• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Well, I took the dive and put iPad OS on my iPad Pro, and everything is working fine except one app that I'm beta testing....really hope it gets updated soon to support iPad OS because, uhhh...the full release is right around the corner, lol.

Nov 30, 2018
2x boost on app launches is in this new beta

You have to reinstall the app for it to work though.

Offloading works too.

YTbN5d0.jpg

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wonder what the plan for the GM is. People aren't going to be expected to mass uninstall and reinstall their apps. Maybe make it so that the first app update after the GM isn't a delta update but a silent redownloading of the whole thing?

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what the plan for the GM is. People aren't going to be expected to mass uninstall and reinstall their apps. Maybe make it so that the first app update after the GM isn't a delta update but a silent redownloading of the whole thing?
Pretty sure that's what's going to happen. Your average joe surely doesn't update apps manually, so they won't even notice the increased download time.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
VNC app still doesn't work. Does anywhere host release notes? The apple link always just seems to link to the general marketing page for iPadOS (I see they have the autocorrect library updated for that..)

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm not gonna redownload apps. That will cost me all the time I'll save from faster app openings...

Nov 30, 2018
Offload them and redownload them.
Took me 5 minutes and I didn't needed to input passwords or anything.
Beauty of offload

Nov 30, 2018
You sure offload works the same as a full delete/reinstall? I don't mind offloading if that really works but how can you tell?

Someone mentioned it
And I believe since it's deleting the app itself but keeping the data so it should work the same.

Speed improvements could be anecdotal but for the time it took to offload some and download them back I feel like they're faster opening

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Someone mentioned it
And I believe since it's deleting the app itself but keeping the data so it should work the same.

Speed improvements could be anecdotal but for the time it took to offload some and download them back I feel like they're faster opening
I'll give it a shot for my most used apps... won't hurt

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Mail keeps not showing me all the new emails. I'll see A notification, clear the inbox out, press left and there are still a bunch of unread in 'all mailboxes' which I was in originally

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Installed ios13 Beta, and i kinda like it. It feels snappier, but, why are there Memojis now with Emojis together? Please tell my i can deactivate Memojis somehow?

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Um how do you search the text of a web page in Safari now? You used to just type the word you wanted to find in the address bar and then the last option was to search the page

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Um how do you search the text of a web page in Safari now? You used to just type the word you wanted to find in the address bar and then the last option was to search the page
Command + F
Share Sheet → Find on page
Command + L and type / Adress bar and type

All of the above work for me in the latest beta on ipad

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Anything I should know before jumping in to the ios13 beta? I use FB,Insta,Safari, Reddit and Twitter mostly, with Outlook email.

Mr. Wonderful

Oct 27, 2017
Do all apps benefit this or just those latest updated ones?
Excited to hear more impressions!

Not that I'm complaining, but the faster app launches seem like such a band-aid to a larger memory management problem on iOS. Apple's been advertising faster app launch times like every other release in recent years. Yet here I am after iOS 12's startup time improvements, and it seems like all my apps take way too long to launch. Is this update just going to give me another year until Startup teams start to become unbearable again?

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
iPadOS 13: Took the microSD card out of my Nintendo Switch, quickly saved a Smash Bros video replay to my Photos library, edit it down to the right length, save it straight from Photos to an external hard drive that I have set up purely for video storage which was easily accessible in the Files picker from the share sheet. Also I could name the file in the save dialogue without having to save it first and then go back to rename it (can't believe that was a thing since iOS 11....)

Nice.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
iPadOS 13: Took the microSD card out of my Nintendo Switch, quickly saved a Smash Bros video replay to my Photos library, edit it down to the right length, save it straight from Photos to an external hard drive that I have set up purely for video storage which was easily accessible in the Files picker from the share sheet. Also I could name the file in the save dialogue without having to save it first and then go back to rename it (can't believe that was a thing since iOS 11....)

Nice.

Wow.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That Safari hide toolbar toggle is great. It stays hidden until you tap the top again, thanks. 👌

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
So how is the beta for everyone? So far since joining public beta 5 it's been very stable with a few bugs here and there. Hope it keeps on until release. So far I love iPadOS on my first gen iPad Pro 12'9

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
So how is the beta for everyone? So far since joining public beta 5 it's been very stable with a few bugs here and there. Hope it keeps on until release. So far I love iPadOS on my first gen iPad Pro 12'9

im super curious how iPad OS will run on my old air 2, but wife is making me wait til official release which is fair enough. I just can't believe that old thing is gunna run iPad OS.

Yesterday

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This new beta broke Chunky Comic Reader again :/
'hopefully the final update doesn't leave it busted