• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the stupid question...

I have a 6th gen iPad that is LTE-enabled. I have the cellular setting for "enable LTE" checked, as well.

Thing is, it's never gone beyond 3G. Are iPads notoriously bad at cellular connectivity or am I doing something wrong?

Note: I have an iPhone that handles LTE perfectly fine in the same locations where I'm only getting 1X or 3G on the iPad...both are Verizon.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Generally speaking if it's not negotiating LTE it means your rough order of priority is

1. Settings > General > Reset Network Settings (it might be a config issue, this is by far the easiest thing to try)
  2. Remove and reinstall the SIM card (seating issue)
  3. Check with Verizon that the SIM (and plan) support LTE
  4. Make sure your iPad is Verizon compatible (if it came from elsewhere in the world, it may not be)
  5. Try reinstalling iOS and restoring your setup from iCloud (Apple step #1)
  6. Try reinstalling iOS without restoring the backup (Apple step #2)
If all of that fails, and Verizon CS can't help you, then there is probably a fault on that particular iPad...providing you live in an area with working LTE. Pretty easy to prove, though - if you have no LTE on the iPad at an Apple Store, then its a device issue and the above would all be valuable steps.

OP
OP
Bumrush

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Generally speaking if it's not negotiating LTE it means your rough order of priority is

1. Settings > General > Reset Network Settings (it might be a config issue, this is by far the easiest thing to try)
  2. Remove and reinstall the SIM card (seating issue)
  3. Check with Verizon that the SIM (and plan) support LTE
  4. Make sure your iPad is Verizon compatible (if it came from elsewhere in the world, it may not be)
  5. Try reinstalling iOS and restoring your setup from iCloud (Apple step #1)
  6. Try reinstalling iOS without restoring the backup (Apple step #2)
If all of that fails, and Verizon CS can't help you, then there is probably a fault on that particular iPad...providing you live in an area with working LTE. Pretty easy to prove, though - if you have no LTE on the iPad at an Apple Store, then its a device issue and the above would all be valuable steps.

Thank you! I'll try all of these things