• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

InXile next RPG launch

Votes: 39 23.5%

Votes: 72 43.4%

Votes: 40 24.1%
  • I think 5 years from now are enough, but....2026?

Votes: 15 9.0%

• Total voters

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
They working on two rpgs. First one is what Fargo always wanted to make. And is the big one with for example the God of War combat director. Then then there is a smaller incubation one.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
They working on two rpgs. First one is what Fargo always wanted to make. And is the big one with for example the God of War combat director. Then then there is a smaller incubation one.
Just to be sure: is one of those two the recently released Wasteland, or is it two projects besides that? I believe it was the latter, but can't hurt to be sure!

Andrei Rublev

Jun 8, 2018
sponger has stated that inXile's next RPG has the biggest budget for a RPG at Xbox Game Studios. Though I don't know if that's still true with the recent Bethesda acquisition.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Still holds. inXile will be TIER 1 production studio. Big things will happen relating inXile, especially with Bethesda acquisition.
Well that sure is surprising! I'd have guessed they'd be streaming Rockstar-level funds into BGS - but then again, BGS' comparatively small size probably wasn't because the Zenimax owners didn't allow them to grow, more than Todd felt he could achieve his vision with the current team.

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
Still holds. inXile will be TIER 1 production studio. Big things will happen relating inXile, especially with Bethesda acquisition.

:o

I kind of secretly hope that it is based on the Numenera world. Torment tides of numenera had a few problems, mostly seems to be budget/time constraints that plagued it, but the world and lore kept me playing through the end of the game and enjoyed it quite a lot. I cannot say the same for most CRPGs (rarely finish them).

I doubt it's gonna be that though..

ZedKay101

May 31, 2020
Man, this AAA project by Inixile is gonna really be something else. Good news is that Inixile will have all the time they need to work on it with the three other RPG projects (Starfield, Avowed, Fable) likely to come first

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Cool, take your time. That means it's going to be next gen only so I'm excited to see the end result. Like TLOU and TLOU2 ... it's always worth the wait if the game is excellent.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
So not counting support for the games they put out, namely Wasteland 3, they're working on 2 new RPG titles and one of those is in early pre-production and would come after the first?

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
sponger has stated that inXile's next RPG has the biggest budget for a RPG at Xbox Game Studios. Though I don't know if that's still true with the recent Bethesda acquisition.
Ok, saying that it has a higher budget than avowed an fable?Hmm..........🤷‍♂️

Now saying it has a higher budget than the ES6 and Starfield? You seriously cannot possibly believe that. 🤦‍♂️

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC

Former Sony Santa Monica (God of War) dude, by the way. Now he is Lead Combat Designer at inXile. Whatever they're cooking up their team is really damn excited. Throw some Brian Fargo into the mix and...ooof. Gonna be a long, hard wait for this one :/

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Ok, saying that it has a higher budget than avowed an fable?Hmm..........🤷‍♂️

Now saying it has a higher budget than the ES6 and Starfield? You seriously cannot possibly believe that. 🤦‍♂️
Okay sponger sorry I hadnt scrolled down and read your post, I can only begin to imagine what kind of budget this game will have and how many people they will have if it truly has a higher budget than the ES6... ES6 has rockstar levels of budget thrown at it, so inxile's game will have star wars movies kind of money thrown at it?

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
Bro the future of Xbox Exclusives lowkey could end up being explosive in like 2-3 years

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
At this point, aren't we expecting the New Orleans team's RPG first, though? That's the team that made Bard's Tale 4 and while some of them moved onto the VR project as it got closer to release, I would imagine that game's smaller scope and earlier start on production mean it's a 2022 or 2023 project, no?

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
I'm not talking about this project.

There is 0% chance of that happening. They're deep into creating Brian Fargos dream RPG with a massive budget and have a smaller RPG in the works. How could they possibly multitask creating the next Fallout simultaneously?

I mean, Obsidian has their hands full, too, (Avowed, The Outer Worlds 2, Grounded) but I feel like they have a better chance at creating the next Fallout over inXile simply due to studio size and the success of Fallout: New Vegas. Happy to be proven wrong, though.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
a vr game ? funny they got bought by microsoft and still doing Vr game, i love mages tales on PSVR btw I'm just suprise.

Microsoft has to let the acquired companies finish up their projects under pre-existing contracts.

Wasteland 3, Psychonauts 2, We Happy Few, The Outer Worlds + DLC, Frostpoint, Deathloop, and Ghostwire Tokyo were/are all in this group.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Microsoft has to let the acquired companies finish up their projects under pre-existing contracts.

Wasteland 3, Psychonauts 2, We Happy Few, The Outer Worlds + DLC, Frostpoint, Deathloop, and Ghostwire Tokyo were/are all in this group.

Also Bleeding Edge was in development before they acquired Ninja Theory.