• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should the abbreviation be?

• DS

Votes: 341 13.4%
  • DS5

Votes: 1,674 65.6%
  • DSe

Votes: 181 7.1%
  • DSns

Votes: 37 1.4%
  • DSense

Votes: 295 11.6%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 25 1.0%

• Total voters

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
Btw chances are increasing that Sony will randomly drop a video with the teardown of the PS5 showing the console design and what's inside. LOL.
Seems like their marketing is basically focused around socials like twitter and instagram plus their blog and youtube.
The days of dedicated events where everything needs ten minutes of PR introduction seem to belong to the stone age.

pagrab

Oct 27, 2017
As many said on the forum - it resembles Astrobot color scheme which is ironic, since it breaks the compatibility with PSVR (no lightbar).

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm assuming that there are no colours on the action buttons (or whatever you call the buttons on the right side) because they have individual LEDs that light up when they receive feedback from the console, right? Like if a game says "press X" then the "X" button lights up? Because plain buttons are both more difficult for newcomers to learn and not as attractive to look at.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
wow this controller looks like shit. and it's still not coming with a removable battery.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
OCbtbvV.gif
The only thing both those controllers have in common is that they are both...controllers.
A lot of dislike for the controller in this forum...
I'm excited to see what the technical specs do for games.
Apparently, the poll shows that's not really the case.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Please do not have that sticker on the back that peels off after a few years and gets sticky stuff everywhere.

Nov 4, 2017
Funny how every armchair marketing expert criticises Sony's marketing approach for PS5, but we all lose our shit over every little (or big) reveal.

Personally I love the design. It looks comfortable to hold, and the new features sound interesting.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
So wait up there's also no paddles to configure? Why did they release that PS4 adapter?

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still team V design like the dev kit. Controller looks too concept for them not to go hard on a unique looking design.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, this looks awesome!

Love how different this looks from previous DualShock controllers. The white and black looks really snazzy, and the way it's designed creates a great template for custom colors.

Can't wait to get my hands on one. If I don't end up getting a PS5 this year this could always be my other PC controller.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like the look a lot.

But microphone on the controller sounds like a bad idea for multiplayer games.

Rex1157

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
I wouldn't worry about the color scheme. As with every generation, there will be a million different color schemes to choose from.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Do we know if there's no back buttons? I haven't seen a photo of the back of the controller

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like it. They should just sell it now and make it compatible with the PS4, that way the controllers will be out there and stress-tested prior to the PS5 release.

Yep. Greatest idea ever.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Woah at this point Sony will show the console in a blog post on a random day.