• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Lay-offs at Game Informer...
Imran Thank you again for what you did here. Hope you land on your feet.
2f0.gif

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Fuck yeah, always wondered what it would be like to be a terrorist. I hope at least I'm a cool terrorist, like Avalanche in FF7.

Incel culture is more about entitlement, misogyny, toxic masculinity, controlling women and hate than sex or romance. Those are typically the people that play up the censorship angle when women are clothed in a game. They engage in similar behavior to what we see here.
Ah, I see. That's pretty grim. Thanks for the clarification.
Just to add on to this here, there is actually an extraordinarily large overlap in userbase between the incel community and other communities like red pill, PUA (pick-up artist), and MGTOW (men going their own way). They may seem incompatible, and they are, but the common theme is misogyny. It makes a lot more sense when you realize that most of the users in the TRP, PUA, and MGTOW are actually incels, but use those community sites as outlets to share their fantasies of being an "alpha male." These users will post on r/braincels about how supremely unfuckable they are because women are all bitches and whores... and then head on over to r/redpill to make a post about how they totally had sex with like 10 teenage girls this weekend, and also they're sexually grooming their own teenage daughter so she doesn't turn into such a slut. These losers just hate women and love to share their weird sex and humiliation fantasies with other losers. Bonus points if they self-identify as libertarian, because that most likely means that they want to make rape legal and abolish the age of consent.

So the reason why I'm generally OK with calling all misogynist and alt-righters incels is because... it's probably true.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The absolute normal one these alt-right shitbirds have had these past two days just goes to show that the reaction this forum and some twitter circles had over the initial screenshots and tweets can barely be considered toxic.

I hope after all this, other developers or publishers that fuck up like Voidpoint did don't get discouraged from owning up from their mistakes just because some whiny manchildren flood their forums with toxicity and reviewbomb their steam page.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
The absolute normal one these alt-right shitbirds have had these past two days just goes to show that the reaction this forum and some twitter circles had over the initial screenshots and tweets can barely be considered toxic.

I hope after all this, other developers or publishers that fuck up like Voidpoint did don't get discouraged from owning up from their mistakes just because some whiny manchildren flood their forums with toxicity and reviewbomb their steam page.
It'd be better if they just didn't do these weird things in the first place but ye

I don't see why the devs need to be THIS active with the community, it's kinda weird. Some of them are on for several hours a day

Oct 25, 2017
I've given this a long thought and I don't like that I, as a CIS man, am just as privileged as before but other people are a tiny bit better off now. Please stop, otherwise we will have to find a way to give me even more privileged to keep a level playing field.
And by level playing field I mean a vertical line

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Just to add on to this here, there is actually an extraordinarily large overlap in userbase between the incel community and other communities like red pill, PUA (pick-up artist), and MGTOW (men going their own way). They may seem incompatible, and they are, but the common theme is misogyny. It makes a lot more sense when you realize that most of the users in the TRP, PUA, and MGTOW are actually incels, but use those community sites as outlets to share their fantasies of being an "alpha male." These users will post on r/braincels about how supremely unfuckable they are because women are all bitches and whores... and then head on over to r/redpill to make a post about how they totally had sex with like 10 teenage girls this weekend, and also they're sexually grooming their own teenage daughter so she doesn't turn into such a slut. These losers just hate women and love to share their weird sex and humiliation fantasies with other losers. Bonus points if they self-identify as libertarian, because that most likely means that they want to make rape legal and abolish the age of consent.

So the reason why I'm generally OK with calling all misogynist and alt-righters incels is because... it's probably true.

Oh.

... I stand by my original assessment of "pretty grim".

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i guess we might as well buy an old platform in the middle of the ocean and start developing a nuke

Shitposts Sans Frontières

Jun 26, 2018
i guess we might as well buy an old platform in the middle of the ocean and start developing a nuke

Shitposts Sans Frontières

"I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea. I will always be with you. Plant your roots in me. I won't see you end as ashes. You're all diamonds."
- ResetEra terrorist Leader, Fat4all

Someone in that thread was arguing that no one should be allowed to edit his game that he paid money for, so no more patches that fix busted things then too xD

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Out of curiosity, who made the Game Informer statement? The CEO? CFO? I didn't see anyone credited. If it was the same people in Discord, they can stick that apology in their asses.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The tricky part is that video games companies have to be quite open, their employees reaching out to and engaging with the fans is wanted and needed but it demands a level of PR perfection and/or morales/attitudes in every employee that would make traditional companies shit their pants if they would have that same level of public scrutiny on them and any failure on any employee's part can mean total desaster for a years long product launch or even destroy the whole reputation in one swift incident.
Is it really tricky, though? PR perfection? Really? All that decent PR requires is for you to not be a piece of shit. That's literally all.

Why is it so difficult for people to live and exist while NOT being racist, a bigot, an antisemite, or homophobic (or otherwise a piece of hateful, spiteful trash)? To say nothing of actually forming up your lips or affixing your fingers to espouse such viewpoints in public, on social media on the record for anyone to see.

Why can't people just be fucking normal?

im installing a sauna on mother base asap
need to update that avatar with an eye patch, breh

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
Out of curiosity, who made the Game Informer statement? The CEO? CFO? I didn't see anyone credited. If it was the same people in Discord, they can stick that apology in their asses.
It was not someone from Voidpoint, the developers, but someone from 3D Realms, the publisher. They gave money to charity and forced the Voidpoint devs to do sensitivity training. A very good apology from the publisher if you would ask me.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
It was not someone from Voidpoint, the developers, but someone from 3D Realms, the publisher. They gave money to charity and forced the Voidpoint devs to do sensitivity training. A very good apology from the publisher if you would ask me.
It's a good apology, but remember that's the only thing they've done so far. The rest of your summary should be in the future tense.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
ah okay. In that case, yes it's good. Dad stepped in and put the foot down.

I was worried it was one of those devs, which would have made it very hollow indeed.

o7

WE ARE WITH YOU, SIR

FOR THE REVOLUTION

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The thing is, Steam reviews actually require having bought and played the game, so the review bombing on there either means a lot of people bought the game just to give it a negative review, or are really people who bought the game and then got pissed off because it was patched.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason so many of these negative reviews have comments disabled?

Is it that way by default or are these people so fragile that they're scared of internet comments that, according to them, don't matter?

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is, Steam reviews actually require having bought and played the game, so the review bombing on there either means a lot of people bought the game just to give it a negative review, or are really people who bought the game and then got pissed off because it was patched.
A lot of them buy the game, get a small amount of play time so they can write their shit and then refund.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I made the mistake of trying to engage with some of these people on the Steam forum. Not only are they terribly misinformed of the situation, their only way to communicate seems to be clenched teeth anger.

Last edited:

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
People are really tilted about the charity and sensitivity training. Seems to be the thing they keep parroting.

Particularly ironic. Hoping Voidpoint don't suffer consequences as you review bomb their game into oblivion and inflate and distort the issue way past the point of initial resolve

LOL that Brie Larson avatar. Like if you hate someone why would you have them as an avatar?

#mysteryoftheuniverse

Miscend

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ion Storm is from the same devs that made Duke Nukeem? I've never played the Duke Nukeem series apart from the N64 spin-off that was much more sanitised compared to the PC games. But didn't the original games have nudity and very dude bro not-politically correct humour?

grunkleFungus

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
NC, US
im installing a sauna on mother base asap

bless you big dog

On topic, seems like they don't realize most every group of any size has bad people in it. Newsflash, this website allows anyone with a non-free email to sign up. Thing is, we don't have boards dedicated to pedophilia like 8chan does. ResetERA possibly having pedophiles on the userlist is many degrees less harmful than a board dedicated to passing around tips on how to groom and molest children.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The right wing: "Fucking SJWs are harassing developers all the time and impeding free speech. They can't boycott stuff we like because we will support them"

Also the right: "How dare developers do anything we don't like, we're going to harass you into oblivion, boycott!"
Far right idiots were always the biggest projectors

ChemicalWorld

Dec 6, 2017
Ion Storm is from the same devs that made Duke Nukeem? I've never played the Duke Nukeem series apart from the N64 spin-off that was much more sanitised compared to the PC games. But didn't the original games have nudity and very dude bro not-politically correct humour?
Ion Fury is made by Voidpoint (a team made up Build engine modders) and published by 3D Realms. The game doesn't really have any crass humour, but it does share the awesome interactivity/level design of DN3D and the gunplay is just as much fun.

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
SJW's from ResetERA are supposedly the ones harassing devs, but hundreds of brigaded reviews and the devs having to lock down their Discord only happens after the alt-right are the outraged ones 🤔🤔🤔

Miscend

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ion Fury is made by Voidpoint (a team made up Build engine modders) and published by 3D Realms. The game doesn't really have any crass humour, but it does share the awesome interactivity/level design of DN3D and the gunplay is just as much fun.
Oh I see. Regardless this game seems a direct result of the very divided times we currently live in. The bigots have become emboldened and are thriving.

Status
Not open for further replies.