• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This really depends on what you feel is cool, not to mention exclusive apps stuff is kind of dead at this point. Either way things like Drafts or Shortcuts are extremely powerful apps that people love for automating different processes. Halide and Darkroom are well liked photo apps, I like RNI personally. Fantastical is a super calendar app. You can try looking at Macstories but I personally find the site insufferable. The sweet setup is a Mac focused site with a lot of app recommendations

is there anything specific you are looking for?
Thanks for your response!
I'm mainly looking for a better local MP3 player, mainly because Bandcamp is my preferred music source (rather than, say, Spotify or Apple Music) and I usually grab files and manually move them over to my phone. I used Blackplayer on Android.

I also would love a sticky notification app similar to Android's Notin, which allowed you to write single or list based notifications that would stay in your Android notification shade until you manually dismissed them. It was very lightweight and easy to use. I would use it for shopping lists all the time.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for your response!
I'm mainly looking for a better local MP3 player, mainly because Bandcamp is my preferred music source (rather than, say, Spotify or Apple Music) and I usually grab files and manually move them over to my phone. I used Blackplayer on Android.

I also would love a sticky notification app similar to Android's Notin, which allowed you to write single or list based notifications that would stay in your Android notification shade until you manually dismissed them. It was very lightweight and easy to use. I would use it for shopping lists all the time.

Sadly theres no player Im aware of that integrates that way for bandcamp

as for the notes bit any task or note app should have a widget you can put on the shade pull down. pull down the shade, swipe right and scroll till you see edit. You can then add notes or reminders and rearrange order. I personally like Bear for lightweight notes and lists

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I've noticed this happening on my 7+ when listening through my headphones. I'll pause my music and when I unpause it it's so much louder. I don't get it. I thought I was accidentally hitting the volume button when pressing unpause but I'm pretty sure I'm not.
it drives me absolutely crazy, when my ringtone goes nuts again. I can't remember this happening in iOS 12

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
The weirdest thing is happening with safari. The order of open tabs keeps changing by itself. For example all the resetera threads I keep open one after another gets jambled with other pages and I need to keep reorganizing them manually only for it to happen again.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
The weirdest thing is happening with safari. The order of open tabs keeps changing by itself. for example all the open resetera threads I keep open one after another gets jambled with other pages and I need to keep reorganizing them manually only for it to happen again.
Phone or iPad? For iPad, hold a tab and you can arrange by title and website, on iPhone... I'm honestly not sure, lol.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Phone or iPad? For iPad, hold a tab and you can arrange by title and website, on iPhone... I'm honestly not sure, lol.
I'm on iPhone 6s. I did that thing when going into landscape in safari so you can change the ordering. It's shuffeling pages I've had open for days. Not like new pages I'm opening.

Oct 25, 2017
So this has been going since iOS 12 for me but I still haven't figured out a solution.

When using Apple Maps and Amazon music, I don't hear any voice instructions for the next step prompts, it only dings. This doesn't happen with Apple Music or Pandora. Any idea why this happens and how to change it?

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
How do I get the settings notification badge to shut the fuck up about an update being available?
Deleting the downloaded update files manually from the list under General -> iPhone Storage should remove it as long as you don't check for updates afterward (that'll trigger the download again).

Red

Oct 26, 2017
The weirdest thing is happening with safari. The order of open tabs keeps changing by itself. For example all the resetera threads I keep open one after another gets jambled with other pages and I need to keep reorganizing them manually only for it to happen again.
Same. But it's not "always." Just sometimes. And usually tabs stay in relatively the same position. It's a shift up or down of 1-3 tabs. It's weird and confusing.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I'm so annoyed by the iOS 13 keyboard, like really pissed.

I don't know what they did, but they managed to somehow break the autocorrection in my German keyboard. It does the weirdest shit, like wrong casing, totally stupid autocorrections etc. Anyone else? Is this language dependent? It feels like the us keyboard works like before.
I never had to correct that much after typing for many years.

Oct 25, 2017
Ios 13 keyboard and tapping gestures to select text is miserable ux
my ipad dock also keeps randomly not allowing me to open apps from it

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so annoyed by the iOS 13 keyboard, like really pissed.

I don't know what they did, but they managed to somehow break the autocorrection in my German keyboard. It does the weirdest shit, like wrong casing, totally stupid autocorrections etc. Anyone else? Is this language dependent? It feels like the us keyboard works like before.
I never had to correct that much after typing for many years.
This. Anything other than English is awful.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Does dismissing text messages at the lock screen (i.e. dismissing notifications on the locked screen) no longer mark them as "read"? This is annoying AF with text messages.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Maybe someone here can help me with this:

EH-rkDlXkAE_aPK

Whenever I send a call to voicemail, I get that screen. The Spanish part says "Would you like to respond to this call with a text message?".

I already disabled it in "Touch ID & Passcode -> Reply with Message" but I still keep getting it.

The fact that it's in Spanish (when I have my iPhone's language set to English) makes me think it's a carrier thing, but I called their support and they told me it's an iPhone thing and I should disable it there.

Is there another setting that I need to disable?

Or could it really be a carrier thing?

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe someone here can help me with this:

Whenever I send a call to voicemail, I get that screen. The Spanish part says "Would you like to respond to this call with a text message?".

I already disabled it in "Touch ID & Passcode -> Reply with Message" but I still keep getting it.

The fact that it's in Spanish (when I have my iPhone's language set to English) makes me think it's a carrier thing, but I called their support and they told me it's an iPhone thing and I should disable it there.

Is there another setting that I need to disable?

Or could it really be a carrier thing?

That looks like a carrier thing, check on the settings under SIM card, or check the number for that company for a automated services. Something similar happened to me when I traveled over seas the carrier had extra features that will pop up like that.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't manually checked for an iOS update as I have for 13.1.3 in ages. One of the worst functioning builds I've had the displeasure of suffering through, and I hop into betas early on.

Glad its out and hope its as solid as the 4th build impressions suggest.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe for watch, but MacOS has been on its own time table for this whole iteration. I wouldn't bank on anything for that.
Maybe. I think the new emoji thing - while it serves the purpose of getting a bunch of latecomers to upgrade - is a double-edged sword that means Apple's got to support them across all its platforms basically simultaneously.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
That looks like a carrier thing, check on the settings under SIM card, or check the number for that company for a automated services. Something similar happened to me when I traveled over seas the carrier had extra features that will pop up like that.
OMG! Thank you!

I had not seen that option. It was right there and it was activated.

Turned it off.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
So do we have to turn anything on to use this new camera neural learning stuff?

Also, I got messages ready aloud by siri turned on (using power beats pro), and I turned on the option to allow me to reply without saying hey siri, but that doesn't seem to work? Is that an air pods only feature or something?

Last edited:

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Any good Deep Fusion comparison shots / write-ups yet from the beta? Really curious how much of a difference "Sweater Mode" will make for this already spectacular smartphone camera.

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe. I think the new emoji thing - while it serves the purpose of getting a bunch of latecomers to upgrade - is a double-edged sword that means Apple's got to support them across all its platforms basically simultaneously.
Not necessarily. Lately they seem perfectly happy with feature disparity for a couple days or weeks while they catch up with the other OS.

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
After updating, the status bar displays "Invalid SIM". This has happened with each update since 13.0.0. Gotta restart the phone to fix it.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Do small updates still do a bunch of updates in the background hitting battery? Updated yesterday and again my phone wasn't charging overnight. Went to bed at 11pm with 50% battery and woke up this morning at 6am with 30% - so it dropped 50% during 18hrs with me using it - and 20% In 7hrs just sitting there doing nothing

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Does dismissing text messages at the lock screen (i.e. dismissing notifications on the locked screen) no longer mark them as "read"? This is annoying AF with text messages.
If you just dismiss them it doesn't mark as read - if you "open" them and then click the X to dismiss it marks them as read. Pretty sure that's how it works (and always has).

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
The new reminders app is a lot better than the old one, but there are still some pure stupidity here.

If I set a reminder with a date and assign a person to it, that means I want to be reminded when I talk to that person on that date.

But it treats people and dates as separate things, and will remind me the next time I message that person, no matter what date it is. Why?