• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dziga

Banned
Mar 5, 2020
User Banned (permenant): Repeated console warring despite multiple bans; account is junior phase
Invezz article

Nintendo share price closed 4.5% lower after printing the lowest level in nearly three months.

The consumer electronics company had been sceptical about lifting its forecasts even in spite of strong sales of the Switch console, pointing out that the boost in sales could prove short-lived as gamers have been forced to stay at home because of the pandemic.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Everything stay at home tanked because the vaccine data.

This isn't news

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah gaming as a whole dropped when the vaccine news hit. Has nothing to do with their forecasts.

Jul 16, 2020
7b7367b9e4a47df577d0c6bf78666d3f

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks OP for always bringing the latest Nintendo news !

More seriously, all gaming stocks tanked after the vaccine news. I'd say it is a great time to make a gaming portfolio.

Zoantharia

Oct 30, 2017
Rotation out of tech because of vaccine news. Pretty dumb imo. Didn't sell my tech shares in time and got fucked yesterday... It'll go back up eventually (hopefully)

Jun 2, 2019
Nintendo stock price fell on vaccine news, just a week after the Japanese consumer electronics company raised its forecast for Nintendo Switch consoles

Nintendo stock price fell on vaccine news

on vaccine news

WHAT THE FUCK

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
For me, first, what kind of influence does the vaccine has over Nintendo's stock

Second, given how Covid has impacted the company, how the vaccine impacts Nintendo's stock in a negative way

Third, how the vaccine is any kind of bad news at all.
Vaccine means people won't stay at home as much, that's where video games thrive, it's pretty simple.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
For me, first, what kind of influence does the vaccine has over Nintendo's stock

Second, given how Covid has impacted the company, how the vaccine impacts Nintendo's stock in a negative way

Vaccine = people can spend more time outside their homes and are less likely to play video games or do stuff at home

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal

All those questions can be answered by "capitalism". Staying at home products like Nintendo's get less investors because with a vaccine there will be less people buying them, because there's less people on lockdown. And that means less return of any investment on those products. That's their logic.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
How would one go about even starting that? I have no idea.
This thread is very helpful:
www.resetera.com

Stock Market ERA - Earning money with games

Welcome to Stock Market ERA The thread all about publicly traded video game developers, publishers and everyone else involved in this industry! Big, small, American, European, Japanese, you name it, we talk about it. RISKS This thread is meant for discussion about stock trading and the...

Gaming benefited from COVID and people staying at home. All gaming stocks are therefore in the red after the news whereas travel/flying/movie firms went to the green.

It is dumb imho as the COVID tail was never meant to keep going forever but stocks are often overeacting after big and unprecedented news.

picasso

Oct 28, 2017
this isn't surprising. my shares of Nintendo, Sony, AMD, etc., all dropped on the vaccine news (along with all other tech, or, "stay at home" stocks). they'll
all recover in short order, and it's a perfect time to buy more.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is very helpful:
www.resetera.com

Stock Market ERA - Earning money with games

Welcome to Stock Market ERA The thread all about publicly traded video game developers, publishers and everyone else involved in this industry! Big, small, American, European, Japanese, you name it, we talk about it. RISKS This thread is meant for discussion about stock trading and the...

Gaming benefited from COVID and people staying at home. All gaming stocks are therefore in the red after the news whereas travel/flying/movie firms went to the green.

It is dumb imho as the COVID tail was never meant to keep going forever but stocks are often overeacting after big and unprecedented news.
Got to think of it in terms of a day trader making a quick buck. They're not in most of these stocks for the long term, most are there for a quick flip, jumped into stay at homes while they were hot, sold for a quick buck and went into travel

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Got to think of it in terms of a day trader making a quick buck. They're not in most of these stocks for the long term, most are there for a quick flip, jumped into stay at homes while they were hot, sold for a quick buck and went into travel
I also think a part of it is automated and made by algorithms. Then when people starts to see their stocks losing a lot, they tend to overeact and sell to stop the bleeding.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

The stock market isn't ethical. It operates logically though. News suggesting people will soon be able to be out and about more often, no matter how positive for society, will have investors pulling out of stocks that have thrived because people have been staying at home more.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, like others have said tech has been pretty weak. So this isn't surprising at all. Wouldn't read too much into this. Kinda like that cdpr thread.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
I hope that people in this forum that couldn't tell the difference between revenue, equity, liability, asset, expense, market capitalization, stock split, etc to NOT panic about this....this is just macro level market corrections.

I can't say for the japanese side of things but most tech stock in nasdaq/nyse were down by at much as 6% yesterday due to the correction/profit taking.

To give you an example, both Nvidia/AMD were down yesterday by about 5%.

Microsoft was down about 3%, etc etc etc....

I beg the people concerning/panicking to learn some financial knowledge before reacting to it....

But who am I kidding? People will continue to react about things they have absolutely no clue about....sigh...

Oct 30, 2017
The stock price is still quite high in terms of its historical number. My ADR shares are still quite profitable as I bought a bunch a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.