• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

yes?

• Yes.

Votes: 109 25.0%
  • Fuck no, absolutely not

Votes: 327 75.0%

• Total voters

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
nypost.com

Iowa restaurant’s pizza with Fruit Loops sparks debate on Twitter

Some things just never belong on pizza. People put a lot of different toppings on their pizza. Some, like pepperoni, are fairly common and non-controversial. Others, such as pineapple, are qui…

fruit-loop-pizza-2.jpg

Some things just never belong on pizza.

People put a lot of different toppings on their pizza. Some, like pepperoni, are fairly common and non-controversial. Others, such as pineapple, are quite divisive. White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki recently said the citrus fruit was "gross" on a good slice – but that's a different story.

With that being said, it's probably safe to say that Fruit Loops on pizza are among the more controversial pizza toppings.

A pizza place in Iowa has gained viral fame for putting the brightly colored cereal on pizza, Today reports. The pizza is produced by Fong's Pizza and is listed on the restaurant's menu in the breakfast section as "Loopy Fruits Pizza." The dessert-style dish features a sweet cream cheese sauce, mozzarella cheese and the fruity cereal.

"We wanted to provide an option that we thought would be fun for children because of the suburban market. But also we love doing things that are just off-the-wall," the restaurant's co-founder Gwen Page told the outlet. "Like what can we do to give people that truly unique experience? That's what we strive for at Fong's."

It's just fruit loops on baked bread, what were they thinking?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell?

I'd give it a try, but what the hell?

It's not even a pizza. It's a sweet dish.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
the idea of a flatbread with cream cheese sauce and cereal could work. the mozzarella is what makes it gross

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I don't like pineapples at all, on or in anything. That's why I don't like them on pizza.

This is meh. I'd try a slice.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
I was down with it as a dessert pizza concept then i read the sauce and cheese and im good.
But I like to believe that products like this are allowed to be sold/consumed because their is some kind of merit to it
You wouldnt just sell an objectively horrid product, would you?

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
:D

I wouldn't eat that shit, but I thank them for doing it anyway. Fucking with everybody with that one!

Good on them!

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dessert "pizzas" are fine. I was going to say I'd try it. Until I read that they put cheese on it anyways. Man who wants freaking cheese with their fruit loops??

robox

Nov 10, 2017
Our original location, founded on January 26th, 2009, is where we were inspired to create Fong's Pizza. Previously this location was home to King Ying Low, the oldest Chinese restaurant in the United States. We were inspired by their legacy & décor which helped us craft our menu into a fusion of Asian, Italian, & Polynesian cooking styles, resulting in our one of a kind menu. We paired all this with the tropical and fun flavors of a Tiki bar to present one of the most unique dining destinations in all of Des Moines. No matter when you join us; a few slices for lunch, our amazing happy hour, dinner, or late night for slices after a great night on Court Avenue, you can expect an experience that is uniquely Fong's.

fongspizza.com

Fong's Pizza - Des Moines, IA

Our original location, founded on January 26th, 2009, is where we were inspired to create Fong’s Pizza....

Turning an old Chinese restaurant into some mishmash of themes. And still using that hokey stereotype Chinese type face

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Dessert pizzas are perfectly fine but the mozzarella makes this ???

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Do you like pizza? Do you like pizza?
Yes I do! Yes I do!

Do you like Froot Loops? Do you like Froot Loops?
Yes I do! Yes I do!

Do you like... Froot Loop Pizza?

Oct 27, 2017
USA
A pizza joint that used to be in my hometown had delicious dessert pizzas and I found out from the owner that it was cake batter they used on them. So crust, cake batter, and then topping like chocolate chips or cherries or pineapple. But the batter didn't cook up like a cake. It was very moist like a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. And it was just cake batter like you buy in a box at the store with probably water and/or oil mixed in. I tried to replicate it one time but it didn't turn out so well.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Looks okay, thought it was a topping on regular pizza.

moblin

Oct 25, 2017
Москва
the texture would be the most "offensive" part; who wants every single bite of pizza to have 18 different individual crunches...?

but I'm a firm believer in trying a wide variety of pizzas, this is no exception.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen weirder pizzas than this. There's a pizza joint near Wrigley Field that makes up shit like this on a monthly basis.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Cheese and Froot Loops

2 great tastes that taste great......as far away from each other as possible. Yeeeesh no thanks.