• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't necessarily mean they won't use the likeness of the next film Bond (whomever that ends up being). They've had Brosnan and Craig in games with original stories.
If I had to guess they are gonna pull a Agent Under Fire and create a brand new Bond.
1536858784-4272052198.jpg

SomePlayer

Apr 16, 2018
Really looking forward to this! Miss the fun 007 games like Golden Eye and some of those that came in the PS2, GameCube and Xbox gen.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
This is the shit you see on fan wish lists that never actually happens

And yet it is!

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
If it's a new origin story, I just realized that it would give them the excuse of not giving out the more outlandish gadgets and driving sections.

It'll be a gun and a radio. That's all.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Holy Shit! Love it.
I hope the deal works out for them, I just listened to a podcast that looks back ten years and this month 10 years ago EA said among other things in an interview that they dropped the Bond license because MGM took too much money and it wasn't ideal in general. Could have been a last effort to renegotiate or a dig at Activision who picked up the license thereafter

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
How in the fuck did IOI get a license this big and they're publishing it too? I'm so happy and excited for the studio. They deserve all the success coming their way.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Self published seems crazy.

Also definitely hoping this means they will play up the spy parts not just make another action game.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
The 'The World of Assassination' series/'2016 Hitman' is one of the best this gen, I can't wait to see it translated into a Bond game.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
How in the fuck did IOI get a license this big and they're publishing it too? I'm so happy and excited for the studio. They deserve all the success coming their way.

The publishing thing is most likely going to work like Hitman 3.

They are publishing the game in some regions and another publisher is taking care in other regions, see Square Enix publishing the physical edition of Hitman 3 in Europe, while IOI is publishing the digital edition WW and physical edition in NA.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
If it's a new origin story, I just realized that it would give them the excuse of not giving out the more outlandish gadgets and driving sections.

It'll be a gun and a radio. That's all.

Or otherwise, being more selective about it. Build your way up to being the Bond we're familiar with, but your first kill's gotta be with your bare hands, and a sink

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
IO Interactive just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Kane & Lynch fans' culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is with other IPs where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw Kane & Lynch up, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Kane & Lynch fans, after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase this 007 game any system, nor will they purchase any of IO's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but IO has alienated an entire fandom with this move.

IO Interactive, publicly apologize and cancel this game and make Kane & Lynch 3 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

ne1

Oct 27, 2017
This sounds great! Hopefully there's a good chance of commercial success for them.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Oh fucking shit. This is not what I was expecting. It's nice that somebody is doing something with the license again. Congrats and good luck to them.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
IO Interactive just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Kane & Lynch fans' culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is with other IPs where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw Kane & Lynch up, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Kane & Lynch fans, after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase this 007 game any system, nor will they purchase any of IO's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but IO has alienated an entire fandom with this move.

IO Interactive, publicly apologize and cancel this game and make Kane & Lynch 3 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

What, are they going to burn effigies of Jeff Gerstmann?

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
I can see it now:
"Q, is that really all you have for me?"
"Keep that attitude up Double-O and I'll send you out in your pajamas! Now, besides your upgraded watch, I'm equipping you with a briefcase..."

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
I hope it is a great game, but I've always felt the Hitman games, other than the suit, feel closer to Mission Impossible than it does 007.

They would make an awesome remake of Mission Impossible 64

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Featuring a wholly original Bond story, players will step into the shoes of the world's favorite Secret Agent to earn their 00 status in the very first James Bond origin story.

Earn the 00 status?
Só it will be mostly Hitman but without.... Hit

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Huge get for IO Interactive, and I'm sure they'll do it justice.

To me the Bond license felt like a natural fit for Sony, given their success with Spider-Man after the IP slipped through Activision's fingers, and their similar involvement in movies. Sony and Ready at Dawn partnering for a 007 game is a dream project in my mind.

That said I might be equally excited to see what IO will do. It seems like a natural fit.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine how square must feel if the James Bond games sells better than the avengers one after letting the studio go (although o still think it was gr t how square handled the separation all things considered).

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
The publishing thing is most likely going to work like Hitman 3.

They are publishing the game in some regions and another publisher is taking care in other regions, see Square Enix publishing the physical edition of Hitman 3 in Europe, while IOI is publishing the digital edition WW and physical edition in NA.
Yeah but where are they getting the funding from? Either somone invested a hefty sum into the studio, or the Hitman games are making way more money than I thought.