• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Metacritic also getting review bombed. This is pathetic.

Untitled.png
''You force your whole team to suffer.''

By following sensitivity training, to become eventual empathetic human beings?

The horror, the shock, how could a company show such oppression toward its employees. D:

Guy.brush

Oct 27, 2017
It must really, really suck to spend years of your creative juices to build something like this game, all signs pointing towards a stellar reception and good reviews. you hit release day and comments from 1,2 or more of your fellow employees on your discord completely hijack everything and turn it into a PR and probably personal nightmare.
The tricky part is that video games companies have to be quite open, their employees reaching out to and engaging with the fans is wanted and needed but it demands a level of PR perfection and/or morales/attitudes in every employee that would make traditional companies shit their pants if they would have that same level of public scrutiny on them and any failure on any employee's part can mean total desaster for a years long product launch or even destroy the whole reputation in one swift incident.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
"support feminazism and Islamic terrorism"

These people seriously just throw shit at walls don't they, good lord.
So many of these shitwits are using the phrase "bend the knee".

It's seriously pathetic that they can't think of anything else to say.
who would have expected that people who hate minorities also hate minorities

also, who would expect that nerds who hate minorities would also openly hate women

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Good on the devs (or publisher, whoever really) for apologising, doing something good and removing the in game instances of homophobia.

I'm shocked (ok, not shocked at all) that a bunch of whiny brats are review boming a game just because the publisher is taking action against trans and homophobia and that is apparently a bad thing.
No no no, you misunderstand.

Trans and homophobia is obviously bad. Obviously. Nobody is saying otherwise. Not a one. Nobody anywhere has, ever, said that.

What they're saying, you understand, is that it is just far worse for these devs to have removed a line of text and alter a texture slightly. I mean, come on, sure, bigotry is bad, but that's basically just facism. We all agree that people shouldn't be bigoted, but slight changes to textures? That's the real issue here.

(What are you betting the people equating this to facism are also in the "stop calling everyone nazis" camp?)

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
They've had to turn on phone verification on the discord because of all the people spamming them about "showing weakness" and "compromising their integrity"

Can't say I'm all that sorry since they still aren't really doing much about the negativity beyond a weak "can we stop this discussion now please"

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"support feminazism and Islamic terrorism"

These people seriously just throw shit at walls don't they, good lord.
''Can't support developers who support islamic terror, martian invasions, mitochondria gaining sentience and the blue man group!''

These people are, not surprisingly, seriously pathetic.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It's all a bit sad at this point, and you have some right-wing YouTuber grifter provocateurs stirring up folks, complaining about people being perpetually outraged, while that is their whole shtick, that is what they profit off of and what pays their bills. Like some of our community were put off by the developers using their platform to spread some bigotry (and make no mistake, the argument that the developer used is one made in bad faith to malign people who already have a tremendously rough go of it, which is why it's transphobic).

Like there was no harassment campaign, no harassment of the devs, no mass review bombing. There was some people expressing their concerns regarding bigotry, some of it was strongly worded or had a degree of hyperbole, but that should be a natural and human response to encountering bigotry, hatred, and other exclusionary behaviours.

These people who are attacking this studio, harassing the developer and publisher, review bombing the game and team for doing what is the right thing is just so sad, and makes me so ashamed of being a gamer. Challenging bigotry is not censorship. The behaviour of these folks is everything wrong with modern gaming, and they don't seem to realize they do everything they claim "SJW's" do.

Ruinedfuture

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
User Banned (permanent): Troll account
eveyone who agrees with the guy who wrote this are terrible people. U sjw fucks act accepting but u bully people into catering to ur idea of what everything should be. Keep ur fucking political views out of my games I don't give a shit what gender or Color u are I hate every single one who acts like a stupid fuck and bully's people for differing views or because something hurt ur feeling. I'm in high school and I never thought I u people were leading up to be my future. Oh, and that thing about deciding ur baby is trans the guy isn't transphobic he's a person with common sense that 1 you shouldn't force ur child to be something they aren't and 2 your kid should not pick what gender they are until there at in their teens

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017
eveyone who agrees with the guy who wrote this are terrible people. U sjw fucks act accepting but u bully people into catering to ur idea of what everything should be. Keep ur fucking political views out of my games I don't give a shit what gender or Color u are I hate every single one who acts like a stupid fuck and bully's people for differing views or because something hurt ur feeling. I'm in high school and I never thought I u people were leading up to be my future. Oh, and that thing about deciding ur baby is trans the guy isn't transphobic he's a person with common sense that 1 you shouldn't force ur child to be something they aren't and 2 your kid should not pick what gender they are until there at in their teens
Enjoy your ban asshole

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017

You mad bruh? Seeya.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Is this copypasta.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Now this is just kind of sad, but I guess there's still room to grow up.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe ATM some point people will realize that people deciding that their baby is trans at birth isn't an actual thing that happens and it's basically fearmongering in the same vein as "they'll turn the frogs gay"

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Been a long time since I have seen an epic gamer moment here

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Why do these people keep saying "bend the knee"? What is the subversion of this term for the alt-right or anti-"SJW"?
I assume it's a reference to Colin Kaepernick's protest of the US national anthem for its historic glorification of the murder of slaves.

EDIT: Although when I google it, the first thing I see is Game of Thrones.

Last edited:

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Glad to see Miles still being a fucking PoS and haven't changed one bit from 2014

I know this is a troll account but SIR THIS IS A WENDY'S!

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
From where the "Resetera is made of pedophiles" argument came from? I have seen it used by lots of gamergaters

Which is odd, considering that most of them are guys who probably masturbate with loli hentai

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
It must really, really suck to spend years of your creative juices to build something like this game, all signs pointing towards a stellar reception and good reviews. you hit release day and comments from 1,2 or more of your fellow employees on your discord completely hijack everything and turn it into a PR and probably personal nightmare.
The tricky part is that video games companies have to be quite open, their employees reaching out to and engaging with the fans is wanted and needed but it demands a level of PR perfection and/or morales/attitudes in every employee that would make traditional companies shit their pants if they would have that same level of public scrutiny on them and any failure on any employee's part can mean total desaster for a years long product launch or even destroy the whole reputation in one swift incident.

Well said

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County

Stay in school and pay attention.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
What's nice is that - assuming that ruinedfuture here isn't lying about being a high school - they've demonstrated why it's important to address issues like this. Because everything he said is something that's been parroted a million times already, much already seen in this thread in a screenshot or some other form, and so it's more than likely that a high schooler would have gotten it through some direct or indirect contact with some sort of radicalizing agent.

If we don't want more ruinedfutures we need to be vigilant.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
They care about the money, which is the same whether the audience is shitty or not. Same with CDPR, THQN, etc.

Hell, signal to the alt-right and you'll get people who'll buy the game with no intention of playing it just to OWN THE LIBS!!

Yep, that and all the people who'll go right back because of Spongebob nostalgia and, like, they apologized what more do you want

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I forgot I was still on the Ion Fury Facebook page, some of the incels on there have doubled down and started calling the devs "cucks" and promoting violence against LGBTQ people. Some of them posting are even from indie game dev studios themselves. Had to get off that page sharpish as it was getting too much.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
I hope if nothing else this demonstrates to Voidpoint how awful the community they were fostering is. It's an opportunity for reflection to see just how vile and hateful these people can be when they turn against you for the most minor perceived slight.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
You committed the ultimate cardinal sin, you got personal. You, as a team of SJWs trying to make the world worse, got personal. You got personal and decided to insult the alt-right, calling us "transphobes" and "bigots". Not a wise move.

We won't forget this. You've set a new tone for the kind of interaction we'll be having with you. It's a cold one. One where there aren't any illusions about the reality of the situation. Previous notions of "family" are dead. We are mere trolls to you, and that is obvious.

You have chosen to bring in a new era of hostility and bitterness. Well done. Great PR move.

Fixed that for you. If you are gonna suicide your account, at least be funny.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot I was still on the Ion Fury Facebook page, some of the incels on there have doubled down and started calling the devs "cucks" and promoting violence against LGBTQ people. Some of them posting are even from indie game dev studios themselves. Had to get off that page sharpish as it was getting too much.

If there are indie devs are promoting violence against LGBTQ people that sounds like something that should be made known?

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

Imagine being this fragile.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Why do these people keep saying "bend the knee"? What is the subversion of this term for the alt-right or anti-"SJW"?
It's from A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones, which has some unusual phrasing to add flavour to the world.

I presume these people think they sound intelligent and cultured saying it. Or maybe they're just trying to lure in people with familiar pop culture references?

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Between the user reviews on Steam and Metacritic, it should be blatantly obvious by now that "gamer culture" has been historically cultivated by developers as well as gaming outlets (remember that thread about gaming magazine covers from the 2000s?) over the years.

Now that technology and accessibility have rapidly expanded the medium into new demographics globally among the new consciousness comprising of diversity and fairness as well as depiction vs endorsements, the profiteers of cultural bigotry are sanitizing their image as fast possible, at least insofar as PR side is concerned. And yet the remnants of their degeneracy, including disseminating the notion that 'gaming' is the last safe space white men, will keep on haunting them for a long, long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.