• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I was hoping for watchos 7 public beta today :(
I'm still eagerly waiting for Big Sur. And yeah, watchOS as well. But with watchOS I'd rather they make sure it's ready since I'm sure it'd be a lot of hoops if you want to downgrade. Once I install a beta I don't go back (Except ONCE a few years ago with macOS where the first beta was unusable. I installed it again a few weeks later when it was better, and since then I haven't had to revert.) so I want to be stable enough. Since it's a Watch that means stable enough that the battery isn't dead within a day. But I want Big Sur more. I can't wait to explore it and offer feedback.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Now that it's night I can say the worst thing about the music widget is that it doesn't change to dark mode. It's bright red on my Home Screen at midnight lol. They're gonna get tired of all my feedbacks

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I like that they brought back Game Center so you can now view all your friends lists, achievements by game, invite people etc all in one central place again.

(It's in the App Store in your Profile menu & Settings)

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
ios 14 is probably my favorite major update they've done and we don't even have some of the signature features yet. Just feels so fresh.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
Widgets seem to be working great on my iPhone. But on the iPad I've noticed they sometimes don't load any information

Big Boss

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently, you can search photos now?! I went to send a picture and a a search bar came up. Not sure how things are getting tagged

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
My iCloud is filled up , how do I free up space in my iCloud? It doesn't tell me what photos and videos are actually being backed up.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Can someone do me a solid and see if you can preview Illustrator files in the files app on iPadOS? I'm sure the answer is still no, but I need to know for sure.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Apparently, you can search photos now?! I went to send a picture and a a search bar came up. Not sure how things are getting tagged

Photos has had search for a long time. Unless you mean it popped up in a new area, like the share sheet? Otherwise Photos has had comprehensive search since minimum iOS 10

My iCloud is filled up , how do I free up space in my iCloud? It doesn't tell me what photos and videos are actually being backed up.

By default, everything. Notes are pretty tiny, don't worry about those. Same with contacts etc. Focus on photos and files. There's no way to tell it to only send some photos to the cloud, it's all or nothing.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably the same search as the Photos app. Photos get catalogued with location, recognised people, manual tags, etc, but there's also some level of ML recognition that tags them with things it identifies, like dog, beach, baby, etc.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are the widgets not supported on iPhone 7 Plus? Can't seem to place them within my app grid.

And when someone calls me it still takes over the entire screen. This is on latest public beta.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Am I crazy or did you used to be able to choose what icons you want on the bottom row in Music app? Thought I had a Playlist button down there..

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
What's the point of hiding a whole page of apps from your home screen pages? Is it just like... a shortcut to not have to individually bother removing those apps & widgets accumulated there from the home screen? What's the point of making that page inaccessible?

Feels like that would be the same as sweeping dirt under a rug for later...

EDIT: also if I like the News "Today" widget, but don't like the "Topic" version, how can I get the "Today" version in a Smart Stack? My Smart Stack widget by default is making News a "Topic" version, when the regular News widget indepently has versions with Today curated stories.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
What's the point of hiding a whole page of apps from your home screen pages? Is it just like... a shortcut to not have to individually bother removing those apps & widgets accumulated there from the home screen? What's the point of making that page inaccessible?

EDIT: also if I like the News "Today" widget, but don't like the "Topic" version, how can I get the "Today" version in a Smart Stack? My Smart Stack widget by default is making News a "Topic" version, when the regular News widget indepently has versions with Today curated stories.

You answered the first question. It really is for those who don't want to be bothered managing past x pages of apps. You do have the option to make them accessible but seeing as they're infrequently accessed it will be on that last app drawer page.

Could you just edit the stack? When I hold on the widget I see the list of widgets and I just remove the news widget for topics and keep it to just Today.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
You answered the first question. It really is for those who don't want to be bothered managing past x pages of apps. You do have the option to make them accessible but seeing as they're infrequently accessed it will be on that last app drawer page.

Could you just edit the stack? When I hold on the widget I see the list of widgets and I just remove the news widget for topics and keep it to just Today.
Not sure what the right way is, but I had to make a standalone News Today widget and drag it over my Smart Stack to get it in there. I could not see any way to add anything but the Topic widget, no matter where I hit edit or held on the screen or widget.

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
Since the PB3 update, I've been unable to get my iPad to play any audio through my AirPods Pro. They still kinda connect though, so like I can run the ear tip fit test, but the audio will play through the iPad's speakers.

I've submitted a report, and I'll probably revert to stable because this is a huge issue for me.

Edit: Turning off sound recognition seem to have fixed it. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

octopedes

Feb 3, 2018
Does anyone here know if iOS 14 allows you to zoom in when drawing with Apple Pencil in Notes?

Was able to do this in 12, but they removed it in 13.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

How do you hide an entire page? Would like to know. It takes forever to do it one by one.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017

I had some folders that I didn't want on my Home Screen but didn't necessarily want to get rid of so I moved them and hid the page.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm weird but I used to always make my Home Screen first page match the one in all the marketing /promo photos from Apple...

it feels weird that I finally have to pick my own Home Screen since Apple is now marketing iOS 14 with no particular layout to encourage customizing it

very silly, but I feel weird trying to do it myself lol

THAT SAID: I love their implementation of widgets and my Home Screen feels like it actually has a function instead of just being a place to get out of quickly in search of functional apps

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I wish all the widgets had a "Enter the app normally" button in adition to fasttracking you to specific content within the app.

As is, icons and widgets serve different purposes, and one can't replace another.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I wish all the widgets had a "Enter the app normally" button in adition to fasttracking you to specific content within the app.

As is, icons and widgets serve different purposes, and one can't replace another.
Agreed. I'm sending feedback on this to Apple. I wish the top right or bottom right corner of each widget had the associated app's logo or icon or such to just jump me to opening the app (many widgets have the app logo but hitting it just clicks the nearest content link in the widget so you end up on the page of a specific news piece or podcast episode). I don't want to tap the calendar and only end up on a single event or day. I don't want to only open specific episodes of Podcasts every time.

but I don't want an app icon and a widget to be necessary.

a widget should be able to both open the app AND feed me specific content links. I should not need both separately.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is the function to long press/3d touch to move the text indicator around a piece of text you're writing broken in the current beta? Doesn't work for me anymore in either the stock keyboard or GBoard.