• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mideon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Ok so they said some things that are offensive. That's wrong I don't agree with saying things that upset or offend anyone. The quality of the game is not affected by this though so I think commenting on the game based on this is a but overdramatic. Ok you don't want to buy the game but you go to the gas station or Walmart and buy things and don't think about the shitty people that run those places but these guys make a few comments and it's the end of the world. Come on man.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Ok so they said some things that are offensive. That's wrong I don't agree with saying things that upset or offend anyone. The quality of the game is not affected by this though so I think commenting on the game based on this is a but overdramatic. Ok you don't want to buy the game but you go to the gas station or Walmart and buy things and don't think about the shitty people that run those places but these guys make a few comments and it's the end of the world. Come on man.

mister-gotcha-4-9faefa.png

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
nice try.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia

Gaming is like

a luxury

I can afford to, hang on now brace yourself for this one

not invest my luxuries into shitheads ESPECIALLY in the realm of fucking independent game developers lmfaoooooooooo, you sincerely believe you had shit figured out with this comment

I would assume at the very least that petrol is a necessity in most countries but best believe if I could avoid investing into shitty conglomerates I really, really would. if the country I lived in made it feasible to do so

man get ya "BUT YOU'RE IN SOCIETY" muckmouthed ass outta here, go drink some water

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
If I went to the local gas station and heard an employee say a transphobic comment and the owner laughed I might think twice about going there again. If I went back and heard the owner laughing about it again I might think it worth the extra 3m drive to the next one.

Except this isn't even a three minute drive, it's just buying one of the hundreds of other great games on the market.

Mideon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If I went to the local gas station and heard an employee say a transphobic comment and the owner laughed I might think twice about going there again. If I went back and heard the owner laughing about it again I might think it worth the extra 3m drive to the next one.

Except this isn't a three minute drive, it's just buying one of the hundreds of other great games on the market.
People enjoyed the game before this is the point I'm trying to make. Now the game is trash?! Come on now reality check it's still the same game.

To put my point into perspective. I like wrestling hence my name on here. Chris Benoit did a horrible thing killing his family we all know the details. When I heard what he did not once did I think well all the matches I watched before he did this that I thought were amazing are now instantly crap.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
  • Open mouth
  • Insert foot

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's a common meme, plenty of people don't know that it's ableist though. I didn't know for sure that it was until way after I first saw it, and I've had to explain to people that it's ableist before.

Crowne Prince of Scribble Kibble caught me off-guard doing the "joke" in a video: https://youtu.be/tWExROgUkwE

When I posted about it, Crowne said "It's fun to Ree! Fun sound to make." And of course a few people jumped in afterward with "YEAH IT'S JUST A FUN SOUND". And then they winked so loudly it caused hearing damage.

It can be really hard to tell who's doing it out of ignorance, and who's feigning ignorance, sometimes. Crowne may not have known, but they didn't reply any further, and they certainly didn't edit and repost the video (which itself was kind of dodgy, for different reasons).

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
People enjoyed the game before this is the point I'm trying to make. Now the game is trash?! Come on now reality check it's still the same game.

No one is bullying your game, stop crying

it's still the same game made by some shitheads so if you can somehow fix that for me, Silky, then maybe I'll wait for a deep ass sale before I invest into it

But I promise you, from the bottom of my heart, no one in this forum is bullying your special game lmfao

Oct 27, 2017
What's fucking aggravating and funny at the same time is how people like this cry about folks uniting and getting up in arms online to make themselves feel better and yet have no self-awareness that they themselves are joining in on "sjw" bashing to make themselves fit in and feel tougher in front of their shitty opinion peers they feel insecure around.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

"I don't care about transphobia or people literally blaming their shitty behavior on Autism as they frantically try and erase evidence, evidence already collected, that proves they're full of shit.

I just want to play the video game".

If you don't care, just say you don't care. Don't try to absolve yourself from the guilt of buying a video game made and supported by bigots by doing the mental gymnastics of "there's no ethical consumption under capitalism".

After all of the evidence shown in this thread, they don't deserve my money. Straight up.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Wish I hadn't watched the glowing impressions Digital Foundry video on this game. The game seems to be genuinely great but these devs' behaviour is appalling.

Backlog just got -1 game.
Yeah, part of me wishes DF would take their glowing videos on this game down as it's just free advertising for these creeps, but I know that's unrealistic.

grunkleFungus

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
NC, US
If people like the game it doesn't reflect badly on them. The issue is when you bust into a thread where people are angry with the devs being right wing idiots with the ice cold take of "but you have an iPhone?"

Mideon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory false equivalence concerning bigotry. Account in junior phase.
44 posts since October 2017, wonder whose alt you are.
Yet you are seemingly insulting me for expressing my opinion. I'm not alt joker. This is my one and only account on here and everywhere else. You are just as bad as them insulting me for having a differing opinion than your own. God forbid

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017

Mideon it's okay if you still want to play Ion Fury but please respect people's decision to not buy products made by people who they disagree with.
I feel like this should be a pinned post on any thread like this.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
Yet you are seemingly insulting me for expressing my opinion. I'm not alt joker. This is my one and only account on here and everywhere else. You are just as bad as them insulting me for having a differing opinion than your own. God forbid
and the mask falls. being transphobic and throwing autists under the bus as an excuse are not valid opinions. hate isn't a valid opinion.
"you accusing me is the same as being hateful, gotcha", lol, get over yourself.

Mideon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
"I don't care about transphobia or people literally blaming their shitty behavior on Autism as they frantically try and erase evidence, evidence already collected, that proves they're full of shit.

I just want to play the video game".

If you don't care, just say you don't care. Don't try to absolve yourself from the guilt of buying a video game made and supported by bigots by doing the mental gymnastics of "there's no ethical consumption under capitalism".

After all of the evidence shown in this thread, they don't deserve my money. Straight up.
I don't even own the game. I have no guilt. What are you on about? You are judging me and have to put me in my own little space in your head so you think you can understand what type of person I am from a forum post. Good job buddy.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

To put my point into perspective. I like wrestling hence my name on here. Chris Benoit did a horrible thing killing his family we all know the details. When I heard what he did not once did I think well all the matches I watched before he did this that I thought were amazing are now instantly crap.
You're being intentionally "just asking questions " levels of dense.

Is Ion Fury a good game? That seems to be the consensus.
Will my support or lack of change their views in any way? Doubtful.
Will giving them money finance their ability to be shitty in higher visibility ways? Yes.
Should I reward them for that with money? No.

That's where people are with this.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

Can you quote the sizeable chunk of this thread that's saying the game is now bad? Since you seem intent on not actually continuing on from what you were saying previously.

Mideon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
and the mask falls. being transphobic and throwing autists under the bus as an excuse are not valid opinions. hate isn't a valid opinion.
"you accusing me is the same as being hateful, gotcha", lol, get over yourself.
What mask. Read your post back. What the hell are you even on about? I never said I support these guys I don't. If you actually read the part where I said I don't agree with that you would have seen that instead of getting enraged by my opinion.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
What mask. Read your post back. What the hell are you even on about? I never said I support these guys I don't. If you actually read the part where I said I don't agree with that you would have seen that instead of getting enraged by my opinion.
you say you don't support them, yet here you are, doing exactly that. nobody said the game is shit. they just don't want to consume something done by shitty people, but no, people wanting to do that are at the same level of hateful devs, as you have said. Nice try saying i'm enraged to dispel criticism to your ridiculous post tho.

Jun 26, 2018

I don't think anyone is enraged by your opinion, it's just exceedingly bad. Like galaxy brain bad.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

Your opinion is that we're hypocrites because we choose to not give a company who's proven themselves to be transphobic our money, whilst also spending money with other companies who may or may not also have participated in bad behavior. It's literally, "there's no ethical consumption under capitalism". It's the same argument people bring up all the time when they want to ignore the actual issues at hand by saying, "Everyone's bad, so it doesn't matter." It's a BS argument intended to shut down discussion, one commonly used to shut up marginalized people and it shows a tremendous misunderstanding of how civil protest and common decency work.

But whatever man, keep making this about you.

The fact that you're interpreting people responding to you as being enraged makes your position pretty clear.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017

No one is saying the game is bad people are saying they won't support it because of the hateful things the devs have said.

I think Michael Jackson's music is still amazing but I literally cannot listen to it anymore after seeing the recent documentary about him.

Art does not exist in a vacuum separate from those who create it. Acknowledge that and make a decsion as to where you want to buy it or not. Let others do the same.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Yeah most people who immediately revolve the discussion back to seeing their personal opinion being 'attacked' are usually shitheads so idk why you guys are still going on with that dude lmfao

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crowne Prince of Scribble Kibble caught me off-guard doing the "joke" in a video: https://youtu.be/tWExROgUkwE

When I posted about it, Crowne said "It's fun to Ree! Fun sound to make." And of course a few people jumped in afterward with "YEAH IT'S JUST A FUN SOUND". And then they winked so loudly it caused hearing damage.

It can be really hard to tell who's doing it out of ignorance, and who's feigning ignorance, sometimes. Crowne may not have known, but they didn't reply any further, and they certainly didn't edit and repost the video (which itself was kind of dodgy, for different reasons).
That video is already pretty suspect without that meme being referenced lol. But yeah it's definitely possible for people to feign interest, I don't see a reason to believe the Ooblets dev was doing that though.

Mideon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't think anyone is enraged by your opinion, it's just exceedingly bad. Like galaxy brain bad.
It's an opinion none the less so I would appreciate it if people didn't mock me or insult me just because I don't post frequently. I said my bit it's fine. The Devs should be more sensitive they fucked up. Take down the digital foundry article that mainly discusses the technical aspects of the game which have not changed by this discovery is a bit silly. Again they did wrong they shouldn't be rewarded for it if you know about this and buy the game then it's on you. Like I said I don't own the game I was planning to buy it on switch but may not now my choice if I do or not. End of the day like someone said above we are all gamers we should all stick together no matter what we share the greatest hobby in the world.

socksfelloff

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Dismissing concerns regarding transphobia, account in junior phase.
Of course this would already have more posts then the OT. I cannot believe this is how you guys spend your time. Get a life.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Of course this would already have more posts then the OT. I cannot believe this is how you guys spend your time. Get a life.
"YEAH! FUCK MARGINALIZED PEOPLE! THERE ARE VIDEO GAMES TO PLAY!"

Please.

Like honestly, granted, I just woke up a little while ago, but I'm skimming through the last 4 pages, has anyone actually said the game was bad?

Isn't the grand shame of all of this is that it's actually quite good and is smeared by the behavior of those behind it?

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
End of the day like someone said above we are all gamers we should all stick together no matter what we share the greatest hobby in the world.
Lol wut? Dismissing criticism of bigotry with galaxybrain hot takes, and then posting this garbage? Come the fuck on man, this is super transparent.

Mideon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Lol wut? Dismissing criticism of bigotry with galaxybrain hot takes, and then posting this garbage? Come the fuck on man, this is super transparent.
Right this is not getting through so for the last time. I do not agree with what they said. I understand why people are upset. I have never criticised anyone for being upset with what the Devs said. I bought up a point that some people saying the game is now trash because of this is ridiculous to me. I do not side with the Dev I'm not trying to stuck up for the Devs but because I'm not shitting all over everything associated with them I'm wrong. Ok

Elohim99

Banned
Jan 2, 2019
User Banned (permanent): troll account
The ResetEra police is in full force I see. What a sad and dystopian place this forum has become, It is only good for leaks.

You had/have literal pedos in here and you criticize others for having different opinions that do not hurt anybody directly.

Narpas Sword0

Oct 28, 2017
E

Exactly mocking me for my opinion. It's like I'm not allowed one right?

Not all opinions are created equal.

Horse isnt even consistent. Why do "gamers" need to unite to play this game even as the developers divide and exclude trans gamers? Why don't you unite in solidarity with trans gamers?

Also who the fuck cares about hobby solidarity lol. Should all golfers support trump?

Status
Not open for further replies.