• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Interesting that CarPlay does not open the app you use on the cars screen on your phone anymore. Too bad I can't use another navigation app on the new main view, though. I couldn't care less about Apple maps

Kyonashi

Oct 24, 2017
UK
Were you updating from an early 13.0 beta? The new iCloud sync daemon that enabled folder sharing was removed from the betas a couple weeks ago because it was causing havoc with some users' data. It's currently uncertain whether it'll fixed up for a return in a future 13.x update or whether it'll be pushed out to iOS 14.

Not a beta, just regular OTA updates.

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting that CarPlay does not open the app you use on the cars screen on your phone anymore. Too bad I can't use another navigation app on the new main view, though. I couldn't care less about Apple maps

I always found it annoying that it would mirror my phone. I wouldn't want that. I wanted it to stick to Google Maps on my car screen, and let me use my phone apps on the phone.

What has changed?

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always found it annoying that it would mirror my phone. I wouldn't want that. I wanted it to stick to Google Maps on my car screen, and let me use my phone apps on the phone.

What has changed?

It won't change to the apps you're using on your phone now, it'll just stay on whatever is on the Car Play screen, it's fantastic. I hated the old system as well

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Agreed! That's the best thing about iOS 13 so far - love that I can have the passenger look for music on spotify while I can still see Waze. And yep, I tried using Apple maps to take advantage of dashboard view and I see it's still hot garbage. I wish they allowed waze to use that interface.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
don't have a car with CarPlay feature so I don't know if this works, but I think you should try it with a shortcut or an automations in Shortcut-App.

When CarPlay Connects -> Media -> Set Playback Destination -> AirPods.
Just wanted to report back - this works pretty well for the most part!

The integration is still problematic if I'm frequently switching between doing different things while using CarPlay, but it's better than before. Thanks for the idea!

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Just install IOS 13.1 on my Ipad Air 2, and pretty surprise to see it seem to run smoother? Maybe its just me, i dont know. God i love the dark theme!

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see battery issues mentioned in the update notes because my Air 2 was draining like a motherfucker, even after the initial couple days of reindexing. Hopefully it's fixed now.

Just install IOS 13.1 on my Ipad Air 2, and pretty surprise to see it seem to run smoother? Maybe its just me, i dont know. God i love the dark theme!
I feel the same here, seems to have fixed some random choppiness I was getting here and there.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
13.1.2 available now

iOS 13.1.2 includes bug fixes and improvements for your iPhone. This update:
- Fixes a bug where the progress bar for iCloud Backup could continue to show after a successful backup
- Fixes an issue where Camera may not work
- Addresses an issue where the flashlight may not activate
- Fixes a bug that could result in a loss of display calibration data
- Fixes an issue where shortcuts could not be run from HomePod
- Addresses an issue where Bluetooth may disconnect on certain vehicles

Oct 25, 2017
The new multi tap to select text structure is pretty bad. It's not intuitive and the responsive ness of taps between my ipad and iPhone is very different

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I just updated my AppleTV and I'm sorry if this has been asked. Is there any way to disable the "autoplay" function of when the cursor is on the tv app-and it just plays some random trailer that I didn't ask for? Because holy shit that's annoying.

Edit: I found the answer:
  • Launch the Settings app on your Apple TV.
  • Select General -> Accessibility -> Motion.
  • Toggle off the switch for Auto-Play Video Previews.

My God-who would even enable this in the first place and WHY? That is such an un-apple thing to put in your interface. It's so intrusive and annoying. I just see these two annoying people from "booksmart" blaring on my TV and they weren't invited.

Last edited:

Mouseninja

Jun 9, 2018
My Gen 1 AirPods have been buggy since updating. Tried resyncing and things are better but I still am having drop-outs. Pausing the track and then double tapping to play again seems to solve it. This update has been woeful for me.
My Beats x are the same, if I pause them from the lock screen it can take a few attempts to get them to play again

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
iOS 13 has been a huge step backwards in stability from iOS 12

Call me a weirdo but a) 12 was entirely a stability/back end release. If THAT wasn't stable it woulda been a problem. 13 is a major, feature and QoL release. And some hate updates because reasons, but they'vv been hammering away at issues in a super timely manner.

But yeah if the possibility of new bugs is a concern, don't update to new OS releases until it's known to be stable/issue free for your use. You update early? Expect the large chance of an issue or three that affect you. *shrug*

Oct 30, 2017
Ever since 13.0 came out, I have not been able to update over the air. I've had to do all of them through itunes so far because my phone just states that I am up to date. I just went to do 13.1.2 in itunes, but it says I need 980 MB free. Itunes says I have 2.11 GB free...

signal

Oct 28, 2017
iOS 13 has been pretty flawless for me personally. Only change I don't like is the haptic touch stuff on my 7 but no bugs or anything for me.

Ghost Rider

Oct 27, 2017
My Gen 1 AirPods have been buggy since updating. Tried resyncing and things are better but I still am having drop-outs. Pausing the track and then double tapping to play again seems to solve it. This update has been woeful for me.
I've been having this issue with my gen1 for months. Always the left one. It also sometimes fails to charge which causes most of the issues

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
iOS 13 has been pretty flawless for me personally. Only change I don't like is the haptic touch stuff on my 7 but no bugs or anything for me.
Same here, aside from some battery issues on the iPad.

iOS 13 has been pretty smooth considering all the changes and it's FAR from an actually troublesome iOS release. I don care if they release daily updates if that means they're working out any kinks.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I've had two apps fail to quit after backing out -= they keep playing in the background after you disconnect - and don't even appear in the quittable apps - so to stop Disney radio for example, I have to reboot my phone. That's crazy.

Oct 28, 2017
Keyboard is fucked. Anytime i want to use an apostrophe for a word with a contraction, it messes it up.
it's turns to it'd

it happens so much I've had to create keyboard shortcuts to override it.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Yeah, 13 has been disappointing in terms of stability. Can't believe Apple has had to spend so many hotfixes in such short a time.

My X still has weird issues but Mail has has been mostly fixed.
My Air 2 is still near dead, barely functions and can't authenticate with Apple. Even hooking it up to iTunes gives me a device read error. I fear the apps on there that you can no longer get like the Infinity Blade series are now gone if I have to reset it.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I've had two apps fail to quit after backing out -= they keep playing in the background after you disconnect - and don't even appear in the quittable apps - so to stop Disney radio for example, I have to reboot my phone. That's crazy.
That's bad. does It keep playing even if you listen to something else?

I hoped so much that Apple gets back on track with their software quality, but iOS 13 seems to be the opposite 😕

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's bad. does It keep playing even if you listen to something else?

I hoped so much that Apple gets back on track with their software quality, but iOS 13 seems to be the opposite 😕

Yeah it plays no matter what. Just Radio Disney and another audio/radio app. haven't tried everything. But Disney never worked AT ALL before, which is why I tried it. So now it works TOO HARD, Can't remember which the other was but maybe pandora Or Spotify?

iPhone 8, btw.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
iOS 13.1.2 is out. For those who've upgraded does it address any of your concerns? Still waiting to see if people having problems with the Mail app are still having them.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
iOS 8 was really bad too. It took Apple some time to straighten out the kinks. Every iOS since, with the exception of 13, has been rock solid.

I honestly don't remember how it panned out, but I do remember the narrative after the X released that Apple was delaying features to focus on fixing bugs in 12 because 11 was such a mess

At any rate, 13(.1) is better polished than the competition but I do run into some glitches daily. Moreso on iPad OS than iOS

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Apple are annoying me lately I have two problems I can't wait to be fixed

Music playlist art not showing the correct album art on the iPhone after updating to IOS 13

there's a new Bedtime Alarm in your Alarms tab that you simply can't delete.

Annoyed!

navanman

Oct 27, 2017
Dublin
Still having issues with company MS 0365 email notification on 13.1.2.
Get notification sound and badge but email isn't visible in Mail app until I do pull down to refresh.