more...

....Iran's very ignorant and insulting statement, put out today, only shows that they do not understand reality. Any attack by Iran on anything American will be met with great and overwhelming force. In some areas, overwhelming will mean obliteration. No more John Kerry & Obama!

10:42 AM - Jun 25, 2019

Threaded tweet not written by Donald.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Ah. I get where you're coming from. But what I meant was that his mental power has dramatically declined. The videos comparing his earlier way of speaking with the way he speaks today are surreal. And he only eats fast food, never exercises, is super fat. It is amazing. Yes, he deeply racist but I think with Iran it's all about moving the show forward. He needs to have a conflict every week to keep the show going and keep the spotlight on himself. He has surrounded himself with the worst people and its those people who want a war. I don't blame Iran for getting upset.

Yeah, I get you.

Everything about this man frustrates me to no end. I know he's an idiot but I also don't want him to be looked at as many looked at/still look at Bush -- some silly idiot who doesn't know any better.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Iran leadership doesn't understand the words "nice" or "compassion," they never have. Sadly, the thing they do understand is Strength and Power, and the USA is by far the most powerful Military Force in the world, with 1.5 Trillion Dollars invested over the last two years alone..

....The wonderful Iranian people are suffering, and for no reason at all. Their leadership spends all of its money on Terror, and little on anything else. The U.S. has not forgotten Iran's use of IED's & EFP's (bombs), which killed 2000 Americans, and wounded many more...

....Iran's very ignorant and insulting statement, put out today, only shows that they do not understand reality. Any attack by Iran on anything American will be met with great and overwhelming force. In some areas, overwhelming will mean obliteration. No more John Kerry & Obama!

"Obliteration" just seems so comically evil and stupid. Iran was right.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Hahaha, I feel like a couple years ago they'd at least TRY to match his usual speech patterns somewhat. At this point they just don't give a shit anymore.

Also, these asshole warhawks are going to get their way sooner or later.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I love how he brags about spending $1.5 trillion in two years on their military, all the while Flint still doesn't have clean drinking water and infrastructure is going to shit across the country.

Deleted member 25712

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's put in a deliberately provocative way in order to mock Trump, whom I think most of us hate and think deserves mockery, but it's both technically inaccurate and unhelpful.

Granted, it's kind of funny in a "someone just slipped on the floor" kind of way, but...ugh. C'mon guys. This stupid back and forth has the potential to get fucking ugly with someone like Bolton on the national security council. Can we just fucking work together toward peace?