• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should the abbreviation be?

• DS

Votes: 341 13.4%
  • DS5

Votes: 1,674 65.6%
  • DSe

Votes: 181 7.1%
  • DSns

Votes: 37 1.4%
  • DSense

Votes: 295 11.6%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 25 1.0%

• Total voters

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
ZpG5vs0.jpg

Pink anyone?

Oct 27, 2017
Im immensely disappointed by the lack of extra buttons. Games are getting complicated. Back buttons make FPS games immensely more convenient. An attachment needs to happen at launch, because I dont want to go back to using the face buttons in FPS games.

Also, I love the mute mic button, it's basically a useful push to talk button
They sell an attachment if you want for the PS4 controller, it'll probably be compatible with this one

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Do you guys want real triggers? I was never a fan of the triggers on the PS3 or PS4 controllers.

Bing-Bong

Banned
Feb 1, 2019
Not for me, I get only tubs certified by Cerny itself:

dual-sense.png

maybe you get those thanks to your search history...
I've got lots of tubs, beds and weird mixtapes too, but a sex toy appeared out of nowhere too and i though it was kind of funny.

GZVPJu8.jpg

My browser doesn't save my search history, so... idk.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
After seeing those devkit controllers I'm just happy and frankly proud of Sony for turning out such a unique looking controller. It may not be the prettiest but it is a head turner.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I've been craving the Dualshocks to have something like what Xbox has where you can custom make your controllers. This is probably the perfect size and space for them to be more creative with colors and possibly set up something like that for themselves (for Sony that is).

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Why fix what ain't broken though...
I don't think going in a different direction visually is "fixing" anything. It's simply changes in the direction they are going with the new console. I like what this communicates visually. I'm getting something familiar but quite different from previous PlayStations.

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
Took about 5 minutes to get over it being weird and appreciate it for looking cool. I only wish the dpad and face buttons were black for additional contrast.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
I have an Xbox One and didn't realize they had this same type of haptic feedback. I don't know the technology behind it. The rumble in Xbox One feels the same to me as any other rumble. And same for the rumble in the Switch controller, although maybe that is a bit more fine tuned. I dunno. Either way, I don't think improvements in rumble will be any type of game changer.
Triggers on xbox one have their own vibration, plus traditional gamepad rumble.

DualSense has force feedback pushing up the triggers [the button can fight back against finger press], and a very fancy vibration on the analogue sticks [still waiting on the confirmation of sticks can also push back against the finger]. No traditional gamepad rumble.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Once again what you say doesn't make sense. Having two sticks not in the same symmetrical position means one thumb is in a different position than the other. It's not possible for both thumbs to be in the most IDEAL positions if both sticks are asymmetrical. I'm not sure what you're on about but I'm glad Sony isn't changing their controller. You have options, so take them. People like myself will continue loving their controllers.
Of course you're not sure what I'm on about. That's been clear from your posts.

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks kinda ugly. Elegant is not even remotely the word that comes to mind when seeing it. Looks kinda tacky, like those supercooool spacy madcatz controller.
Though I give them credits for making it bulkier this time, almost like an Xbox controller.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
That they're still using these dumb not concave not convex sticks is a huge bummer. It even looks like the same material, which was never grippy enough to compensate for the inferior shape.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
It's too chunky for horizontal analog placement. The reason the Xbox controller can be chunky is because of the diagonal analog placement. It seems your hands will feel stretched.
Sounded like they said it feels smaller than it looks so the actual distance might be pretty similar to the DS4.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Triggers on xbox one have their own vibration, plus traditional gamepad rumble.

DualSense has force feedback pushing up the triggers [the button can fight back against finger press], and a very fancy vibration on the analogue sticks [still waiting on the confirmation of sticks can also push back against the finger]. No traditional gamepad rumble.
Hmm...I'm just going to have to get my hands on it to see what kind of difference it makes. I'd be shocked if it were any type of game changer. Nintendo hyped up there new rumble as well and now I feel like it's barely used.

Oct 27, 2017
They can't introduce the best back buttons I have ever used with the back button attachment then take that functionality away from me. It's going to be brutal.

Oct 25, 2017
So does it still have a speaker so that audio will come out from the controller??? It's a shamefully underutilized feature, but really cool when games did it on PS4, to simulate things like radio/walkie talkie calls, etc.