• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What should the abbreviation be?

• DS

Votes: 341 13.4%
  • DS5

Votes: 1,674 65.6%
  • DSe

Votes: 181 7.1%
  • DSns

Votes: 37 1.4%
  • DSense

Votes: 295 11.6%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 25 1.0%

• Total voters

AAION

Dec 28, 2018
added the colored PS logo to the colored face buttons
FTo28y1.jpg
I didn't have a problem with the original but yeah, this is it

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit!

3 top 10 WorldWide trends on Twitter at the moment!

#PowerofPlayStation

The DualSense Controller caused 3 of the top 10 worldwide trends to be about it and PS5...

OAuHHIY.png

lol, Xbox Controller comparisons causing #2.

Simuly

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 8, 2019
Anyone notice the gunmetal PS5 logo? Possible hint that the PS5 is going for a more 'premium' design and hence, NOT $400 but at least $450...

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
It's almost as if you just hand waived his comment away because it doesn't jive with your opinion. I guess that's one way to handle it.

If Sony had done off-set stick placement you'd tout the virtues of that. It's all in what you are used to. Some prefer that, others the Xbox style. No need to extrapolate anything else from it than that.
You can hand waive a comment about controller preference lol. That's the point, it's how it feels in your hands. My rebuttal to a person not liking DS4 is other people feel just as strongly not liking another controller. It's completely subjective and personal preference, there's no debate to be had about it really.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
I'm like whatever. I couldn't care less what a controller looks like as long as it functions properly. Same goes for the console itself

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Respawn Entertainment provided input on the Xbox One gamepad while Bungie did the same for the DualShock 4. I'm curious which, if any major game devs had input on the design of the DualSense.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I think it looks great, love the colors. Here's hoping the console itself is also in the same color scheme and not a black box again.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, it looks beautiful. Can't wait to grab one for my PC. Gyro, touch pad, looks futuristic, looks comfortable, mine!

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
I get about 6-8 hours out of mine. Not ideal. I have a station where i put the drained one on and then pull off the most charged one, and do this circle every time. Hopefully its same level as switch pro controller battery

I still don't know how the WiiU pro controller could have such a battery, It dwarfed Switch pro controllers'. Can't even remember when was the last time I charged those.

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Looks great to me. Sony, this time please ignore this inevitable crybaby backlash and just ram it down our throats. IOW, do what Nintendo did after they announced the official name "Wii" to almost universal derision. They stuck to their guns and look how that turned out. It'll be fine.

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Overall feeling it. Love the larger pad as it was a good feature but felt hard to hit a particular side. Pause/options and the other one are in good places too. Apprehensive about that d-pad placement though and no back paddles is incredibly disappointing. Those bumpers/triggers looks ready to catch an unholy amount of dirt too. Gonna be fun cleaning this thing...

Fireatwill

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It reminds me of a Bugatti.
and I hope different colors are an option.
haptic feedback and adaptive tension will be nice.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I really hope there is a headphone jack. Especially considering how much Sony has talked up the importance of audio design going into the PS5. A shitty built-in mic is nowhere near a good trade-off for a headphone jack that can be used for actual mics and great headphones that will take advantage of all their new audio technology.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okey people, I don't know how to do it but we really need to get a movement going to get Sony to color those face buttons... COLORLESS PLAYSTATION FACE BUTTONS ARE A SIN.

Adamastor

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
First impressions I'm not a fan, mostly because I like how the DualShocks have been in terms of size when compared to the Xbox. I prefer the smaller sized ones, but I'll wait till I can have it in my hand. And to be fair, not like we have a choice unless the Dual Shock 4 was fully backwards compatible, and I can't see that happening because of the adaptive triggers and haptic feedback. Wait and see.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I keep on going making small adjustments, I also love the little PS symbol pattern

9sIDJoZ.png

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I wonder if the analog stick grips will actually be durable this time around