• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5876

Big Seller
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I heard / read that Hitman 3 is supposed to somehow include all the levels from 1 & 2.. or something like that? Can anyone clarify how that is supposed to work and if that's still true for the console version?

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017
So I heard / read that Hitman 3 is supposed to somehow include all the levels from 1 & 2.. or something like that? Can anyone clarify how that is supposed to work and if that's still true for the console version?
If you have the first two you can play then on 3. But the game don't come with them

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't watched yet but honestly as long as the PS5 version has much improved load times compared to how sloooooow 1 and 2 were on PS4, I'll be extremely happy. I'll even forgive it permanently eating half of the console's hard drive.

I'm very confused on how the previous games carry over on PC. If I own the first two on Steam, will I be able to play them on the Epic Store version of 3, and will 2's saves carry over?

Aside from that, the visuals look massively improved. Hitman 2 at max settings didn't look nearly as good.

IIRC they're going to handle that through their own account system for PC players, specifically because of the switch to Epic. Not sure if they've given more details yet but I remember reading that much.

It will require you to either own the games already or to pay for a DLC that gives you the levels in 3; don't know if they'll break them out into separate 1/2/DLC packs or if it'll just be one thing. Based on how 1->2 worked, if you already own anything, you'll open up 2 and there'll be a way to get the DLC for 3 for free based on what you own.

This will only work within the same ecosystem, fyi. If you jump across consoles or to/from PC for 3, you'll have to rebuy the levels.

Deleted member 5876

Big Seller
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't watched yet but honestly as long as the PS5 version has much improved load times compared to how sloooooow 1 and 2 were on PS4, I'll be extremely happy. I'll even forgive it permanently eating half of the console's hard drive.

IIRC they're going to handle that through their own account system for PC players, specifically because of the switch to Epic. Not sure if they've given more details yet but I remember reading that much.

It will require you to either own the games already or to pay for a DLC that gives you the levels in 3; don't know if they'll break them out into separate 1/2/DLC packs or if it'll just be one thing. Based on how 1->2 worked, if you already own anything, you'll open up 2 and there'll be a way to get the DLC for 3 for free based on what you own.

This will only work within the same ecosystem, fyi. If you jump across consoles or to/from PC for 3, you'll have to rebuy the levels.

Okay cool. So for sure there will be DLC I can pay for if I don't want to get 1 & 2 but I do want to play the levels.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Okay cool. So for sure there will be DLC I can pay for if I don't want to get 1 & 2 but I do want to play the levels.

Maybe keep in mind that getting 1+2(+2's DLC) on a steep sale could end up being decently cheaper than buying 3's DLC for them, particularly if they do separate out those things into different DLC. I believe 2's DLC to get 1's levels was $20, for reference. So it's up to you on how to handle it.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Saw the trailer and yup, that's definitely a 3rd modern Hitman game. Hoping they show off a couple more system changes or new features in the future, but hey, more Hitman levels alone would probably enough,

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. That's more Hitman alright.

But the DualSense features sound great. Like, the 'focus mode' for sniping invoked by half-pressing the trigger.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
Hitman 1 was probably one of my favorite games of this past decade. I have been holding off on 2 as I thought the levels would come with 3, but looks like I will need to pick it up during the next sale!

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I loved Hitman (and I even loved the episodic release schedule), liked Hitman 2... but at this point I think I am Hitman'd out.

This is kind of where I'm at. I booted up Hitman 2 and did some levels last week to hype myself up but you can only do the same thing so many times, regardless of locations.

I'll probably end up buying down the line, unless the remaining 3 levels to be revealed are too good to pass up.

I think my problem is with the immersion. Like you have these amazing exotic locations, scenarios and disguises but then you have the enemy AI which is like Oblivion with "must have been the wind" sometimes. That, and the NPC voice acting, and the giant levels where you somehow get away with killing multiple people without alerting anyone.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
This is kind of where I'm at. I booted up Hitman 2 and did some levels last week to hype myself up but you can only do the same thing so many times, regardless of locations.
In this series, the locations and level design are core to the gameplay. Breaking into a bank vault or dealing with an deadly virus spreading in real time completely alter the experience even if the core mechanics are the same.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In this series, the locations and level design are core to the gameplay. Breaking into a bank vault or dealing with an deadly virus spreading in real time completely alter the experience even if the core mechanics are the same.

Patient Zero is the only DLC I haven't played, but I know what you mean. I've put in 200+ hours into Hitman 1 and 2, and got full mastery on a bunch of levels including the bank and island level on Hitman 2.

This is coming from a big fan of the games haha, I've sunk a lot of hours into it so I'm a bit burnt out.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I'll probably end up buying down the line, unless the remaining 3 levels to be revealed are too good to pass up.

So...there are only 5 maps in the base game and they will sell 2 or 3 more maps for 40 bucks again?

definitely getting this for cheap later, i still haven´t even finished Hitman 2. i think the "play it countless times with different approaches" is a double edged sword as i am super burned out of the formula by now.

for me, the episode format of the first game was far better than a whole game at once.

Oct 25, 2017
Day 1 for me because I want to support IO, who make games like nobody else. The three maps revealed so far all look fantastic.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
So...there are only 5 maps in the base game and they will sell 2 or 3 more maps for 40 bucks again?

definitely getting this for cheap later, i still haven´t even finished Hitman 2. i think the "play it countless times with different approaches" is a double edged sword as i am super burned out of the formula by now.

for me, the episode format of the first game was far better than a whole game at once.
Are the total amount of locations Revealed yet?

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
wait the game is episodic again? Thought we would get the whole package day one now.

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
I loved Hitman (and I even loved the episodic release schedule), liked Hitman 2... but at this point I think I am Hitman'd out.

Same here and that is the reason why I haven't touched the game in six to nine months. Except for checking out how it runs on Series S and doing a quick runthrough of the Paris map, once or twice.

I am going to do a complete playthrough of HITMAN to HITMAN 3 in HITMAN 3, and I couldn't be more pumped about more HITMAN.
A forever game indeed.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
With Hitman probably being shelved for quite a while after H3 releases I hope they try to include as much of the legacy content as possible.
Maybe when they've released the last update they could also disable the online requirement and release official mod support so the community can prolong it's life.