• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should the abbreviation be?

• DS

Votes: 341 13.4%
  • DS5

Votes: 1,674 65.6%
  • DSe

Votes: 181 7.1%
  • DSns

Votes: 37 1.4%
  • DSense

Votes: 295 11.6%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 25 1.0%

• Total voters

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's garish visually, and I'll really miss the 3.5 jack.

Ergonomically it looks fine.

Now tell us about backward/forward compatibility with accessories across PS4/PS5. That's more important to me than this being ugly.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
Come on, that's semantics. How do you become an enduring market leader (decades) without customers being more "centric" with regards to your products? There are clearly more Sony-centric posters on this board. Look at how quickly this thread has moved.
I think the difference is whether ResetEra is proportional to the market as a whole, or if it favors Sony more than the overall market.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
Really the only thing I care about is if durability is improved on the d-pad and you can de-sync your own wireless controller. That is such an obnoxious problem with the DS4s right now.

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Am I the only one who immediately thought it looked like an i8?
2015_bmw_i8_1530192921d208495dDSCN0336-940x705.jpg
Love that car. Look even better in person. Sound great too.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Lol, that looks slick. Wtf are ya'll smoking? You'll get an all black version. Jesus.

Castia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doesnt look official does it, looks like cheap matcatz knock off or something.

Fair play to them changing things up it's a big shift from the ds4 but I'm not a fan.

madgorillaz

Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit, it looks freaking beautiful. It has such a "premium" look to it, it's hard to describe. Are the face buttons the same size? It's hard to tell.

The only thing I don't like is that the face buttons don't have the iconic colors. Everything else is magnificent. I really love that they're trying to be different this generation.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, not sure I understand people calling it ugly. What makes a controller look good? I'm not looking at my controller when I'm playing. As long as it's comfortable that's all I care about.

Castia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doesnt look official does it, looks like cheap matcatz knock off or something.

Fair play to them changing things up it's a big shift from the ds4 but I'm not a fan.

I guess the console will have the same colour scheme and futuristic look.

Simuly

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 8, 2019
It's a grower I think though definitely not what I expected. Their emphasis on "sense" suggests it needs to be held to really appreciate it.

Overall I'm surprised but curious that Sony are taking so many risks, they really seem to be trying push something fresh and exciting for next gen rather than just a more powerful old-gen like last time.

Yes I got that sense from everything revealed so far. PS5 seems like Sony trying to push things again after the PS4 which by necessity had to be a more safe approach as they were facing bankruptcy as a company 7 years ago. So they were well advised not to try to innovate too much.

I know it's just a freaking controller but it looks futuristic and a more out-there design philosophy after the safe DS1/2/3/4.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I hope the Start and Create buttons are at a higher elevation than the ones on PS4, where their flushness with the controller body made them hard to feel and find without looking.

Held up my DS4 to it:
-Buttons are a little higher up than on DS4
-For example: Option button is now further away from the square button than DS4, but slightly closer to triangle than on DS4

Or wait, did you mean how far they protrude from the body of the controller? Let me compare again:
-They seem to stick out about twice what the DS4 buttons stick out, so you should be good!

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
No paddles? They still plan on selling that as a add on I guess? That would be disappointing.

As for the design, I like it, but I just don't like the default color scheme. EVIL's redesign with a all black controller and colored button icons is the best design IMO.

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
It looks cool enough... Matches my headphones and my PSVR. Think I'd prefer black but we'll see what options we have come launch.

Oct 20, 2018
I really don't like the built-in mic...

I might lookparanoïac. But we know that compagny lik Google use Alexa to listen to us.

And remember Kinect? They spied us too...

Pretty sure they made this built-in mic to spied on us mainly..