• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
With regards to educating people, I'd like to point out that you can only claim to be ignorant once. After something's explained to you, you can ask more details, but the moment you go "but what about" you're showing that you're actually entrenched in a position.

As such, it's prudent - difficult, perhaps, and especially so for someone who has an emotional investment in the issue, but prudent nonetheless - to make one effort to try to inform someone. But past that point, it's up to the other party to decide if they want to accept the information given or if they would prefer to dig in their heels.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
This is really disappointing I bought this game when it was early access around when it first released so I can't get a refund, but I won't buy their games anymore if this is the stance they are taking. How hard is it to just not be shitty?

Deleted member 56909

User requested account closure
Banned
May 21, 2019
underwater
I've tried but I've given up on them, they always treat me like an idiot so I don't engage with them more than necessary. I would say my parents have a similar attitude of rights but then again with them believing homosexuals and trans are naturally more violent, I have my doubts. No fooling they're and a good chuck of my family are not happy of the aesthetics choices I make of how I present myself to the world, and they already give me crap on things I have no control over so I don't want to know how they'd treat me if I was something they are bigoted against, so also glad like you.
Oh my mom's still in semi denial and she's still stuck thinking that it's ok to use my old nicknames and male identity she still attempts to call me her son when I don't even look like a dude anymore lol.
That's literally what that conversation was. The developer spewed transphobic points at them (the trans member) while another member belittled and insulted them, alongside advocating for beating children. Then the developer nodded to vaccines causing autism and said they aren't surprised that trans people 'off themselves' after surgery.

Full thing below:
I have no words... Guess I'm stuck living my life with a Target on my back because of these kinds of ignorant people it hurts...

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Oh my mom's still in semi denial and she's still stuck thinking that it's ok to use my old nicknames and male identity she still attempts to call me her son when I don't even look like a dude anymore lol.

I have no words... Guess I'm stuck living my life with a Target on my back because of these kinds of ignorant people it hurts...
Sorry to hear, it's pretty rough.

Last edited:

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Actually managed to get a refund on this despite having it since it debuted in EA. Had to submit an actual ticket but they did end up refunding me.

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific NW
User Banned (1 Month): Concern Trolling and Misrepresenting Other Users Over Multiple Posts in this Thread; Prior Severe Ban For Inflammatory False Equivalences Surrounding Race and Gender
I love the game but these devs can go fuck themselves, I wish people could just be decent.

Sigh... Normally, I steer clear of borderline non-gaming topics like this, but... you are wishing people could be decent while telling some other humans to "go fuck themselves" in the same breath. Please have some self-awareness and try to be more decent, in general.

I don't mean to just call you out; it's rampant pretty much everywhere online and is a bit exhausting

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Sigh... Normally, I steer clear of borderline non-gaming topics like this, but... you are wishing people could be decent while telling some other humans to "go fuck themselves" in the same breath. Please have some self-awareness and try to be more decent, in general.

I don't mean to just call you out; it's rampant pretty much everywhere online and is a bit exhausting

"Go fuck yourself" is incredibly mild compared to actual bigotry and it's hilarious that you think those are even comparable when it comes to "being decent"

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Him treating them like lovely people won't stop them acting like shit bags. It would embolden them so treat them as they treat others. Fuck them

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

glnzmbw2uqg21.jpg

Nov 2, 2017

Telling bigots to fuck off is entirely acceptable. Your tone policing bullshit is not a useful contribution to this conversation.

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately

really, dude?

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah sorry I forgot to finish my thought I edited the post. That said thankyou and yeah being yourself is rough I'm just greatful I have so many other people who can support me even if my loved ones are still stuck or learning to a degree.
Yeah I figured it was something like that. Still though even worse than I thought the denial was going to be. I truly am sorry you are having to go through that experience, no one ever should.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Honestly, people shouldn't bother replying to those who are either here to troll or so profoundly stupid that they truly believe what they are saying.

They're likely just trying to get a rise out of you, and on the off chance they're not they're almost certainly so far from reasonable that there's no progress to be made there.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying they are comparable. I'm saying if I tell someone to "go fuck themselves," I'm not being decent, and we are sorely missing decency in many of our conversations online.

The problem here is that you are making a huge assumption that they other party has good intentions. This is tone policing. You asking someone to be decent, when another group is telling them they shouldn't exist. It doesn't work. Take that shit elsewhere.

There are tons of other reports, op eds, research in to how a call for decency or civility is merely just a mask to make one side, the shitty side feel better.

Decency ended when the devs started saying the shit they did and linking the shit they did.

People can and will be decent when met with decency and sincerity, but that's not how this started.

If someone starts with a dishonest question, then dismisses experiences and evidence to the contrary of their false opinion, and then is dimissive and willfully ignorant, there is nothing indecent on telling them to go fuck themselves. We have already crossed the tracks way past 'decency'

Last edited:

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Telling someone to masturbate is nothing compared to bigotry.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017

What a load of shit. Don't tone police people who have very legitimate reasons for being frustrated and upset.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018

This is some deep level satire right?

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

Sigh....

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Damn, was really looking forward to the Switch version, but that's unacceptable.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to point out that Kagoshima_Luke was previously banned for going into a thread about a woman being harassed and saying that we should treat "all men are trash" from her as equivalent to "all women are trash" from someone else (who isn't explicitly being harassed).

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017

head off and self-copulate, my good friend.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017

You should continue to stay clear from topic like this one if this is the best you can say.

Oct 27, 2017
Only reason I didn't buy this game is because they delayed the release of the MacOS version. Pretty glad that happened now. I shan't be purchasing the game anymore. I won't abide transphobia at all, the rest of the idiotic stuff since and their response is just the icing on the cake.

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific NW
It shouldn't be on the shoulders the targets of indecency and intolerance to be decent to those people

Yeah... it sucks and is hard, but I ultimately feel it's best to take the high road. Instead of posting hate or venom, just ask for a refund for the game, or don't buy it if you haven't already (many have taken this road in this thread). Posting hatred, harassing, etc just perpetuates the hate cycle which is endlessly churning online.

That's really all I wanted to point out. Sorry to have offended or riled so many - it truly wasn't my intention.

giphy.gif

Deleted member 34169

Nov 23, 2017
Seems like it, doesn't absolve them of anything though. Not accusing you of doing so though.
Oh no, not absolving them at all. It just seems from that convo anyway that they are ill informed and living in a bubble. To be honest I see way worse on my Facebook feed every day from idiotic family members who believe everything Fox News tells them.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah... it sucks and is hard, but I ultimately feel it's best to take the high road. Instead of posting hate or venom, just ask for a refund for the game, or don't buy it if you haven't already (many have taken this road in this thread). Posting hatred, harassing, etc just perpetuates the hate cycle which is endlessly churning online.

That's really all I wanted to point out. Sorry to have offended or riled so many - it truly wasn't my intention.

giphy.gif
Nobody is harrassing anybody.

We are however raising awareness against this particular developer because many people wouldn't want to support people as hateful as the assholes posting transphobic bullshit.

Deleted member 3294

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif
Lol what is this horseshoe theory bullshit.

There is no hate cycle caused by people being mad at bigots. Not like anyone here is harassing the devs either.

Oct 25, 2017

Piss off

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017

giphy.gif
48b.jpg

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The amount of "calling out bigots makes you as bad or worse than them" in this thread is wild and peak privilege

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019

B O T H S I D E S

Kilic95

Oct 25, 2017
Chireiden

Please direct yourself towards the nearest exit.

Preferably the Log Out button.

ManixMiner

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
The Un-united Kingdom
User banned (permanent): account self-destruction
The ResetEra police is in full force I see. What a sad and dystopian place this forum has become, It is only good for leaks.

You had/have literal pedos in here and you criticize others for having different opinions that do not hurt anybody directly.

I know this place has fallen so much it's become a Marxist echo chamber. They've defended pedo's masquerading as trans, defended Antifar and only care about outrage.

I don't give a fuck about somebody's feelings trans or not and fuck off with this give up my liberty's just so I can't offend anyone, or heaven help me I assume somebody's gender.

I often imagine that reset is like that DSA conference where the guy dressed like a superhero goes nuts because someone used gendered language OMG how fucking dare someone the word He/She.

Get a fucking life you bunch of SJW's.

#trump2020
#getfukdera
#brexit forever

Btw the devs were right. Look at u all circle jerking with your hate boners haha this place is fucking stupid

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know this place has fallen so much it's become a Marxist echo chamber. They've defended pedo's masquerading as trans, defended Antifar and only care about outrage.

I don't give a fuck about somebody's feelings trans or not and fuck off with this give up my liberty's just so I can't offend anyone, or heaven help me I assume somebody's gender.

I often imagine that reset is like that DSA conference where the guy dressed like a superhero goes nuts because someone used gendered language OMG how fucking dare someone the word He/She.

#trump2020
#getfukdera
#brexit forever
you're not even American you loser lol

No one will remember you

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017

#trump2020
#getfukdera
#brexit forever
Got tired of getting dunked on in the Brexit threads, uh?

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

#trump2020
#getfukdera
#brexit forever

Btw the devs were right. Look at u all circle jerking with your hate boners haha this place is fucking stupid
At least ask for a ban using funnier material.

PS the devs are assholes and I say that as someone who likes the game

PPS "SJW's" is possessive not plural, fix that shit

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017

#trump2020
#getfukdera
#brexit forever

was it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.