• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
Hope it's ok to ask this in thread form.

My iPhone X (latest iOS version) browser started suddenly to always refresh the resetera page whenever I use the back command (either through the back arrow button or the swipe move). This is quite annoying because previously I was able to read all threads in the original order I saw them.

Now the refresh destroys the original thread order, which makes structured reading extremely hard.
I have not changed any settings.

Anyone else suffering from this and are there ideas in how to fix this?

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Hope it's ok to ask this in thread form.

My iPhone X (latest iOS version) browser started suddenly to always refresh the resetera page whenever I use the back command (either through the back arrow button or the swipe move). This is quite annoying because previously I was able to read all threads in the original order I saw them.

Now the refresh destroys the original thread order, which makes structured reading extremely hard.
I have not changed any settings.

Anyone else suffering from this and are there ideas in how to fix this?
No idea if that helps in any way, but on my iPhone XS, it doesn't refresh when i enter a thread, scroll around a bit, and go back to the subforum (Gaming Forum, Etcetera Forum, Gaming Hangouts, ...)

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I haven't run into this on my iPad. For me, it just has trouble loading the page initially. It just... Hangs. But when it finally loads the main page, it's fine. I think it's the navigating bar on top that gives me so much trouble.

Deleted member 33382

User request account closure
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Doesn't seem to do it if you use the navigation buttons rather than swiping. Fucked if I get that in muscle memory.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My XS and iPad Pro do this, I thought it was because of a glitch with the swipe gesture (apparently macOS has that bug currently as well) and not the buttons.

Could also be certain adblockers, if you have those loaded in. Apparently some of them are coded non-optimally and cause that issue to happen.

I'm never gonna teach myself to use the buttons instead of the swipe, so I'm just waiting until it gets resolved

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Yes it's awful! It only happens the first time I return though, so usually I just open the first thread and directly go back, then the reloading won't happen again.

Nyrad

Oct 27, 2017
Im still at an older iOS 12 version and dont have that problem with an X on Safari (just checked). Normally those problems have something to do with memory management. If you close all apps or try a full on phone reboot is the problem still occurring?

For what its worth - I use the brave browser a lot the last months since i feel like the performance is even better than Safari

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I find mobile era has issues running well in general. Sometimes I can write half a sentence before it shows up or the cursor disappears or wont move. Might have to do with bloated scripting and possibly the save draft thing. New posts also don't refresh correctly all the time and refreshing sometimes moves me back to old posts so I lose my place.

Im still at an older iOS 12 version and dont have that problem with an X on Safari (just checked). Normally those problems have something to do with memory management. If you close all apps or try a full on phone reboot is the problem still occurring?

For what its worth - I use the brave browser a lot the last months since i feel like the performance is even better than Safari

all browsers on ios use the safari rendering engine. youre only really changing the skin and tacked on features.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I find mobile era has issues running well in general. Sometimes I can write half a sentence before it shows up or the cursor disappears or wont move. Might have to do with bloated scripting and possibly the save draft thing. New posts also don't refresh correctly all the time and refreshing sometimes moves me back to old posts so I lose my place.

Cursor disappearing when making posts on iOS has been the bane of my existence

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Safari refreshing when going back on the iPhone drives me crazy. It's especially bad on sites that have endless scrolling.

Souzetsu

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
California
I honestly feel like this issue would be resolved by making the thread links open in a new tab by default. No need to go back.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this frustrates me; I just open threads in a new tab (Open in background) on my XS Max.

flook

Oct 28, 2017
This also happens in Safari on a MBP running High Sierra. Same behaviour - first thread backed out of results in refresh and then business as usual after that. It is fucking irritating.

OP
OP
Genetrik

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
Damn and here I was thinking I was alone with this.

The curious thing is that everything was ok some weeks back I think. And since I didnt update iOS for a longer time, the issue must be somewhere else?

Would one of the resetera tech people have any idea about this?

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think it is a known safari bug. I get page freezes when I use the back gesture. And reloads at other times.

OP
OP
Genetrik

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
So no help in sight then? Because at least for me it just started some weeks ago.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
How's your storage? Are you running on or close to full? iOS gets stupidly aggressive with purging memory when you're close to full.

BanditoMac

Dec 13, 2017
wow i honestly thought this was a feature that someone wanted on the forum and that it was terrible

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Weird. No issue in my X with 12.1.4 running.
I use 1Blocker X as my content blocker with a whitelist for this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.