• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should the abbreviation be?

• DS

Votes: 341 13.4%
  • DS5

Votes: 1,674 65.6%
  • DSe

Votes: 181 7.1%
  • DSns

Votes: 37 1.4%
  • DSense

Votes: 295 11.6%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 25 1.0%

• Total voters

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Here's another alternative colour style I did.
kzYdba8.jpg

It looks like its wearing coveralls

😂😂

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that looks a lot more different from the DS4 than I was expecting. Not sure yet if I think it looks cool or ugly as hell. But I'm sure it will be a great controller, love the DS4 (except for the build quality).

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
That looks pretty cool for a Playstation controller. Good job from Sony there. So we have some ideas what design direction the console could take huh…

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, hoping gyro becomes a default option for next gen games.
It appears they did a great job with it. Even the name is better. :P
Hoping the PS5 has a similar design with the two-tone theme. Just gorgeous.
Yeah hoping for something similar looking console. I will do miss colored button tough. Easier to identify them specially for people with visual issues

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
This looks like it would show up on the second page of amazon searching for "controller for Windows". I got a DS4, Switch Pro, and XBO elite all on my desk, and those all look better. The hell, Sony?

Simuly

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 8, 2019
Programmable trigger tension, and trigger rumble, are quite different things.

Trigger tension? That could actually add a lot to immersion but I'm not sure if the level of tension I am thinking about would be possible in a wireless controller. If it's just slightly more tension then that's a shame.

Diagol

Oct 25, 2017
That looks freaking amazing (and USB-C yay)! What I care about though is how it feels, and the battery life. PLEASE let the battery life be much better compared to the DS4.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
The Xbox One was far and above the best controller of this gen, and I say that as someone who mostly plays on PS4. A more natural grip, offset analog sticks (with a nice no-slip texture to them as well), a clicky d-pad, good bumpers, and big triggers that are comfortable to rest your hands on.

I'm seriously tired of Sony's obsession with symmetrical sticks. That shit ain't comfortable.

Depends on your hands, I will always prefer symmetrical, the only thing I liked more on my Xbox one controller including the elite over my DS4 was the triggers and the battery life. Outside of those two things I would pick my DS4 and probably this PS5 thing over any Xbox controller I have ever had. /shrug

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the fact that it has multiple built in mics is going to be brought up a looooooot in the coming months regarding privacy and spying

it seems to have a button for muting the mic so it should be relatively alright

btw, iirc, it was rumored that sony was going to have some sort of cortana equivalent on ps5

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Doesn't look great to me but I'm sure it'll play fine. Dualshock 4 was at least a nice upgrade from prior gens where there were literally 3rd party controllers that were better than what Sony made. This looks like a (to me) uglier DS4, and I don't spend a lot of time looking at the controller while playing.

I do find it weird how much attention they're putting on haptics and the triggers and such... Gimmicky controller shit always sounds sort of neat (Switch HD rumble, speaker in the Wiimote, XB1 impulse triggers, GC clicky analog triggers, PS4 touchpad, etc) and then it never makes a difference for anything except one or two demo games.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
This looks futuristic if you stopped watching entertainment after 2005. Modern futurism is ultra minimalist, not this Xbox 360 reject.

Munstre

Mar 7, 2020
I don't know why the dual colour thing is such an issue for some people, the white DS4 doesn't look too far from this.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Ok Why remove a row of the hoels from the monospeaker in order to make room for the new microphone button? This is a huge sacrifice that will hinder the sound experience.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I think the design is quite telling. I feel the PS5 design will be quite futuristic, but in a cheesy way....as in almost fan made prototype mock up.

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
Looks Fucking great. I hope it's more like the Xbox controller and it looks like it is. DS4 is alright but it's ugly as hell. This looks MUCH better. The look of this controller bodes well for the console

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
Looks like the Dualshock 4 grew an exosceleton!

Not the prettiest, but I think it looks comfortable to hold compared to previous PS controllers. Looking forward to getting it in my hands.

Now, I wonder what the console will look like to match it.

Shepherd

Oct 25, 2017
Looks very ugly. But the sad part is that it doesnt look like it has the back paddle from the get go.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
So in other words you want an Xbox controller with asymmetrical analogs. Go use that if you want. Stop trying to make Sony change that.
No. I'll continue to buy Sony consoles and complain about stupid design decisions. Why would I buy I console I dont want? Or are you of the opinion that you have to love everything about the console you buy?