• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should the abbreviation be?

• DS

Votes: 341 13.4%
  • DS5

Votes: 1,674 65.6%
  • DSe

Votes: 181 7.1%
  • DSns

Votes: 37 1.4%
  • DSense

Votes: 295 11.6%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 25 1.0%

• Total voters

JaggedSac

Oct 25, 2017
Burbs of Atlanta
UfGD0bH.png

added the color buttons back

Aces

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Not a fan of the microphones on the controller.

Just what we needed... to hear voice and someone else's TV on my headphones.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm I am gonna have to get used to the design. I have grown to like the look of the PS5 dev kit, so I am sure the same could be said for this controller.

This is definitely not a design I expected, but in a sense, kept the same concept of the DualShock controllers. I guess that shouldnt surprise me.

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda dig the look. Bummed they seem to using the same triggers and sticks though

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
Utterly hideous but okay. I hope the console looks better, but then I've always hated PS design so maybe they don't cater to my taste.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a Switch Pro Controller (With a tacky white paint) :p

At least they are finally trying something different (Even if minimal), maybe ergonomics are closer to Xbox/Nintendo controllers this time.

igordennis

Oct 25, 2017
Oh God no at the microphone.

I get to hear some dude letting his kid die in the background or some shit like post-Kinect Xbox Live.

What year do some of you guys live in? Any multiplayer game these days is a fucking silent town because everyone is in party chats with their friends. And pretty much EVERY game allows an easy to use "mute everyone" in the lobby button.

And I'm sure you will be able to fully disable the mic at a system level for the ps5 anyway... It's really a non-issue.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
dont like it, but who am i to critize it.
Hope it feels good in hands, also, that lack of pictures of the back...i really hope it has buttons or something there.

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
This thing is sexy as hell imo. Has also nice features. Still a bit salty about the xsx controller, this one seems much cooler

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
Looks comfortable to hold. I was sure they would add extra buttons like that accessory they added for DS4 recently. Or maybe it is compatible with that. Hope they have button on the bottom though. And they use it for Push To Talk!

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Sony is really not playing it safe this gen huh?
I'm loving this!

It's like a mix of old school Sony that liked to take risks while maintaining an easy architecture to build games for. Sounds like we're getting the best of both worlds from them!

FirewalkR

Oct 27, 2017
London
Holy crap where did this come from. Took eyes off of Era for half an hour, this thing shows up and it's already on 23 pages lol

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
Looks ok to me.

No interest in getting a PS5 right now but I've been alternating between PS and Xbox controllers each generation on PC, so I'll buy one of these to start using for PC games this year.

Razors4edge

Nov 12, 2017
Looks cool. Will it work as Dualshock 4 v2, by having the option to send info over USB, or only wireless like Dualshock 4?

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
Looks decent but I don't care for the two-tone color. Maybe if the black/was switched around. I hope they release a pure black version. Can't wait to hold it and see what it's like.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Sony bizarre marketing strategy with PS5 continues. That said, controller looks ok. Too many dust trap tho.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
But what about that heartbeat sensor? Wasn't that a real patent or just a rumor? Because that would set it apart from Xbox, right now it just sounds like the are doing what Xbox One has been doing al along, which is fine with me, all good.