• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
You can just report your post/OP/poll
I get what they are saying - plenty of people make typos or accidentally post the thread before finishing their thought. I don't know what sort of technical limitations are in place, though. I'll ask, but I don't believe there is anything specific we can do with the software to allow that specific behavior, so I think reporting/PM'ing is the way to go for the immediate future.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There needs to be a section in the tickets for invasive advertisements, there was another Ford ad that basically broke mobile mode for me for the last 5 days.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
They do. You probably have your adblocker turned on if you don't see them. :P
Not those pesky ones after the first post of a thread that make the site almost completely unusable when logged out, because they constantly change sizes. Those, luckily, are logged out exclusives.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know where to post this anymore where I can get feedback from other users to see if I'm not alone without making a new thread but I was randomly signed out, rerurned to light theme with a message saying something about active user changed. I signed back in but I'm worried I was hacked or something.

DownUnderCoder

Administrator
Dec 15, 2018
Additional formatting rules have been applied to the pronoun field to hopefully make it display more consistently.

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
Additional formatting rules have been applied to the pronoun field to hopefully make it display more consistently.
Is there really a need for consistency? With these changes, non-English characters are no longer supported, which I know some people were using. And why do pronouns need to be capitalized anyway?

As far as I can tell it's just a string formatting function, and from trying a few different inputs, with these new changes the following steps (more or less) are applied for formatting:
1. Remove characters that aren't a-z, A-Z, or spaces.
2. Split string at spaces.
3. Capitalize first letter of each pronoun
4. Combine pronouns with slashes between

If you remove just punctuation/whitespace (I'm sure there are tables for this) and keep actual characters, then capitalize the first character if they can be capitalized (again, pretty sure there are lookup tables for this), I don't see why that wouldn't work outside of weird edge cases. Are there any technical limitations here?