• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
that's the thing, I haven't changed my ID, and these are the built-in apps, like Keynote, and Clips and so on.
I'll just remove them all then, see if that fixes anything.
Those are not built-in apps. You have to own/redeem them like any other apps at least once. Apple give them away for free to Apple IDs on new devices.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Those are not built-in apps. You have to own/redeem them like any other apps at least once. Apple give them away for free to Apple IDs on new devices.
never downloaded them, so if it comes with the phone it's built-in for me :)
They're removed now anyway, thanks. Will see if autoupdates works for the rest of the apps now.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
never downloaded them, so if it comes with the phone it's built-in for me :)
Sounds like maybe some in-store staff may have initialized the phone first (thus they're tied to another Apple ID)?
They're normally opt-in redeemed for free during phone setup if you're using a new Apple ID, or downloadable from the App Store for existing IDs (afaik Apple made them free for everyone a while back). :)

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somehow the mobile youtube homepage always plays the videos in 240p. Even if I change the resolution settings, it won't remember.
I am even using a youtube account and the settings won't stay at HD. My Macbook doesn't have the issue using the same accountY
Already did a hard reset and nothing changed.

Anyone else having issues or know a fix?

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Is double-tap to zoom gone in iOS 13? Like, double-tapping a column/paragraph in an article on a website...? Pinch to zoom works for me, but double-tapping to zoom looks like it's gone?

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
Is double-tap to zoom gone in iOS 13? Like, double-tapping a column/paragraph in an article on a website...? Pinch to zoom works for me, but double-tapping to zoom looks like it's gone?
Yeah, it seems to be gone. Hopefully temporarily because of the changes to get desktop rendering on iPad. It remains useful to me, even on Mac so I can't imagine they removed it deliberately.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is dictation screwed up for anyone else in iOS 13? I can't get it to work anymore.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Edison was updated and I'm still not getting push notifications for emails which is frustrating to say the least. Anyone else?

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
we talked about it a few pages back. It depends on the website. If it's a site optimized for mobile, iOS Safari won't zoom on double tap anymore... it still works on older pages.

but didn't someone say it's working again? Possible I'm wrong though

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
I miss the ability to use the pinch-out gesture to enter fullscreen mode on a video. Why did they change that?

It still works in the YouTube-app but not with all the other apps I tried

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
So is it just me or are notifications overall kind of fucked? Sometimes i get, sometimes i dont. Its really inconsistent.

croc

Oct 27, 2017
Indianapolis
just upgraded from 8 to 11 pro and I've been having these two inconsistent bugs.

1st is that my email will keep opening to the same email, even if I reset my phone or fully quit the app.
2nd is that my keyboard will sometimes open straight to the emoji keyboard instead of my default. Are these known things or are there any fixes?

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I have a weird bug where I have tickets in my wallet and the notification persists days after the event. It will persist even after I remove the tickets.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
Since I've updated to iOS 13 I've noticed Apple Pay is very wonky. Doesn't seem to work half the time on my 8 Plus whereas it was pretty flawless before.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Not getting any traction in the apple thread, has anyone in here seen my issue here?

Still having an issue with the podcasts app. It's just not refreshing at all and I don't know why. I have background data turned on, tried refresh every hour and every 6 hours, celluar data usage is toggled, but nothing. I have to open the app and pull to refresh for it to then update and download new episodes.

This worked perfectly when i was on my XS, but it hasn't worked since i switched over to the 11 pro. Any suggestions on how to fix? I'm also running the lastest iOS (13.1.2). Have done reboots and everything too.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
Is there anyway to get my apps to update automatically instead of me having to check the App Store for an update?

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Did something change or maybe I just never noticed it because I haven't been using the keyboard at night lately, but the backspace, caps, and numbers key aren't grey like the rest of the keyboard, but light blue?

Oct 25, 2017
Not getting any traction in the apple thread, has anyone in here seen my issue here?

Still having an issue with the podcasts app. It's just not refreshing at all and I don't know why. I have background data turned on, tried refresh every hour and every 6 hours, celluar data usage is toggled, but nothing. I have to open the app and pull to refresh for it to then update and download new episodes.

This worked perfectly when i was on my XS, but it hasn't worked since i switched over to the 11 pro. Any suggestions on how to fix? I'm also running the lastest iOS (13.1.2). Have done reboots and everything too.

Im noticing certain apps that require a lot of background activity to be a bit messy on 13, especially fitness tracking apps. I think it's to do with all the privacy stuff they're throwing in

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Not feeling the pure black on this Instagram dark mode. Real dark gray would be better I think. Or just more variation.

Just to check with fellow iPhone 8 users - what are we all seeing for our current Maximum Battery Capacity? I'm trying to figure out if I should be replacing mine yet or not.
Mines at 92%, had it since launch. Battery feels worse than that, however. I wanna get a new one.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
"App x has been tracking your location in the background. Do you want to keep allowing this?"

I approve of this warning but I don't approve of how often it pops up for the same apps. Does it recur every few days no matter how many times I grant permission?

Oct 25, 2017
"App x has been tracking your location in the background. Do you want to keep allowing this?"

I approve of this warning but I don't approve of how often it pops up for the same apps. Does it recur every few days no matter how many times I grant permission?

I feel like I've gotten it a few times for my Arlo app. I would not be shocked if Apple has to go into some kind of whitelist program for apps that rely on these kinds of things. As I said, it's creating a lot of headaches with stuff like Garmin and Strava.