• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What should the abbreviation be?

• DS

Votes: 341 13.4%
  • DS5

Votes: 1,674 65.6%
  • DSe

Votes: 181 7.1%
  • DSns

Votes: 37 1.4%
  • DSense

Votes: 295 11.6%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 25 1.0%

• Total voters

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
This looks like one of those fake mock ups you'd find on YouTube ten years ago that would say "PS5 Design Revealed"

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
And how did MS took advantage of that space?
xbox_series_x_controller_1920.jpg

They did nothing with it. Crammed OS buttons there and called it a day.

On DS4 and DS5 at least we have touchpad and two physical buttons underneath it. It's not much, but at least they are added inputs.

IMO, this cannot be wasted space if Sony is the only one that is actually trying to take advantage of it.
Well for one, they have bigger start / select buttons.

They could be the better company and start using it. Why not have 5 buttons there to provide easier navigation access and what not. It's a bummer.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And how did MS took advantage of that space?
xbox_series_x_controller_1920.jpg

They did nothing with it. Crammed OS buttons there and called it a day.

On DS4 and DS5 at least we have touchpad and two physical buttons underneath it. It's not much, but at least they are added inputs.

IMO, this cannot be wasted space if Sony is the only one that is actually trying to take advantage of it.

They're taking advantage by not having a controller so wide.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When you see this new controller and a white 360 controller right after each other it really hammers home how much better this new controller looks. We have come a long way aesthetically.

The 360 controller now looks a Fisher Price toy. And I say that as someone who loved his 360 Controller for PC to death.

49747503557_566da5ebc8_3k.jpg

Xbox-360-Wireless-Controller-Blast-from-the-Past-Bundle-Used

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Looks about as fine as any other controller. The blue light will probably make the color look way better.

Tell me more about this haptic feedback. Are we getting HD Rumble but better, an equivalent of it or the same stuff we've had with rumble for years?

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So now there are 8 buttons on the face of the controller (not including the d-pad and the touchpad). Alrighty then.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Like it alot. Looks sleek. Usually im more a fan of pure black consoles and controllers, but if thers a color combination i love is black and white. Hope the console will also be black and white.

Controller new feautures are great, but i hope the batery has been much improved compared to dualshock4.

strife85

Oct 30, 2017
people are sleeping on the built in mic. that's huge for online play. As long as it's not as bad as using a ps camera mic.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
They improve the controller even more and I swear, some of you did this last cycle as if your eyes are fixated on it all the time.

It looks much more comfortable and premium but eh, who am I as I like almost all the controllers out there from the 3 main companies.

G_Zero

alt account
Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Uh... i recall joking around about them with my SO some weeks ago, tbh...

This google thing creeped me out a little. Thanks, Era.
It's not necessarily that Google is listening in on your conversations. Your profile(based on location, supercookies, youtube history, etc.) might just place you in a category that the algorithm thinks is likely to shop for adult toys.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
You have light on the back:

49747502797_ba4ef26976_3k.jpg

[it's black there but I think the light "moves" around the touch or can stay bright in case of VR]

Problem is that since there is less light surface, probably there will be even more drifting?
Why would they have a light there? It's not like PSVR2 will use outside in tracking with a camera. Outside-in is dead, PSVR2 will HAVE to use inside-out if they want any traction at all.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
Built in mic is a great add on so you can at least talk to a random group in multi.

super disappointed in the lack of paddles, after Sony releasing the add on for PS4 I thought it would surely be there

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
It looks weird head-on because of the color blocking, but that angled profile pic looks very similar to a PS4 controller.

I didn't invest in the back paddle attachment, but expected it to be a prescursor of a feature in the PS5 controller.

Gxgear

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Colour suggest that the PS5 will be white also be default. Hopefully they'll have black as well on launch.

Looks like they basically gave the dualshock a rounder form factor to address the common complaint of the controller being too small.

Last edited:

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Though it doesn't get used much, I wish they would have moved the trackpad to the bottom to make it more accessible for people with small hands.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, those bumpers and triggers don't look great. Tired of the four-finger rest on the shoulders for Sony controllers. Even the Joy-Cons got this right.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
The worst part is the black PS button. Whyyyy
This is the only thing that really bugs me. I don't like most of the other mockups, but the all white one is amazing, and I think if the official controller used the all color PS logo like in that design it'd be way better.

May 22, 2018
I think it looks great! Not crazy about the white due to it getting dirty, but really all that matters is that it's comfortable.