• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
i genuinely dont see the issue, why people are acting like this is some earth shattering bad news? The game already had mtx since 2013, this is honestly pretty tame in comparison. This actually gvies you more value than some of the lower tier shark cards.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm wondering how many people in this thread play gta online to begin with before their "i already bought the game I am forever entitled to perpetual free content because X game does it"

Yeah I'd bet like 90% of the people responding here probably already dont have any investment in GTAO.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I just cant believe that this is so stupid that it will work. Rockstar is going to make absolute BANK off of this. OH MY GOD IM MAD.

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
Look. I'm not against such a service. I normally prefer such subscription services in games cause they always give you more than enough to make the small fee worth it over simple Microtransaction currencies or objects. Like the Fallout 76 service that I well enjoyed while playing it or others. Like Battle Passes also fall into this category for me (even tho they aren't a classic subscription)

So, in general I'm not against it, even if it's an older game, cause that also means they are still somewhat invested into the new version and the upcoming month, which is good to know and wasn't clear at all to the community.

But..... I really think what they offer us here is simply not enough. 500k are laughable, that's nothing, even for new players and the rest also sounds super confusing and I just don't see real benefits here.
I wish we would get free businesses like in some of the older bundle versions, that would be helpful and I would love that as someone who freshly jumped into GTA online with this release, not getting some liveries and some clothes, that is a weird choice.

But since I play it daily currently for several hours even, I will definitely try it out, for that the price is low enough and I will probably not regret it.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
LMAO they have no shame milking this shit but i just saw this game was 1st on the UK charts again so... You get what you deserve

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
So -

1. The game is not free and costs money.
2. Current gen versions cost additional money.
3. Bursting at the seams with microtransactions.
4. Subscription service.

Usually even mobile games will only adopt one or two of the above points. Rockstar has included all of them into their 10 year old game.
Well expect for right now where the current gen version is free on PS5.

Silverstoned

Dec 28, 2017
North California
We're already half way down the slope. It started with shark cards.

We will never get a good single payer GTA again.

Whatever form the next game takes it will be PACKED with MTX/shark card incentives from day 1. Guarantee.

Its that 2k executive who was annoyed people were playing GTA online "for free".

No mate, we paid $60 and your online game is peer-to-peer. It's not costing you a dime.

Jul 26, 2018
Call me crazy but i'm gonna say this.. they're gonna add this to GTA 6 online in the future (multiplayer won't be free).

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
One day, talking about singleplayer GTA will be like talking about singleplayer Warcraft

Resetta Stone

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing, Arizona
Expect a nerf to payouts from heists and other activities when this is released. 500,000 a month is pennies compared to some of the stuff you can do in-game already apparently.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We're already half way down the slope. It started with shark cards.

We will never get a good single payer GTA again.

Whatever form the next game takes it will be PACKED with MTX/shark card incentives from day 1. Guarantee.

Its that 2k executive who was annoyed people were playing GTA online "for free".

No mate, we paid $60 and your online game is peer-to-peer. It's not costing you a dime.

Oh come on this is ignoring literally all the free content they have added to the game since 2013. GTAO is no different than any F2P MMO game.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
milking-cow-udders.gif

Gotta keep that flow up somehow i guess

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Missed opportunity to name topic "GTA+ 6 dollars a month announced (PS5/XSX exclusive)" :P

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
In years gone by this would have been a parody of subscriptions. I honestly can't see modern day Rockstar being able to write a story skewering modern culture.

Oct 25, 2017
Subscriptions for everything sounds FUN! lmao!

I wonder who the people are going to blame for bring them into video games

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
I have a strong feeling given the timing and the price that this was not designed for consumers as much as for the gaming services like GamePass and PS+/Now/Spartacus to have it as a built in perk. Take 2 gets a monthly piece of that sweet services money without having to do much.

May 17, 2018
User Banned (2 Weeks): Platform Warring; History of Platform Warring
It is so funny that it's only on consoles because they know damn well that console players will sign up for anything.

Oct 26, 2017
I mean people keep buying this game over and over and over again. They keep spending like crazy, so I can't blame Rockstar one bit.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, surprised they didn't do it earlier. Fortnite has had this for a while now.

Can't wait to see CoD, Apex, Siege, and many others to start adopting it.

Edward

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
It is so funny that it's only on consoles because they know damn well that console players will sign up for anything.
I think it's more they know the majority of PC players play on RP servers and the console market is where the majority of where they make their money and where most the players are.

I don't see an issue with this at all they put out a ton of content for their online service and don't require you to pay anything else. You can continue to play the game and not pay a penny. It's like getting upset at battle passes clearly there is a huge market for this stuff.

CelticKennedy

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 18, 2019
I was wondering when they were going to try and implement some sort of Battle Pass or something similar to other games and what they did with Red Dead Online with the Outlaw Passes.

But man.....they aren't even attempting to have it be obtained with in-game currency in some way. Just PAY UP with real dollars. Yikes.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
What's the betting this is one of the headline inclusions with Sony's Spartacus offering?