• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should the abbreviation be?

• DS

Votes: 341 13.4%
  • DS5

Votes: 1,674 65.6%
  • DSe

Votes: 181 7.1%
  • DSns

Votes: 37 1.4%
  • DSense

Votes: 295 11.6%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 25 1.0%

• Total voters

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
After selling an add on attachment for backbuttons for DS4... I would be shocked if this didn't have back buttons... but who knows, maybe it doesn't? No reason why they wouldn't talk about it now, in that PS Blog post.
yeah no mention of it in the blog post means there's probably not else to say about it. Its possible there will be an attachment for DS5 as well though.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
This seems to be another feature of the controller some of you might actually be annoyed with.

This new controller retains the feature where your movie will be fast-forwarded or rewinded when you set the controller down on the table.

9n28ahlcwhr41.jpg

Ugggggh

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Now that I am digesting this, I am disappointed with Microsoft has not followed suit.

No next-gen vibration? No actuators? This means 3rd parties won't use them much on PS5 or PC.

Microsoft is not prioritizing input innovation enough . Perhaps because of focus on their laser-focus on best-in-class traditional horsepower.

Oct 25, 2017
Hype and tech details aside, I really hope these aren't suuuuper exorbitant price-wise. Crazy to think we've hit a point where controllers are retailing for more $$ than a launch AAA game.

Lol nice. 😮
Did you happen to make one for the Joy cons back when it was shown? DualSense Senpai needs company. 😋

I'll make one when I'm less lazy :P

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Really love all the strangely visceral reactions from some people in this thread, hahaha.

I'd prefer a solid color, but this looks great overall. Really hope this is an indication that the console will be white.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Its actually grown on me after looking at it for a while. I like it. The DualShock 4 and the PS4 gave off this neo-futuristic feel and the console itself looked really sleek.

PS5 seems to be going down the sci-fi route and this controller looks like it was pulled directly out of Passengers or Oblivion.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Guys, is this the first standard console controller with haptic feedback or we had them before?

Pleasant!

Nov 1, 2017
I like it. Though I have a habit of liking things and then looking back 4 or 5 years later and going "whaaat?" Should be plenty of color varieties by then though. My main concern is battery life. I use xbox one and ps4 controllers with equal ease but I'm a convert to the quickswap of batteries over charging cables. My launch ds4 battery life was pretty terrible and my ps4 pro version is moderately better, but my anxious brain always reserves a tiny bit of worry over when it's gonna run out.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Really love all the strangely visceral reactions from some people in this thread, hahaha.

I'd prefer a solid color, but this looks great overall. Really hope this is an indication that the console will be white.
If this is any indication, the look of the console will be really appealing to me.

I hope it keeps the same dual tone white, and black design with blue light.

NinjaBoiX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'll never understand why people give a fuck what a controller looks like, it's a functional device not an ornament.

"This pen writes beautifully but man it's ugly."

What?

Zushin

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Actually super glad it took some cues from the Xbox design I think. I love PlayStation but the Xbox one controller was my preferred pad for my hands so this is good for me personally!

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
This seems to be another feature of the controller some of you might actually be annoyed with.

This new controller retains the feature where your movie will be fast-forwarded or rewinded when you set the controller down on the table.

9n28ahlcwhr41.jpg
Just keeping the tradition of accidentally attacking an NPC in a Souls game when you put the controller down.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I bet it feels like a dream and don't dispute in-use concerns will probably melt away, but fuck me white on white looks stupid initially

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would be cool if the light bar not only kept the ability to change colours depending on whether you were player 1, 2, etc, but if particular sections could light up, e.g the upper half of the left side is P1, lower left is P2, etc.

Timlot

Banned
Nov 27, 2019
Now that I am digesting this, I am disappointed with Microsoft has not followed suit.

No next-gen vibration? No actuators? This means 3rd parties won't use them much on PS5 or PC.

Microsoft is not prioritizing input innovation enough . Perhaps because of focus on their laser-focus on best-in-class traditional horsepower.

Yeah I was disappointed Microsoft didn't innovate on the controller front myself. Maybe it allowed them to put their cost into the core console. Got to believe the research and tooling for a new controller is an expensive endeavor. Would be shocked if PS5 comes in below $499. Judging from social media response they would still sell at that price so what the incentive for Sony to price it lower?

Oct 28, 2019

If you think that you haven't been paying attention. Microsoft focused on reducing input lag and rumble triggers are in the Xbox one controller, so seems like they had next gen rumble covered.

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
Is there any suggestion that the new "Create" button is actually physically different from the DS4 share button? I assume it's the one to the left of the touchpad? Just looks like a regular button to me. Seems weird to highlight it here if any difference in what it does is on the console software side rather than the controller hardware.

Dec 31, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Trolling, Platform Warring; Prior Bans for Trolling
I cannot fathom thinking the Xbox d pad is better. It's awful.
Why would anyone want disconnected dpad arrows though? It goes against dpad design since the beginning of time, it's simply wrong.

Dont you get it tough, we had "nextgen" trigger rumbles on Xbox One and then 3D rumble on Switch, and the reality is, nobody gave a shit. No one is asking for those features and it's more than likely to add to the cost of the controller and be forgotten a few months after PS5 release. Adding a few rumbles here and there doesn't add to the experience, it's a freaking controller! What it needs is to be confortable in hands and precise for playing video games.

Also, the last part of your post makes no sense and has nothing to do with controllers, but I can understand that your scared that your favorite plastic box has less focus on horsepower and instead has haptic feedback that won't show up on screen and that will be forgotten by this time next year.