• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What should the abbreviation be?

• DS

Votes: 341 13.4%
  • DS5

Votes: 1,674 65.6%
  • DSe

Votes: 181 7.1%
  • DSns

Votes: 37 1.4%
  • DSense

Votes: 295 11.6%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 25 1.0%

• Total voters

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Since we were talking about it in the other PS thread, d-pad comparison:
whats-new-with-sonys-dualshock-4_84a7.jpg

3102646-0810361084-psvit.jpg

Closest one is the DS4.

Wumbo64

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I cannot believe there are so many people here that like this utterly hideous thing.

Companies work for decades to make controllers not look like monstrosities and then this vibrator comes along and gets eaten up.

Just ew.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I can only hope that the advanced rumble stuff isn't immediately forgotten like on Xbox (unless I'm wrong?)

gizmodo.com

Xbox One Controller Hands On: Rumbling Triggers Are Freaking Awesome

You probably heard Microsoft mention that the new Xbox One controllers have 40 new features to make them easier to use. That's true! But a few really take the cake. And the rumbling triggers are going to be the biggest.

Personally think it looks pretty neat, I am terrified of game chat on COD with those open mics tho. Luckily Xbox is my MP console and I am exclusively in a party lol.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Looks weird, colors are likely only for the prototype. It looks beefier than the DS4, I think it will feel great in hands.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Because its not.. seriously, everything they said we knew already.. their new feature "create" refused to talk about

soo we go from

January -> logo
March -> Tech lecture
April -> Controller pic with 0 new info about it feature

Great marketing strategy

Considering they didn't hype up this announcement at all and nobody was expecting PS5 news today, I think this meets the requirements for being newsworthy enough for a random Tuesday.

"This isn't news!" cries one person in a thread that hits 30 pages in half an hour. You're literally the only one complaining that this somehow isn't worth making a PS Blog post about.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Yeah, about this, I hope this haptic feedback won't be advertised and then forgotten like the Switch's 3D Rumble.

I still remember the enthusiastic tweets from devs and people who had tried the switch and... well, let's say I now take these takes with a giant grain of salt.

I mean Nintendo is at least making good use of it. Luigi's Mansion 3 was awesome with it.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
looking at it, those face buttons have really bizarrely wide spacing. I am also not a fan of parallel sticks at all, they are hand cancer, but I mean, I guess I shouldn't have expected different in the DS lineup.

Jun 23, 2019
I cannot believe there are so many people here that like this utterly hideous thing.

Companies work for decades to make controllers not look like monstrosities and then this vibrator comes along and gets eaten up.

Just ew.

Ok this is just ridiculous. There's not liking the design and there's taking the piss like this comment is. I'm starting to think some people are just coming in here to shit on the controller for reasons.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
It looks like it has the Vita d-pad, which is the best d-pad, ever. So, best looking controller I've seen from next gen.