• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What should the abbreviation be?

• DS

Votes: 341 13.4%
  • DS5

Votes: 1,674 65.6%
  • DSe

Votes: 181 7.1%
  • DSns

Votes: 37 1.4%
  • DSense

Votes: 295 11.6%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 25 1.0%

• Total voters

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
bf7abf23d76c269220ca9994c69f594f.png

I kinda love it.

Nice to see Sony adopt the "hamburger button" (the 'three horizontal lines') one.

Lmao!

I like the shape and design, not a fan of the colors. All white would be perfect.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Looks awesome. Glad Sony is doing something a bit different. Hope the console looks similar.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
How about a controller that I could split in two and use relaxed, or as a VR wands?

Let me know if I can get those, PlayStation.

Fliep

Banned
Feb 13, 2018
I don't care about the white color as there will be multiple options, I guess. (Would never get a white controller as my xbox 360 ones looked really used after a short amount of time)
I am not fond of keeping the touchpad in the middle of the controller - never really got the use of it.
Does the name Dual Sense instead of Dual Shock indicate some other hidden aspects of the controller? I once read that they want to put sensors in the controller which can track the pulse and stuff like that...or maybe I am misremembering.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
It looks more comfortable to actually hold than the rest of the ps controllers but the thumbstick placement is still awful.

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
not sure about the look but i need to hold it,if it feels great i won't give a shit.

Rurunaki

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping the ps5 console follows the same color scheme. Loving those clear buttons. Now give us the classic grey color and an all black.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that they haven't shown the back of the controller makes me think it's got paddles and they want it to be a big surprise.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
You know, I'm glad this is a sign that it won't be an all Black launch console for once. Liked the controller, looks different enough.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the tiny mute button is GREAT though. i never want to hear children breathing heavily through their mics in warzone again. will also force people to communicate in team based multiplayer games like overwatch

that being said keeping the light on despite being an almost universally hated feature of the DS4 is hilarious

Oct 27, 2017
This looks like an upgrade all things considered, even if it looks a bit generic now.

But what about the Gyro-sensor?

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the touchpad will finally get some interesting use or if it's mostly there to ensure backwards compatibility.

Nov 5, 2017
It seems so random that Sony drops this piece of information in a Tuesday...Without any fanfare or hype....just a random tweet.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
the only reason why it looks odd is this white on white color scheme. it blends in with the background and it looks weird as hell.

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
At first I was like ew but after a minute of looking at it I think I love it.

Thought the ps4 trigger attachment meant they were going to included them in the ps5 controller. Not really fussed they didn't though.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
color scheme looks ugly as hell but it actually looks comfortable to hold which is great

neat that they've added in HD rumble and the adaptive triggers

except for the left stick placement it should be a great controller

Kalem

May 23, 2019
Overall shape reminds me of the Xbox controller but the buttons look small and oddly positioned. Like the color scheme tho

Edit:

Also those ridges look like they will absolutely fill with gunk and cheetoh dust.

Last edited: