• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What should the abbreviation be?

• DS

Votes: 341 13.4%
  • DS5

Votes: 1,674 65.6%
  • DSe

Votes: 181 7.1%
  • DSns

Votes: 37 1.4%
  • DSense

Votes: 295 11.6%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 25 1.0%

• Total voters

Aladan

Dec 23, 2019
After comparing the pictures with my Controllers I can say that the PS5 one is bulkier on the sides and seems to be a little bit bigger overall.

angel_deamon

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Jan 8, 2018

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
The Xbox One was far and above the best controller of this gen, and I say that as someone who mostly plays on PS4. A more natural grip, offset analog sticks (with a nice no-slip texture to them as well), a clicky d-pad, good bumpers, and big triggers that are comfortable to rest your hands on.

I'm seriously tired of Sony's obsession with symmetrical sticks. That shit ain't comfortable.
Depends on your hands, I find asymmetrical sticks incredible frustrating because my thumb isn't that high up on the controller.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
I think the white with black accents looks weird, BUT, I saw an all black mock up that looked fantastic. I think its the the white that's throwing people off.

Nov 28, 2017
Can't wait to see some translucency on this thing

I bet the PS5 Pro will flip the main console/controller color like how Xbox did with the 360 Pro/Elite

saket08

Jun 13, 2019
It looks great. I was not expecting this big of a change and those Sticks looks more grippy though which is great!!
P.S. the dual tone is good bit still I would like all black one

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017
Looks great. My only wish is that they would maintain the four colors on the face button shapes. Otherwise, looks solid. A bit more like the xbox controller which is fine by me. It only matters how it feels and works, not how it looks.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Really thought was a random off brand controller. Well, at least they got rid of the light bar... Mostly...

yerrr

Banned
Nov 19, 2019
Looks like an improvement in terms of shape and I like the two-tone color scheme. Bodes well for the console design, no way its just a black box.

The triggers still look like trash tho.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I really like it! Looks very different from not only what PlayStation has done before but controllers in general.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
so the console will be white, is not?

the controller is ugly, the black mockup however is gorgeous

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
The Xbox One was far and above the best controller of this gen, and I say that as someone who mostly plays on PS4. A more natural grip, offset analog sticks (with a nice no-slip texture to them as well), a clicky d-pad, good bumpers, and big triggers that are comfortable to rest your hands on.

I'm seriously tired of Sony's obsession with symmetrical sticks. That shit ain't comfortable.
You do realize millions of other people (many millions) will just as vehemently disagree with you? I cannot play anything on Xbox pads besides shooters and racers. I hate the stick layout, the oval buttons and think it's one of the worse d-pads. It's very very personal and completely unique to each individual what controller you like. There is hardly any denying that DS4 layout is pretty much standard though.

Wumbo64

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I heard this entire post in his voice:
fgyIHSyCbD_7WJ30Ctslgw41_H17xet4DX9jdz5klpCBU0ZvCo-ouyrL10zsAit1TqIlWrX_D6VXI8c4niicbh2JO4Hyx8NHhB6tihnCitRa1qeG_f4jzRwpvcDjQXCuSWV7am8lfwkCzcAc5Jw

I am flattered to be compared to Peter O Toole. Thanks!

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to seeing what different colours they come up with over time. Having that two tone look gives lots of options. Mix and match different colours or make both the same for a solid colour look.

Mohsenix

Mar 31, 2018
I dig it. It looks more expensive than the DS4.

The L1/R1 buttons got HUGE which I actually prefer.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Its the two tone colour scheme that's putting people off it seems, although I'm glad to hear they're looking at making the battery life strong.

I wonder if this means PS5 will be white?

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Now we're talking! Some news. Interesting look. The adaptive triggers sound like Xbox One's haptic triggers so if it gets more 3rd parties to build that in their games, that would be cool.