• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
I mean just because he is in that discord you don't have too be disappointed in him, he probably doesn't check it constantly and see the terrible stuff the devs say
yes it does? do not care about enablers. I'd agree that the way he acts and portrays himself on social media makes me believe he oesnt agree with any of whats said in that discord, but him being there still sucks.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
We deeply, and sincerely apologise for you being upset. We're sorry you all took what we said out of context. It was never our intention for you all to be mad at us. Our team is taking every measure to make sure no one gets mad at our views ever again, without changing them of course.
Oh, yeah. Those are always my #1 favorite. "We're sorry that you were offended."

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I used to browse the Duke4 forums a decade ago since I'm into the Duke/Doom modding community and TerminX was always a bigoted turd. When I saw years ago he was one of the leads in Ion Fury I knew he wouldn't be able to keep his mouth shut and stir shit up sooner or later.

From a thread back in 2011 about Duke Nukem Forever reviews:
[mod edit: decade-old forum posts aren't helpful for this discussion]

2011: Upset about gay people
2019: Upset about trans people

Nice progression.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
You gotta love how the people who think everyone else is so thin skinned are always the ones bitching endlessly about the "The SJWs" like it's a shadowy underground org hellbent on destroying video games. Like how do you type something like "the SJW concept" and take yourself seriously lmao. So insecure and so pathetic.

My favorite though is the guy saying "babes" aren't attracted to 'SJWs'. Surely crying with your boys in an internet chat room about how transgender people are bad or something is the true sign of an alpha male. How much you wanna bet this is the kind of guy who blames his dating failures on "chicks are all just out of control SJWs these days man"? And fucking lmao at even saying """babes"""". These people are a riot

What a buncha fuckin losers. Won't be getting my Soros bucks

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
Who is trying to decide if a baby is trans or not?
I don't even know if that's wrong maybe just weird.
It stems from false information about parents avoiding heavily gendering their child's outfits/belongings so they can make the choice themselves. Added onto that miss information, the alt-right heavily oppose young children choosing to go on hormones, and believe the parent is 'forcing' them

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I guess this isn't too surprising being from Duke Nukem creators, but I foolishly hoped maybe 20+ years since 3D maybe they had progressed a little. sigh, I was interested in this too.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
You gotta love how the people who think everyone else is so thin skinned are always the ones bitching endlessly about the "The SJWs" like it's a shadowy underground org hellbent on destroying video games. Like how do you type something like "the SJW concept" and take yourself seriously lmao. So insecure and so pathetic.

My favorite though is the guy saying "babes" aren't attracted to 'SJWs'. Surely crying with your boys in an internet chat room about how transgender people are bad or something is the true sign of an alpha male. How much you wanna bet this is the kind of guy who blames his dating failures on "chicks are all just out of control SJWs these days man"? And fucking lmao at even saying """babes"""". These people are a riot

What a buncha fuckin losers. Won't be getting my Soros bucks
Wait, you got your Soros check? Mine still hasn't come in yet and I've been doing this gig for ten years.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
yes it does? do not care about enablers. I'd agree that the way he acts and portrays himself on social media makes me believe he oesnt agree with any of whats said in that discord, but him being there still sucks.
How is he an enabler by being on that discord? Just by being there doesn't mean he's okay with the shit being said by the devs, discord servers are so big there's no way to see everything posted in them

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
Ugh this is like that thread from a week or two ago about your favorite Youtubers ending up being nazi's. Didn't know anything about the devs other than sweet its a retro build engine game. Bought the game 6+ months ago and played the early access content and now I wish I hadn't of spent money on it. :(

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Bummer. I was hyped for this and planned to get it once it hit Switch, but there are too many other amazing 90s-throwback shooters coming out for me to bother with this anymore. I'll take my money elsewhere.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
How is he an enabler by being on that discord? Just by being there doesn't mean he's okay with the shit being said by the devs, discord servers are so big there's no way to see everything posted in them
your scenario only works if he somehow never read any of these things. i'm not saying he's devil incarnate, nor that he's on the same level of these devs. all i said is that i'm disappointed.

to clarify: with the Ion Maiden devs, i feel deeply regretful that i bought their game, more so in a manner where i cant even refund it. with Oshry, i'm just disappointed.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
The flimsy catch all "it's stripped of the context!" doesn't really work when most of the screencaps include the preceding chat conversation. If that's the best defense available against receiving criticism for something you said, maybe look at what you said instead of blaming how it's being shared or how people are reading into it.

balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It stems from false information about parents avoiding heavily gendering their child's outfits/belongings so they can make the choice themselves.
Is that a problem? I mean, that's something I planned to do even before knowing about transgender people and their issues. Today I just have another reason for that. I always disliked the sexist stereotype we force on babies/young children. For example, piercing female babies ears but not the male ones. I mean, what's the problem of waiting for your child to choose to use or not an earring. Is that too difficult?

Last edited:

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
Well this "fucking nuts SJW" just took the game off my wishlist.

We'll see how the situation develops but fuck this look.

Game looks rad, but I have a long list of other shit to play.

Deleted member 4072

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone still willing to purchase a game from these people should be fucking ashamed of themselves. Absolute trash.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm glad I haven't bought the game yet, who wants to waste money on a PoS.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hendricks shared his thoughts (with the lead-in):

a19488f3-e87e-48a3-a1ikn5.jpeg

Edit: cont.

c47a31c7-a936-483e-apwjhh.jpeg

Twenty5Thousand
Lol "debate me"

Sorry clown shoes Niko

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
There have been fucking serial killers who expressed less hatred for women than some of these anti-SJW types.

Deleted member 40853

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
It's so hilarious to me how every time like CLOCKWORK these people jump directly to "Oh so now I'm not allowed to have an OPINION that's different from yours! If we lived in a civil society you would debate me!" and calling people getting angry at their public remarks a "harassment campaign". Truly a group of thick skinned alpha males. How do these people not realize how embarrassing they are

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Between "harassment campaigns" and "vile criminal masterminds" I think that guy might have a persecution complex....
That or hes just panicking because hes not used to having his bullshit out in the open and its directly affecting everyone involved.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
It's so hilarious to me how every time like CLOCKWORK these people jump directly to "Oh so now I'm not allowed to have an OPINION that's different from yours! If we lived in a civil society you would debate me!" and calling people getting angry at their public remarks a "harassment campaign". Truly a group of thick skinned alpha males. How do these people not realize how embarrassing they are
Maybe they shouldn't get mad about "SJWs" disagreeing with them, I mean it's just our opinion that their backwards ass opinions are garbage.
Did I do it right?

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Man for these bozos who act like ResetEra is too crazy and that Era should mellow out and be "chill like them", they sure have a very strange obsession with everything that ResetEra does.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Anyone still willing to purchase a game from these people should be fucking ashamed of themselves. Absolute trash.
Full respect to anyone who sees this and decides to put their money elsewhere (I had no plans to purchase anyway and certainly won't now but that's an extremely easy call for me to make) but I really don't like this culture of painting the consumer as the villain and treating them like they're bad people. If you start calling those people trash and telling them they should be ashamed of themselves they're probably more likely to start empathizing with the actual villains in this scenario - the people spouting this shit.

It would be one thing for someone to see this and be like "Hell ye f them SJWs im buying ur game!1", fuck that kind of person. But I'm not going to shit on someone who winds up making a purchase or doesn't look for a refund in spite of this.

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That last quote by the dev not getting that Women are not objects holy fuuuuuck how can someone as fucking dumb as him get this far without getting his head stuck in a toilet for life

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Full respect to anyone who sees this and decides to put their money elsewhere (I had no plans to purchase anyway and certainly won't now but that's an extremely easy call for me to make) but I really don't like this culture of painting the consumer as the villain and treating them like they're bad people. If you start calling those people trash and telling them they should be ashamed of themselves they're probably more likely to start empathizing with the actual villains in this scenario - the people spouting this shit.

It would be one thing for someone to see this and be like "Hell ye f them SJWs im buying ur game!1", fuck that kind of person. But I'm not going to shit on someone who winds up making a purchase or doesn't look for a refund in spite of this.
Especially when you consider that maybe there are a bunch of devs working there who made this game to make a living and just so happen to have shitty coworkers.

What's being said in that chat is gross but I don't really understand why we need to paint the whole dev studio has transphobic. Unless I'm missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.