• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should the abbreviation be?

• DS

Votes: 341 13.4%
  • DS5

Votes: 1,674 65.6%
  • DSe

Votes: 181 7.1%
  • DSns

Votes: 37 1.4%
  • DSense

Votes: 295 11.6%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 25 1.0%

• Total voters
Oct 31, 2017
Lol this does not look like a third-party controller.

And the single tone/black edits look way worse I think. Surprised so many people are so angry/think this looks bad!

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
As long as it hard general Bluetooth support the lack of a headphone jack is fine.

It fucking better support Bluetooth though. It's 2020, a dongle attachment required is unacceptable.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I'm confused about all this talk about adaptive triggers when this controller still doesn't have proper triggers... Like wtf..

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the look of the controller I think there's a very good chance Sony is going with a V shaped design for the console.

Sahand

Oct 28, 2017
Quick Comparison vs DS4
ddYiOMr.jpg

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All I can picture is how dirty these controllers are going to be

Oct 28, 2017
The old design was timeless, which is an invaluable feature. This design is futuristic, and will age poorly because of it. Personally i think it looks ugly as sin, and lacks the mature design sensibility of sony product design. I'm worried about the console now.

rebelcrusader

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the handles look like they were taken straight off the xbox one controller

This is all good news and perhaps this controller will be usable

Stickman

Oct 27, 2017
The front light bar is a BIG PROBLEM for me. I have to cover the light bar on the DS4 with tape because i can't handle the visual distraction. This looks hard to cover with tape. Hopefully it can be turned completely off this time

Simuly

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 8, 2019
Yeah, we don't know the 'dynamic range', so to speak, of the tension. Patent filings suggest something very promising - from very loose, all the way up to a dead stop on trigger travel. But we will have to see - I feel they could do a blog post/video on the triggers alone, to explain these details.

Wow that would be epic, let's hope so.

Mar 11, 2019
I like the look of it, and it seems like the small adjustments in design will give it a better fit in the hand. Also glad they kept the touch button, but sad that they did not standard implement back buttons. I guess it will remain a standalone attachable peripheral.

I think this might also give us an idea of the PS5 color scheme.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting on paper but I will instantly turn off all feedback and vibration. Wastes battery and distracts me, I never understood these things but to each their own. Hope it works on PC without too much fuss. I keep only one controller on hand that I share between PC and PS4, so once I sell the PS4, I hope this can take over that duty.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Overall I quite like it. Very slick. I think it might have looked better if the sticks were white as well, but I can see that looking dingy quickly.

Very unhappy that the light bar is still there though. It's obnoxious.

Sherbert

Oct 27, 2017
Looks a bit weird but need to see it in person. Would prefer flat black and coloured buttons. Be interesting to see the console design now. Hope it's not 2 tone, that could be strange.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. I'll continue to buy Sony consoles and complain about stupid design decisions. Why would I buy I console I dont want? Or are you of the opinion that you have to love everything about the console you buy?
Polls showed that the majority loves the placement of the sticks on the DualSchock controllers. It's just great ^_^

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
What does best selling controller mean? I mean, that's nice but should not be the reason why it's compatible. It's compatible because it should. We had peripherals not working on a new console for arbitrary reasons (mostly mighty) enough.
It means there's a large userbase to just abandon. The new one has some new haptic feedback stuff which could result in sony ditching ds4 compatibility but they might just allow it coz too many people have it.