• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Devil

Oct 29, 2017
SJW's from ResetERA are supposedly the ones harassing devs, but hundreds of brigaded reviews and the devs having to lock down their Discord only happens after the alt-right are the outraged ones 🤔🤔🤔
"Don't let these people harass you, if you don't heed my warning I'll use harassment to teach you."

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
What's funny is that if the few devs that did this knew to behave and weren't shitheads, none of this would've happened. Everyone would be just talking about how good the game is.

But we just HAD to point out said behavior right?

Guys, are we the baddies?

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, I am for closing this thread as well. If you search hard enough, you will always find bigots bickering about us. There is no need to give them the attention they so crave.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ERA members discussing wether or not Death Stranding is a PS4 exclusive (colorized, circa everyday)

EASTER-MESSAGE-03144N3-1024x597.gif
You know what gets me about this picture? They put on spooky masks and yet somehow goofy ass "Josh" and "Todd" comes through. They can't mask their goofiness.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I don't understand why these people are mad that money was donated to charity. How much of a cretin do you have to be to harbor resentment because they made a donation that could affect people's lives?Oh yeah, they don't see trans people as "people".

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why these people are mad that money was donated to charity. How much of a cretin do you have to be to harbor resentment because they made a donation that could affect people's lives?Oh yeah, they don't see trans people as "people".
The logic is:
  1. This isn't wrong
  2. If it isn't wrong, why are they apologizing?
  3. Are we the baddies?
  4. No, it's the liberals fault once again
  5. *procede to have a temper tantrum all over the place*

Jun 26, 2018
I'd like to say a thank you to Game of Thrones for making "bend the knee" their new favourite catchphrase, makes them seem like people from the dark ages (where they belong)

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
I've seen more than a few saying that we're taking the devs hard earned money away lol

Deleted member 52065

Jan 16, 2019
Even beyond the issues surrounding this game, calling people social justice warriors as an insult is bizarre and sad. Why would fighting for social justice and equality be an negative thing.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Even beyond the issues surrounding this game, calling people social justice warriors as an insult is bizarre and sad. Why would fighting for social justice and equality be an negative thing.
Because they actually believe people who want to do the right thing have an ulterior motive.

They can't fathom people not wanting anything in return for doing good things because they'd never do it themselves.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
I love the copy-paste negative reviews. Apparently none of us play games, despite hanging out at a gaming website. Who knew?

XBlade

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah none of us play games, even though some of the offensive stuff posted in here was found playing the game. Truly the most logical thinkers...LMFAO

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Should we start flying the flag of Outer Heaven?
425742_1.jpg

Cause apparently we are terrorists now.
FpQMW4z.png

I'm down. Where's my flag?

Just do what I do and wear that nonsense with pride; after all, what higher complement could there be than fighting for others' rights?

Jun 26, 2018
As they do. I see. Well I assume the statement is a nothing burger and nobody has been fired? Sensitivity training sounds like crap to me, is it really gonna change someone's personal core belief system?

I wouldn't put much faith in it either, but 3DRealms (I think, or is it the devs themselves, it's honestly a little muddled at this point) has promised a zero tolerance policy going forward, so that's something.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What's funny is that if the few devs that did this knew to behave and weren't shitheads, none of this would've happened. Everyone would be just talking about how good the game is.

But we just HAD to point out said behavior right?

Guys, are we the baddies?
It's not even about not being shit heads. I work in an industry full of hardcore trump supporters. Knowing that you have to keep shit professional is the reason you stfu and don't engage or say anything too controversial since you are there representing your workspace and future work. My company tells you from day zero to not post anything controversial at the risk of losing your job because you are a public face for them.

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
I wouldn't put much faith in it either, but 3DRealms (I think, or is it the devs themselves, it's honestly a little muddled at this point) has promised a zero tolerance policy going forward, so that's something.
It's easy to write that in a statement. Something else to actually go through with it. And again something else to actually see results:) I'll believe it when I see it I guess. Thanks for the friendly response, I don't engage in discussions very often these days.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
As they do. I see. Well I assume the statement is a nothing burger and nobody has been fired? Sensitivity training sounds like crap to me, is it really gonna change someone's personal core belief system?
I would hope seeing the way these manbabies act toward them would change a person's beliefs.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
It's easy to write that in a statement. Something else to actually go through with it. And again something else to actually see results:) I'll believe it when I see it I guess. Thanks for the friendly response, I don't engage in discussions very often these days.

Well they're also donating money to a very good charity that helps LGBT youths so that is a tangible benefit if you're looking for one. 3DRealms response to this is probably the best I've seen from a game company in this situation.

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda wish there was something we could do to offset the amount of harassment 3DR is now getting for doing the right thing. The Steam forums are just filled at this point with garbage, and somebody said they had to shut off or close their Discord. That's actually nuts, and I worry that it's kind of punishing them for doing the right thing.

The cold hard reality is that they probably didn't realize that they had cultivated a community like this. You just go on, make games, and entertain people, but you don't prod your community enough to know, exactly, how they might respond to something like this. Then you do the right thing thinking "Yeah, some people are going to be mad, but not very many" and it turns out a reasonably large portion of their community thinks this move is tyrannical censorship.

I genuinely feel bad for 3DR/VP at this point. They did a really shitty thing, but they apologized and at least are trying to get on the road to making it right, and their reward? To be cannibalized by their own community. It would be easy to say "Hah, well, that's what you get!", and there's a nugget of truth in that, but it sucks that the result of all this might actually teach them the wrong lesson. The people on Steam who are trying to cut through the bullshit and point out that Ion Fury is a dope game with or without a soap bottle texture are getting shouted down pretty hard.

I mean, I'm sure the game is selling extremely well; but I feel like the real news story now is "Developer tries to make right; gets attacked by their own community" and should be picked up by newswires. The support shouldn't end when you do the right thing, it should begin.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
I kinda wish there was something we could do to offset the amount of harassment 3DR is now getting for doing the right thing. The Steam forums are just filled at this point with garbage, and somebody said they had to shut off or close their Discord. That's actually nuts, and I worry that it's kind of punishing them for doing the right thing.

The cold hard reality is that they probably didn't realize that they had cultivated a community like this. You just go on, make games, and entertain people, but you don't prod your community enough to know, exactly, how they might respond to something like this. Then you do the right thing thinking "Yeah, some people are going to be mad, but not very many" and it turns out a reasonably large portion of their community thinks this move is tyrannical censorship.

I genuinely feel bad for 3DR/VP at this point. They did a really shitty thing, but they apologized and at least are trying to get on the road to making it right, and their reward? To be cannibalized by their own community. It would be easy to say "Hah, well, that's what you get!", and there's a nugget of truth in that, but it sucks that the result of all this might actually teach them the wrong lesson. The people on Steam who are trying to cut through the bullshit and point out that Ion Fury is a dope game with or without a soap bottle texture are getting shouted down pretty hard.

I mean, I'm sure the game is selling extremely well; but I feel like the real news story now is "Developer tries to make right; gets attacked by their own community" and should be picked up by newswires. The support shouldn't end when you do the right thing, it should begin.
It shouldn't be on us to defend them from the people they decided to pander to and the culture they cultivated.

There are devs and games that never once pulled the shit this team did, and I'd rather spend energy on them.

It sucks that they're being attacked, but there are people out there being attacked that aren't trying to cover their asses and they deserve support far more than the people who's support of LGBT communities came in the form of a PR apology.

If they're actually worth any support we could give them, they wouldn't cave to these temper tantrums anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
It shouldn't be on us to defend them from the people they decided to pander to and the culture they cultivated.

I get entirely what you're saying, and under other circumstances, I think I'd agree. But I think it's the most uncharitable reading of this particular situation: no developer to my knowledge has ever come out with such a strong statement in lieu of a controversy like this, and I think it's a pretty admirable thing to do. They didn't BS on their apology, cutting straight to the truth about the language used in the game. They promised steps to improve their game by removing the offending content, change their contract, enforce training on their workers, and to top it all off, they donated 10k of the earned money to a charity for LGBTQ people. That's a *strong as fuck* statement, and were the statement *any* less than that, I'd be agreeing with you entirely right now.

And look, for what it's worth, I don't think they'll cave. I think this is a moment where they are learning the hard way that they don't want to surround themselves with that type of community.

But I do wish given their response and what is going on we could go just a little further in our support. If only because their messaging was so strong on the issue.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
I get entirely what you're saying, and under other circumstances, I think I'd agree. But I think it's the most uncharitable reading of this particular situation: no developer to my knowledge has ever come out with such a strong statement in lieu of a controversy like this, and I think it's a pretty admirable thing to do. They didn't BS on their apology, cutting straight to the truth about the language used in the game. They promised steps to improve their game by removing the offending content, change their contract, enforce training on their workers, and to top it all off, they donated 10k of the earned money to a charity for LGBTQ people. That's a *strong as fuck* statement, and were the statement *any* less than that, I'd be agreeing with you entirely right now.

And look, for what it's worth, I don't think they'll cave. I think this is a moment where they are learning the hard way that they don't want to surround themselves with that type of community.

But I do wish given their response and what is going on we could go just a little further in our support. If only because their messaging was so strong on the issue.
My sticking point is that no matter how strong the statement is, it's still miles below anyone that didn't need the PR move.

I don't reward people for managing to not say bigoted shit, so I just don't feel I should reward people who fuck up and try to make things right afterwards. You shouldn't be rewarded for basic human decency, and that decency shouldn't really be treated as especially admirable just because it was preceded by a lack thereof.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
My sticking point is that no matter how strong the statement is, it's still miles below anyone that didn't need the PR move.

I don't reward people for managing to not say bigoted shit, so I just don't feel I should reward people who fuck up and try to make things right afterwards. You shouldn't be rewarded for basic human decency, and that decency shouldn't really be treated as especially admirable just because it was preceded by a lack thereof.

So in your mind, there is absolutely no path to redemption?

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if nothing else it teaches them that it's not worth putting that shit in the game or community to begin with. Nobody would've said or done anything for or against their game if they just hadn't done it in the first place.

These losers harassing them don't like suddenly NOT buy a game if it doesn't have an ogay joke from the jump, they're absolutely not decent people but they don't shun games for having decency - they shun them for daring to change to decency.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Now we have people on the Steam forum saying that they don't like that the the publisher donated to a cause they "don't believe in". I asked if they support people killing themselves, and I got non-answers and attacks before the thread got deleted.

Anton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Posting Unsubstantiated Information in a Sensitive Thread
Just an update to this, Terminx has been removed from the Duke4 discord following some protracted issues between him and Hendricks wherein Terminx tried to fire him because Terminx didn't want to own up to being a dickhead and claimed Hendricks "destroyed the company" by making the apology

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just an update to this, Terminx has been removed from the Duke4 discord following some protracted issues between him and Hendricks wherein Terminx tried to fire him because Terminx didn't want to own up to being a dickhead and claimed Hendricks "destroyed the company" by making the apology
This should probably be threadmarked.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got logs/screencaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.