• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
If it makes me a racist for not liking overly sexualized waifu characters? Then so be it. I'm pretty sure most japanese aren't THAT into it either, and it's a minority of hikikomori that drive this shit. But it's funny how there are so many of the default responses to people not liking it here on era. From telling us off, to telling us we are racist for not liking something problematic. The responses you also see on seedy sites like n4g. For goodness sake one of you lot made a joke about orgasming to this in this thread!

If that's the company you want be in fine, like said not for me.
Fun fact: Seeing something Japanese and immediately calling it sexualized or weird is indeed racist. It isn't like it's a hentai video game or oversexualized ecchi anime, this is a woman using an avatar to stay anonymous and streaming video games online.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
She has either fake ears or four ears and most of these fanservice characters are voiced by adult women. But I quit. I'm racist so fuck it. N4g has arrived.

You came into this thread ranting about pedophilia out of nowhere.

Hell, the video that's got you so upset is so fucking benign and completely family friendly.

well, except for when she says "fuck" after a death

qq more

Oct 25, 2017
She has either fake ears or four ears and most of these fanservice characters are voiced by adult women. But I quit. I'm racist so fuck it. N4g has arrived.
Korone is fanservice/waifu bait????? lmao get the fuck out of here with that shit

i guess girls arent allowed to be cute :((

Modal Soul

Oct 27, 2017
If it makes me a racist for not liking overly sexualized waifu characters? Then so be it. I'm pretty sure most japanese aren't THAT into it either, and it's a minority of hikikomori that drive this shit. But it's funny how there are so many of the default responses to people not liking it here on era. From telling us off, to telling us we are racist for not liking something problematic. The responses you also see on seedy sites like n4g. For goodness sake one of you lot made a joke about orgasming to this in this thread!

Ok, alright, there's like a ton of things that you're super not getting. We understand that anime has a culture surrounded around misogyny, sexualization of prepubescent girls, and it's overall fan service catered to fans who will pay top dollar for that. Most people are confused as to how all of this is correlated to an anonymous Japanese woman during an avatar to do LPs. The framing just seems misplaced.

May 19, 2020

She is an entertainer who uses a virtual dog girl avatar to anonymously stream video games, not hentai or ecchi. You really need to cool off.

There is nothing sexual in the video or her streams in general. Takes like this are more out there and bizarre than any person who has fun watching Hololive.

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
So many of you are being so weirdly insecure. OP wanted to share a clip they found humorous and entertaining and instead he's met with the psychosexual merit of a Japanese woman using an anime dog girl as her avatar while she streams.

with my indisputable god-given authority as a person with a keyboard and internet access, i hereby declare it OK To Like And Enjoy This Thing. u r welcome, OP & and vtubernerds

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta

Writing off anything cute and Japanese as inherently pedo-bait is very much racist, yes.

SemRockwel

Oct 27, 2017
I get it that a number of v-tuber fans (and anime fans in general) can be weird/creepy, and some v-tuber stuff certainly plays into it a bit, but I don't think it's fair to lump everyone into one creep pile for liking some v-tuber content.

The reason I enjoy Korone's streams is the reason I like stuff like this:

For me it has the same energy. Literally I discovered Korone due to her Doom streams.

I also like the v-tuber Pikamee, who I can not see as being fan-service in anyway possible. Here is a funny clip:

Edit: Old clip changed to a new funny clip

Last edited:

Arcia

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
This stuff is so cute, I love it. Me and my sister discovered vtubers months ago and it's been fun seeing them blow up on the internet.

My favorite recent Korone clip:

the comedic timing on that scream 😆

May 19, 2020
I have a passing interest in VTubers, but I don't think I can watch one for over 2 or 3 minutes, I'll let the system whittle it down to the gems for me.

Let's get one thing straight here.

Era was ALWAYS as bad as Twitter.
If you can't handle full streams there are plenty of translators that basically make highlight videos of the choice funny stuff. YMMV on those obviously.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
If you can't handle full streams there are plenty of translators that basically make highlight videos of the choice funny stuff. YMMV on those obviously.
Yeah that's what I meant by the system, I'll wait for somebody to make compilations and highlights. Those are fun when I'm in the mood for cute junkfood sometimes.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Extremely inflammatory generalizations
I'm not talking about not liking it, I'm talking about not getting it, which is why I also brought up TikTok and Discord. I see a lot of older people (more like the average aged members of Era considering the average age is like mid 30s) of Era not getting it in every thread about these subjects

What is there to not get about Vtubers, facecam let's plays have been popular for almost a decade and anime has been popular longer
What is there to not get about TikTok, Vine came out 7 years ago
What is there to not get about Discord, IRC has been around for decades

Oh don't worry, we totally get that basement dwelling loner pedophile nerds are attracted and entertained by the fantasy of a cute blushing underage anime pet-girl who's into video games. We just hate it.

Modal Soul

Oct 27, 2017
Oh don't worry, we totally get that basement dwelling loner pedophile nerds are attracted and entertained by the fantasy of a cute blushing underage anime pet-girl who's into video games. We just hate it.

That's very condescending and I would really like it if people would stop projecting on something that is clearly not the thing they are vehemently against. Like, I get it, I don't like that subsection of the medium; But really? Why is this the hill people want to die on...?

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
what the fuck
how do you type this and not feel like a complete and utter piece of shit
this is not an underage girl, this is an adult japanese woman playing video games with an avatar in that looks like an anime dog girl, nothing about being a pet, nothing about being underaged, nothing about blushing, chill the fuck out

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how this isn't incredibly misogynistic?!
Just highlighting this post for its absurdity.

Engage your brain, please. Or at least articulate your reasoning before you spout off nonsense.
Ew, im not into this, why does she sound like a child?
This is actually sexist and/or possibly racist. This is her actual voice. This is how she sounds when she's excited (which is most of the time, appropriately enough). I can't even with these comments...

Modal Soul

Oct 27, 2017
To the people here who are being unreasonably hostile: You guys are literally on a hobbyist forum where the vast majority of its user base agrees that anime can be a problematic and misogynistic genre. In this case, it's not, and you're going to need to work through your need to label things in such absolutist measures.

Daverytimes

Oct 25, 2017
Some of yall are weird as fuck, if you don't like something that's cool but stop projecting your shit on other people. I find her videos annoying but I know there are many who enjoy it as she has a huge fucking audience. Some of you need to take a chill pill, my lord.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This thread is a trip.
To the people here who are being unreasonably hostile: You guys are literally on a hobbyist forum where the vast majority of its user base agrees that anime can be a problematic and misogynistic genre. In this case, it's not, and you're going to need to work through your need to label things in such absolutist measures.
It's quite extraordinary that a thread about Korone of all things has turned into a debate about the problematic undercurrents of otaku culture.

VinceK

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Some people on this forum are really really showing that diet racism against Japanese people is alive and well on Era.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I have a passing interest in VTubers, but I don't think I can watch one for over 2 or 3 minutes, I'll let the system whittle it down to the gems for me.

Let's get one thing straight here.

Era was ALWAYS as bad as Twitter.
Yes, from day one. Why do you think so many mods have left? It always baffles me when people think that Reddit is worse than here.
This forum tried to cancel Girlfriend Reviews until they gave a glowing review of TLOU2. Then everything was forgotten.

SemRockwel

Oct 27, 2017
This stuff is so cute, I love it. Me and my sister discovered vtubers months ago and it's been fun seeing them blow up on the internet.

My favorite recent Korone clip:

the comedic timing on that scream 😆

That scream was probably real. She seems to have a phobia to bug things (plus I have never heard her scream like that before lol).

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
When even Grant Kirkhope is adapting better to the times, maybe it's time to take a look in the mirror, eh?

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
This is the kind of post that I'm thinking of when I make offhand comments in other threads about how this forum is an absolute shithole outside of dedicated community threads.

Sevyne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of y'all are seriously miserable. It's fine to not like something, but it's like y'all don't want others to smile at anything either.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'm the first to admit that I don't get the appeal of "hyper reactive" streamers who scream about everything in general, but I'm sorry, I really don't understand how the experience gets better when its a high pitched infantilized voice.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
I did not know the kind of hostility in some of the posts here was allowed on this forum. How does this work exactly? If this kind of hostility had occured towards users in any other kind of discussion, it would have been a thread filled with suspensions.

You have people calling users paedophiles because they watch virtual youtubers? Some of them are nearing the 1mil subscribers. I find it pretty disturbing how some of these posts are apparently just fine?

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing the original title was something like "Dog plays ____" and if so yeah, I guess I'd be a bit miffed. But it's all good now

Watched a bit of it. I don't get the appeal, but let the weebs and other folk have their fun. Didn't expect the AR face tracking to be that wonky, though, huh. Vtubers have been around for relatively quite a while, so for some reason I was expecting something more dynamic. Like, I'd actually just prefer audio only and no avatar, though I guess that would defeat the purpose?