• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
This amiibo is gonna become a collector's item because of them locking this feature behind the amiibo and guess what, frustratingly enough, Nintendo will get away with this.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man that's one of the best looking amiibo (and I own them all).

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome looking amiibo but locking a actually pretty useful feature to a 30$ figure that will sell out in seconds will always be total bullshit.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Definitely buying that - already have the entire collection of Zelda 30th Anniversary and most of Smash 4/Ultimate.

I do want the Joy-Cons but they are impossible to find!

AuroraMusisAmica

One Winged Slayer
Aug 16, 2018
It's a beautiful amiibo. I keep saying I'm done with those figurines, but I keep coming back.

One of my favorite things about the Amiibo series is the creation of great (and relatively cheap) physical merchandise to celebrate their gaming content.

Also, I forgot how adorable the Kikwi were.

Deleted member 67800

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 30, 2020
E1tnFcPUUAAMKAD

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
It might be too big to be $15, we'll have to see. I'd be more worried as to whether it's a GameStop exclusive. It'll be nigh impossible to get if it is.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Absolutely stupid to lock a QoL upgrade behind an amiibo. The game doesn't need it, but it's dumb nonetheless.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Why is this tied to something that will instantly become unavailable and unaffordable

What a bad and incredibly avoidable situation

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Omg finally more footage of this!!

The music in the trailer is incredible 😭

Can't wait to replay it

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Very cool amiibo - I've always loved SS Zelda's design. Doubt I'll get the remake anytime soon, but I'll definitely try and grab the figure.

Really baffling choice to lock the feature there. Like, it's such a minor thing - I can't imagine someone buying the figure just to get the power unless you're a super hardcore speedrunner or something. It's got really limited utility as you don't have to swap between the sky/surface all that often, outside of the occasional Goddess Chest.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
10 years and their stupid birds still don't have names.

Dumb if that feature is locked behind the amiibo. Jumping between The Sky, the land below, and Skyloft was tedious as hell, especially when doing Goddess Cube shit.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Lol this is wack. Just put that feature in the goddamn game by default.

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I sold all of my Amiibos last year... I'd be really tempted by this, but it would just end up on my shelf collecting dust with other "collectables".
Looks very nice though.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
I'll try to buy the figure. I like Skyward Sword Zelda a lot, and it's a good looking amiibo. Locking the feature behind the amiibo is stupid and it's something that seems to happen with every Zelda game. It's not even, like, a particularly great feature, so it's hardly a sales pitch.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo being an asshole with this in particular, because this is the kind of thing that fixes A LOT wrong with SS.