• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Got the 7th gen 10.2 inch base model and I'm liking it so much that I am seriously considering the Pro. These things have come a long way from me making fun of them back in the day.

Apple Pencil... So good.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a tablet person, so my vote still goes to their phones. It's a brilliant device.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I was researching the best tablet to do digital art and the Ipad was just consistently recommended because Procreate is native to the device.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I just got an 11" Pro and I love it. I haven't used my old laptop in two weeks. I realized that I basically never used my personal laptop for anything other than reading and watching, so why not just get an iPad? I still have my work laptop for productivity and my old 2015 MBP in a pinch.

The screen on this thing is bonkers. I adore it.

OP
OP
Spinluck

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I just got an 11" Pro and I love it. I haven't used my old laptop in two weeks. I realized that I basically never used my personal laptop for anything other than reading and watching, so why not just get an iPad? I still have my work laptop for productivity and my old 2015 MBP in a pinch.

The screen on this thing is bonkers. I adore it.

I still have to use a laptop for work and coding purposes. But I can do just about anything else on my iPad. Noteability is just an amazing app and over all it's such a convenient device for someone going to school like myself.

I think it's their one device that has literally no close competition. One could argue Surface's but I really don't consider them the same. I'd get a Surface as a laptop replacement before I got one as a tablet.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the base iPad has no competition at its price range, it's kind of crazy.

I have a 2018 Pro and it's great.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, the tablet sector is dominated now by Apple. Everything else is just cheap throwaway devices or cheap gifts.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Not into Apple products, but I tend to agree. Got my mom an iPad Air 2 as her facetime , surfing and productivity device for Xmas 2019 and it just works.
Can't say the same for android stuff, or PCs for that matter.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't get Ipads and bought one for taking notes.

Still not a fan, I use my phone for most of my browsing needs and the Macbook if I need something more.

The note taking experience has been great with the pencil and Notability though.

My wife has been more into the Ipad as a media consumption device even though she was not sure about it.

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty wild that google just punted on the tablet game

but yeah, my iPad is amazing and has really changed how I read my comics too

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Relative to their price, they are the best value but still iphone is their best product,

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No, it's iPhone. It can do everything iPad can, but it's the right size to be always with you and there when you need it.

OP
OP
Spinluck

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
No, it's iPhone. It can do everything iPad can, but it's the right size to be always with you and there when you need it.

Phones are easily their most successful.

Idk, I just don't think they crush the competition there like they do the tablet market. I feel like everyone else is still figuring it out.

Their Kindle App on iPad OS is better than having an actual Kindle...

I won't fault for anyone going with the iPhone tho

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
I like it a lot, don't regret moving from Android tablets. But do hope they can sort out iPadOS's memory issues that makes using the thing more frustrating than iOS 12.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I like my iPad Pro, but I hate the fact that there was a common problem with the model I got where the screen would develop light spots on it. From what I read it has something to do with how the screen is bonded to the surface. It has to be a design flaw because it happens in the same spot for everyone who encounters it.

ipadprodisplayhotspot-800x600.jpg

www.macrumors.com

Some 2017 10.5-Inch and 12.9-Inch iPad Pro Displays Suffering From Bright Spot Above Home Button

Some 10.5-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro models that were originally released in 2017 appear to be suffering from a display issue that causes a bright...

It's pretty damn annoying but the cost to repair or replace doesn't seem worth it.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
It's the ultimate youtube device, and the speakers on the Pros are good enough to carry it around the house with me as a music player, too.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
2018 Pro is outstanding. Working at home, it's the best companion device one can have - especially with this new pricey keyboard and trackpad thing.

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
I've been looking for a device to help with all of the digital RPG books I have and what not. Seems like the iPad pro is the best way to go as no android tablets have a similar aspect ratio to the iPad.

Might be my first apple device in many many years.

naib

Oct 25, 2017
ATX
It's the only Apple device I own. Along with the Pencil.

I had a wacom intuos 6x9 at least a decade ago. That thing blew my mind then but the apple pencil has blown it again.
Was not expecting pressure and angle detection. It was a gift and I thought it was a glorified stylus. I was wrong

edit: used to have a liquid cooled G5 but they switched to intel a cpl years after I got it and dual binaries didn't last very long.
Still pissed about that

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I would say it's between the iPad Pro and the AppleTV. They're the devices that pushed me into the Apple ecosystem....

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
I get a lot of use out of mine! I have 2018 12.9" Pro and a mini 4.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I've never been in a situation where I wish I had a tablet. I can't think of a single use case that woul benefit me.

But I'm glad you enjoy it!

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The iPad Pro is the best thing Apple makes, that thing has had a 120hz screen since 2017.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
I'd have to agree. it has been my go to before bed device. Usually either watch a stream or some anime right before bed. Perfect right now for facetime as well. I honestly rarely even use my macbook.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I have the last gen 11 inch pro and it's great, use it 90% of the time, really only bring out my laptop to play a game. Great for watching vids and browsing the internet.

Been using an iPad Pro for my main computer for 3/4 years now. Used an MacBook Air before that.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I work on my Macbook, but the iPad is the best way to consume media as far as I'm concerned. I only stopped reading books on it because I use a Kindle now for the e-ink, but basically everything else is on the iPad.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I'm actually waffling with buying either a new iPad or my first iPhone right now.

You guys aren't making it easy.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
Purchased the 2020 ipad pro after using the 6th generation ipad for a few years and the quality jump was insane! The screen is just beautiful

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Are tablets still popular? A few years ago everyone was buying tablets but now i don't hear a single person in real life talk about them.

WorldofMiku

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like my iPad Pro, but I hate the fact that there was a common problem with the model I got where the screen would develop light spots on it. From what I read it has something to do with how the screen is bonded to the surface. It has to be a design flaw because it happens in the same spot for everyone who encounters it.

ipadprodisplayhotspot-800x600.jpg

www.macrumors.com

Some 2017 10.5-Inch and 12.9-Inch iPad Pro Displays Suffering From Bright Spot Above Home Button

Some 10.5-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro models that were originally released in 2017 appear to be suffering from a display issue that causes a bright...

It's pretty damn annoying but the cost to repair or replace doesn't seem worth it.
I have this bright spot too. So annoying but I have to get used to it. Nothing I can do and even if Apple replaces it with the same model, there is a good chance of the bright spot coming again.

I want to upgrade my iPad, but until the next iPad has ProMotion, 4 speakers and Touch ID (it can have Face ID as well), I'm not upgrading my iPad.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I have this bright spot too. So annoying but I have to get used to it. Nothing I can do and even if Apple replaces it with the same model, there is a good chance of the bright spot coming again.

I want to upgrade my iPad, but until the next iPad has ProMotion, 4 speakers and Touch ID (it can have Face ID as well), I'm not upgrading my iPad.

Ya, the removal of the Touch ID has made it difficult justifying replacing it too.

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
One of their best products for sure, it helped me get into manga/comics and with the new OS/magic keyboard combo it could possibly help me ditch my laptop.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty wild that google just punted on the tablet game

but yeah, my iPad is amazing and has really changed how I read my comics too
Google made the GOAT tablet, the Nexus 7. Super comfortable to hold.
I had an iPad and it hurt my hands to hold. The edges are not comfortable at all, it's too heavy, and basically impossible to read on. Never again.