• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What should the abbreviation be?

• DS

Votes: 341 13.4%
  • DS5

Votes: 1,674 65.6%
  • DSe

Votes: 181 7.1%
  • DSns

Votes: 37 1.4%
  • DSense

Votes: 295 11.6%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 25 1.0%

• Total voters
Nov 5, 2017
The DualSense fits Ashley's Outfit.
Ashley_horizon.png

Mass Effect 4 when?

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Just thought about it: as there is barely anything new that would break compatibility, we can at least use the DS4 on PS5 if that is a better option for some.
Expecting them to allow ds4 since its the best selling controller of all time. And also expecting them to allow back button attachment to be compatible with this controller as well.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
I like it, but yeah it looks like a controller. Hints at the default console color, which I would not want to be white.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
King of what? Shitty d-pads? Horrible drift issues?
The Xbox One was far and above the best controller of this gen, and I say that as someone who mostly plays on PS4. A more natural grip, offset analog sticks (with a nice no-slip texture to them as well), a clicky d-pad, good bumpers, and big triggers that are comfortable to rest your hands on.

I'm seriously tired of Sony's obsession with symmetrical sticks. That shit ain't comfortable.

angel_deamon

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Jan 8, 2018
  • Correct position and location of Sticks
  • more ergonomic shape
  • Looks to have great D-Pad and face buttons
  • Uses Gyro. hopefully, developers will use it more(looking at you Xbox controller)
  • built-in battery is great
  • USB-C
  • New Haptic feedback and tension in triggers
  • New awsome look

Looks to be perfect Controller. Hopefully, build quality will be better

stop reading at the fist bullet, no way they are in correct position

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
  • more ergonomic shape
  • Uses Gyro. hopefully, developers will use it more(looking at you Xbox controller)
  • USB-C
  • New awsome look

Surprised to see aligned sticks, and the reason why I thought these were a knock-off.

But after reading this list I'm pretty excited to try it!

My guess is that paddles will be on the pro-version.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
wow

so it is ugly, feedback on triggers is something xbox already does today, and i keep seeing lights and a touch pad....not a fan of that

meh

I hope I can keep using my Xbox controller on my ps5 (i use it today on my ps4)

NavyPharaoh

Oct 27, 2017
It looks next gen, but I'll hold off judgement until I use it.

1 thing that is dumb is the symbols above the share and options buttons. On xbox one I never knew what to call those buttons. So PS chooses to copy that, but not the joystick placement...

Munstre

Mar 7, 2020
I feel like the lengthy delays to TLOU2 and most likely GoT means that Sony is now going to open up more and more about PS5 since they are not stepping on anyone's toes anymore.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
  • more ergonomic shape
  • USB-C
  • New awsome look

Yeah, hoping gyro becomes a default option for next gen games.
It appears they did a great job with it. Even the name is better. :P
Hoping the PS5 has a similar design with the two-tone theme. Just gorgeous.

Wumbo64

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok this is just ridiculous. There's not liking the design and there's taking the piss like this comment is. I'm starting to think some people are just coming in here to shit on the controller for reasons.

I look at hardware all day long, this is not far removed from the complete lack of taste that some PC hardware manufacturers have. You know, making shit that looks like a fucking transformer's shoulder paldron?

This is just the opposite direction where we make a device with no edges, and no personality. Like they watched a sci-fi movie from 2004 and thought this is what everything should look like.

There is liking shit that is tacky/ugly because it's fun, then there is this...

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Let me turn off the light and allow my back button attachment to work and I'll love it.

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
Dualshock 4 is my favorite controller of all time. I really, really liked it. Not a fan of how easily the rubber in the joysticks peeled off though
I also really like to play with the DS4 but it had to many little issues for me, like the battery, the rubber on the sticks or the touchpad. I 'm also not a fan of the look of the DS4, but yeah luckily that's not so important in the end.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
I'm more worried about the d-pad looking more flat and the controller seemingly being chunkier. If it's good for fighting games, it'll be okay. Also, if the triggers are mushy that would suck too. Battery life hopefully has also greatly improved. The colors are ugly, but that's an easy fix and ds4s have a lot colors already. I don't like the way it looks in general but colors def aren't getting me worried here.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I really like the look, the dual toning will allow them some flexibility in the future but I thought it looked really slick

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
"DualSense marks a radical departure from our previous controller offerings and captures just how strongly we feel about making a generational leap with PS5. The new controller, along with the many innovative features in PS5, will be transformative for games – continuing our mission at PlayStation to push the boundaries of play, now and in the future. To the PlayStation community, I truly want to thank you for sharing this exciting journey with us as we head toward PS5's launch in Holiday 2020. We look forward to sharing more information about PS5, including the console design, in the coming months."

– Jim Ryan, President & CEO, Sony Interactive Entertainment

________

Still pushing for holiday 2020 i guess.