• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Hitman is one of my favorite games of all time. I hope IOI get to do a bond game, they would kill it......silently.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather it be Bond inspired rather than straight up Bond, feels too limiting.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
A spy game in the style of Hitman would be very welcome, maybe I can stop wishing for Obsidian or Rockstar to do it.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
So ...

b07.jpg

PS: Note that actual stroke is not a laughing matter however. Learn the signs, including slurred speech, dilated unequal pupils, paralysis to one side and immediately call 911 or your nation's emergency equivalent.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been saying IOI should do Bond since 'Invitation to a Party' for H2:SA, but I don't think WB have any rights for the Bond property.

BlueJay

Oct 27, 2017
A Bond game by IOI is the kind of licensed game one can only dream of!

Keeping my expectations in check until announcement.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
I actually thought Remedy would be the perfect developer for Bond but this is obviously a perfect fit as well.

Kinda like wanting Sucker Punch to work on a Spider-Man game then finding out that Insomniac are working on it instead and being just as excited.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
First time.png

He usually does this.
You've got a bunch of developers and publishers sat around, excited to make a genuinely interesting reveal, and it's ruined in a fairly cowardly way 45 minutes prior by someone briefed on the project in confidence who wants to score social kudos.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
They're better than 1995 Rare?

It's kinda crazy to think we haven't actually really had a good bond game since then...and with Goldeneye aging horribly there's literally nothing to play these days that's bond related that's stood any sort of test if time...like...how is that even possible? It's James bond for Christ sake. It sounds like an IP that SHOULD be impossible to mess up.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It's kinda crazy to think we haven't actually really had a good bond game since then...and with Goldeneye aging horribly there's literally nothing to play these days that's bond related that's stood any sort of test if time...like...how is that even possible? It's James bond for Christ sake. It sounds like an IP that SHOULD be impossible to mess up.
Yeah I'm excited about the prospect of a good 007 game. But I really don't enjoy stealth gameplay, so obviously I'm a bit concerned with IO at the helm.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
You've got a bunch of developers and publishers sat around, excited to make a genuinely interesting reveal, and it's ruined in a fairly cowardly way 45 minutes prior by someone briefed on the project in confidence who wants to score social kudos.

Developers don't organize Marketing reveals.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised that IOI is going for another IP they don't fully own.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

The_World_Is_Not_Enough_Coverart.png

Underrated gem.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Do you think the hundreds of people working on AAA games *enjoy* being NDA'd for 5 years at a time about their work?
I think if it's a matter of having a cool surprise reveal at 3pm, or having someone ruin the surprise 45 minutes earlier they'd probably rather wait.

Your viewpoint on this is bizarre.

He does it all the time, like literally before anything big happens. I hate it every time, proper dickhead move

It's the very worst of internet In The Knowism.

Being dicks to score points.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, the Warner project seems like the obvious thing, but I wonder if Square Enix is involved in some way with this at least in the EU, because Square randomly also opened a Hitman 3 preorder page just yesterday (which is kinda funny)

square-enix-games.com

The Official SQUARE ENIX Website

Find all the latest news and updates about your favourite games and upcoming releases.
hitman3.square-enix-games.com

The Official SQUARE ENIX Website

Find all the latest news and updates about your favourite games and upcoming releases.

Edit: Just found out that SE is actually handling the retail release for Hitman 3 in like most of the world outside America. A bit ironic to have the Square Enix logo back on a Hitman box this quickly after the split.
From what I remember their partnership ended on a good note. Sure SE lost interest in them but they sold them back to themselves and let them take the IP. I don't think there were any burned bridges

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm excited about the prospect of a good 007 game. But I really don't enjoy stealth gameplay, so obviously I'm a bit concerned with IO at the helm.

If they do it right, it could be a sandbox where you can choose your approach. Frankly, the Bond-like approach is how most people play Hitman anyway: they attempt to do things quietly, then things don't go according to plan, and they end up shooting their way out!

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
GoldenEye was the last good Bond game? Are y'all crazy? I will not stand for this Everything or Nothing erasure.

DAHGAMING

Oct 26, 2017
Yo so this is rumored to be new James Bond? , didnt think of it before but there perfect for it.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

They've made others games though of varying quality that aren't stealth games. Freedom fighters, mini ninjas and Kane and lynch being the obvious ones...

I can't say i particularly want it to be a shooter though. Because bond films aren't really like that. And bond himself isn't really a Sam fisher type so I wouldn't expect any shadow lurking stealth either.

Hitman already actually feels VERY James bond to me. All it really needs is to replace the assassination target gameplay loop with some James bond-esque objectives and action set pieces. Can even keep most of the social stealth aspects to approach the missions how you wish...bar the changing clothes thing. That might be a bit weird šŸ˜… But there could be other ways around that, finding identification you can flash at guards to get in areas you otherwise couldn't etc.