• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else getting stupidly loud iPad keyboard sounds? (And notifications/lock button). Happens after I connect to a usb-c dock which has charging but also a HDMI out (because I use with my MBP too). Can't figure out how to get it to shut up and it's driving me crazy.

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
So removing the beta profile now would let me upgrade to whatever the next stable general update when it releases?

Deleted member 14663

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know you could downgrade. I'll look up how.

You can go to any iOS version that is still signed by Apple for your device. No matter how low, if Apple is signing it, you can install it. This led to cases in the past where Apple accidentally signed older versions again for a few hours due to a mistake. The jailbreak fans sure jumped on that one!

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
Hey, I need some help. I just downloaded the 10.15 beta, and now my iMessage notifications aren't making any noise. When I go to Messages preferences, "Play Sound Effects" is checked and there is my choice of a tone selected. When I go to notifications, there is no checkbox for "Badges" or "Sounds". I have no idea what to do, and I didn't have this issue until the latest update. Please help.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My'gosh Can't stand iOS 13.1. I want off this train but I only have iCloud save. Im stuck with it ?

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I see only one. Yesterday 10.30´Pm. I intend to buy the new incoming iPhone and I don't want to install a defective beta on it :(
I don't believe your backup will force you to install the beta, wait for someone else to also confirm but I believe I am right, of course skipping the backup and starting fresh would also get you off and clear for the new phone, you probably wont lose as much as you think, most things but not all are saved separately already without the backup, and of course if it doesn't then you'd still have the backup.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where are you seeing that one? It'll only show you the older ones on the actual restore screen when you set up/erase a device
I'm seeing that in my iCloud setting selection this Device.
what am i losing my not loading my save cloud if new phone ? I need my notes mymessages and my playlists mostly

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm seeing that in my iCloud setting selection this Device.
what am i losing my not loading my save cloud if new phone ? I need my notes mymessages and my playlists mostly

in your main iCloud screen, anything not checked green will not come over unless you use a backup, so anything green will come over even if you set up as new. Playlists are managed by your iCloud music library (renamed Sync Music) in the Music section of Settings if you use Apple Music

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
iPadOS beta's stable 99% of the time for me now (stopped updating before 13.1), now all I want is the general release so that third party apps can start taking advantage of the features. Side by side Word is gonna be game changing for me.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Man, by the sounds of things I'm glad I never installed the 13.1 beta. But why is 13.1 out? Why would that even be an option right now? Wouldn't they have gone to 13.0.1 first? And are the 13.0 betas done then? Is 13.1 gonna be the first release or was this some weird mistake that Apple still hasn't figured out yet? I'm still confused. But glad that at least the most recent 13.0 update is pretty stable at least.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Man, by the sounds of things I'm glad I never installed the 13.1 beta. But why is 13.1 out? Why would that even be an option right now? Wouldn't they have gone to 13.0.1 first? And are the 13.0 betas done then? Is 13.1 gonna be the first release or was this some weird mistake that Apple still hasn't figured out yet? I'm still confused. But glad that at least the most recent 13.0 update is pretty stable at least.
I read an interesting piece the other day that linked this unusual release to the Trump tariffs. Basically it assumed 13.0 has been wrapped up (pre-maturely) early to meet some deadline that enables Apple to avoid the tariffs this year. I wish I could find the link again, it was pretty sound and even provided points by which to determine if the author was right or wrong after launch of the phones lol.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I'm super glad I didn't update to 13.1. My iPad has been prompting me for a few days, definitely don't want to do it.

Has there been any rumbling about an official 13.0 release date for either iPhone or iPad?

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm super glad I didn't update to 13.1. My iPad has been prompting me for a few days, definitely don't want to do it.

Has there been any rumbling about an official 13.0 release date for either iPhone or iPad?
Probably around the time of the Apple event on the 10th.

xxx shiv xxx

Oct 26, 2017
Ohio
Sorry if mentioned before as I've just been able to skim the thread, but has anyone that has used the 13.1 beta on a 7+ notice their battery draining much faster than before? I swear it only seems to last just over half as long now.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
New beta is so much better
Of 13.1? Is the public version out yet? My phone downloaded one but I haven't installed it yet and it's not labeled as a number so I don't know if it's the last version or not. I'm afraid to even bother and if it's not better I would probably just stay on 13.0 until release.

Edit: Just checked again and there's a new one that does say 2 on it. So it's better and not broken?

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
Of 13.1? Is the public version out yet? My phone downloaded one but I haven't installed it yet and it's not labeled as a number so I don't know if it's the last version or not. I'm afraid to even bother and if it's not better I would probably just stay on 13.0 until release.

Edit: Just checked again and there's a new one that does say 2 on it. So it's better and not broken?
Dev beta for 13.1 v 2 just hit

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
Since this new beta feels solid, should I remove my dev beta profile and just wait till the public release of 13.1?

FerranMG

Oct 29, 2017
So, if I get it correctly, Apple stopped releasing beta builds for iOS 13, and are only doing 13.1 betas now?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
so - safe to update to the seemingly stable PB13.1 and then remove the profile? (I already removed it so am on 13)