• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
All the people saying "How can they let him go?? C'mon America!" would be the same people saying "How can the police just scoop people up and detain them without having committed a crime? C'mon America!"

(The real what the fuck America part should be the $30,000+ bills people are presented with after involuntary hospitalization)

As someone who's had family involuntary hospitalized, it's not an easy process. You need to be able to prove they are a threat to themselves or others, you can't just incarcerate someone for 2-3 days because they're seriously upset or mentally ill. Melting down his social media is damaging to his career, but not his well being. Honestly, blasting everyone with slurs probably won him some new followers. I hope he gets the help he needs, but if he's actively refusing help it's a lot harder than people seem to think.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
All the people saying "How can they let him go?? C'mon America!" would be the same people saying "How can the police just scoop people up and detain them without having committed a crime? C'mon America!"

(The real what the fuck America part should be the $30,000+ bills people are presented with after involuntary hospitalization)

As someone who's had family involuntary hospitalized, it's not an easy process. You need to be able to prove they are a threat to themselves or others, you can't just incarcerate someone for 2-3 days because they're seriously upset or mentally ill. Melting down his social media is damaging to his career, but not his well being. Honestly, blasting everyone with slurs probably won him some new followers. I hope he gets the help he needs, but if he's actively refusing help it's a lot harder than people seem to think.
He is a threat to his own life though. Cops kill for less. With his need to live stream everything, all it takes is one cop to mistake his phone for a gun and he will get shot. Yesterday was done properly, who is to say it will go that well the next time.

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the doctor that diagnosed him with agitation even looked at his Twitter account, or if Etika was able to get by simply by "switching it off."

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
There's forced hospitalization, but you need to be a physical threat. Think Amanda Bynes setting someone's driveway on fire.

It's so bizarre how we lack compassion for people who haven't hit absolute rock bottom yet. But when they do, we say that we wish we could've done something.

Yeah, and we all know that the sooner you get treated, better will be the chance of recovery. Prevention is key.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
It's not like craving attention cannot be mixed with mental illness.
All of this feels kinda shitty, people enjoy drama a bit too much.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
At least everyone here will feel ok that they got to participate in the spectacle in real-time though, right? That is what this thread is about.

Nah I actually find this shock value bullshit really annoying.

I agree with you some people fit the bill though. I'm sure a lot of his idiotic fans are the same.

I really think people need to stop living off this bullshit streamer culture and being "fans" of people who film themselves being morons or just playing fucking videogames.

It's like these people go insane and/or lose their humanity being on a fucking camera in front of an audience constantly craving attention.

Shit gets to their heads.

Guy is "plugging his instagram" with SWAT at his fucking door. I guess that gets ATTENTION and it's CRAZY how he did it LIVE with THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WATCHING!!!1

Fucking delusional. Morons like Logan dipshit Paul are the same.

People really need stop living on fucking YouTube and Twitch.

Last edited:

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
People like to say get help but the help isn't always willing to be got.

My father had to lose everything and was on the brink of being homeless before he could accept the fact that there was something wrong with him.

Mental illness is no joke and I really hope that Etika gets the help he needs before it gets to that point for him.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
Nah I actually find this shock value bullshit really annoying.

I agree with you some people fit the bill though. I'm sure a lot of his idiotic fans are the same.

I really think people need to stop living off this bullshit streamer culture and being "fans" of people who film themselves being morons or just playing fucking videogames.

It's like these people go insane and/or lose their humanity being on a fucking camera in front of an audience constantly craving attention.

Shit gets to their heads.

Guy is "plugging his instagram" with SWAT at his fucking door. I guess that gets ATTENTION and it's CRAZY how he did it LIVE with THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WATCHING!!!1

Fucking delusional. Morons like Logan dipshit Paul are the same.

People really need stop living on fucking YouTube and Twitch.
Oh I totally agree. I was just saying that this thread serves no purpose other than rubbernecking now. And considering the guy seems to feed off the internet drama, it doesn't seem particularly positive or productive.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Oh I totally agree. I was just saying that this thread serves no purpose other than rubbernecking now. And considering the guy seems to feed off the internet drama, it doesn't seem particularly positive or productive.

There are certainly people who genuinely hope that he gets help and would like to know if he does. This thread would be a better place to check if that's happening than tracking his actual Twitter or Instagram, wouldn't it?

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
There are certainly people who genuinely hope that he gets help and would like to know if he does. This thread would be a better place to check if that's happening than tracking his actual Twitter or Instagram, wouldn't it?
When all of his antics and a lot of his posts are being re-posted here, I'm not sure there's much of a difference. It certainly seems like the more people watching, the weirder things get and the more he acts out on it. That's why I'm not sure gawking under the pretense of care (not everyone) is necessarily the best thing in this situation.

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
I've only seen this guy because he was in one of the videos from the dude that was sold the first Nintendo switch. What age range are his fans? Hopefully not kids because he is definitely mentally unstable...

Jun 17, 2018
What is this "destroyed forever" thing. That he shouldn't be allowed a platform to yell out racist and bigoted things means that "he's destroyed forever"? His ability to seek or receive help is not dependent on him having a platform to yell out and do stupid, racist things.

Lots of people from all around the world lose their jobs for spewing racist and bigoted things, why should this guy deserve any better than the rest of them?
It's clear he's not in his right mind, I'd like to believe he should be afforded a second chance to get well and right the wrongs. Maybe I believe in folks too much, cause if it came down to myself fucking up, I wouldn't want to be cancelled forever. But I guess that's just me

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
So after being set free he dox himself and now he's asking for someone to kill him

Yeah good job letting him go /s

Jun 17, 2018
What?

Lemme drop some knowledge since you're looking silly right now. First of all you need to know what a drive-by/hit and run post actually is. My post wasn't that.

or if you want another definition

I've been in this thread since it opened and I've posted numerous times and have always stayed on topic so no, my post was not a drive by post. You trying to label it that is just an example of you trying to cause static because you screwed up. Good job pal.

Next, that post you responded to was made after numerous posts by myself commenting on Etika's health and his safety.

My post was post 675 and I said

On that very same page earlier I said

That's not taking into account the other numerous posts I've made about Etika's health and his safety and nowhere have I said "I'm sick of him" or shown anything other than commenting on his health. You can literally go through this thread and see my comments. I've got receipts Skippy.

What you did is you took one thing I said and rather than ask what I meant like adults do before they make their judgement (or hell scrolling up and seeing what I meant) you assumed and now you're looking silly. Rather than saying "man I should have asked" or "man what did you mean" you're acting like I meant ill intent when the reality is no, you screwed up. Let alone the fact when confronted with the fact you're speaking more on his income rather than his health (which I've been commenting on the whole time) you pull the "BUT BUT YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ETTTIKKA SO Y-" card. You're off base here.

Bruh, get outta my face with this childish crap.
I can openly admit I didnt read through the whole thread, my mistake.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
It's clear he's not in his right mind, I'd like to believe he should be afforded a second chance to get well and right the wrongs. Maybe I believe in folks too much, cause if it came down to myself fucking up, I wouldn't want to be cancelled forever. But I guess that's just me

Why is not allowing him to broadcast his racist and bigoted rhetoric equals to "canceling him forever'? He could still get help once he's offline, and heck, you can strongly argue that him staying online actually makes the situation worse for him.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Etika's Twitter fans are literally the worst. I've got to stop looking at replies to his tweets because it just depresses me. I don't understand why anyone would want to harbor an audience like that.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
Etika's Twitter fans are literally the worst. I've got to stop looking at replies to his tweets because it just depresses me. I don't understand why anyone would want to harbor an audience like that.
bc his fans are dumb and send him stacks of cash anytime he asks lol, and it requires zero talent or effort from him to just act crazy and live it up from it. so why would he stop?

he's crazy but he's not gonna stop, all the publicity from threads like this, trending on twitter, kotaku, etc just make him act out more and more. just a self fueling engine at this point until it falls off the tracks

Jun 17, 2018
Why is not allowing him to broadcast his racist and bigoted rhetoric equals to "canceling him forever'? He could still get help once he's offline, and heck, you can strongly argue that him staying online actually makes the situation worse for him.
Staying online NOW I agree isn't good for his mental health. My stance is he shouldn't be banished forever based on his ill health at the moment. If he heals, and is in a stable place in the future why shouldn't he be given another chance? I'm all about redemption for humankind, we all fall short at some juncture or another.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
so he had another stream this morning (2 hours ago i think) when another officer showed up to his door. He didn't get arrested though. Thats what I heard anyhow.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
dude are officials completely idiotic regarding social media? they should be monitoring his Twitter by now ffs
Assuming they know this person is on social medias at all (I don't know why police officers went to his appartment - for all I know his neighbors called them, or a fan of his called them, or his (ex?) girlfriend called them, etc), the police doesn't have the time to monitor h24 someone who is basically throwing a fit, unless there is real evidence he is a danger to himself or others.
He is out of control? It seems to be the case. Does he represent a genuine danger to himself or others? That's something else to determine, but its latest tweet is hella worrying.
As for Twitter banning him: at this point, no one should expect anything from Twitter (assuming people reported his tweets).

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Assuming they know this person is on social medias at all (I don't know why police officers went to his appartment - for all I know his neighbors called them, or a fan of his called them, or his (ex?) girlfriend called them, etc), the police doesn't have the time to monitor h24 someone who is basically throwing a fit, unless there is real evidence he is a danger to himself or others.
He is out of control? It seems to be the case. Does he represent a genuine danger to himself or others? That's something else to determine, but its latest tweet is hella worrying.
As for Twitter banning him: at this point, no one should expect anything from Twitter (assuming people reported his tweets).

I think after the last couple tweets where he's asking for someone to kill him, yeah, officials should be using that to get him back into monitoring and actual treatment.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly my patience for him ran out long ago.

He's not getting help
He's treating everything as a joke
He's saying fucked up things on social media to his impressionable young fans
He's scaring his (ex?) girlfriend
And eventually, a cop, who's not as patient, is gonna come to his home and accidentally or "accidentally" shoot him

Doesn't help that Twitter and Youtube are exasperating the problem by not banning him.

And before anyone throws a fit and tell a guy with social anxiety disorder and was once depressive that he's not empathetic to mental illness, how long would you last with someone like Etika before you realize that you have to cut him loose due to not even trying to get better?

Oct 25, 2017
1. This would be like his 5th chance.
2. Stop putting yourself in his shoes and getting paranoid of a non existent threat of permanent cancellation (whatever the hell that even means). It's freaking weird.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
User Banned (1 Month): Advocating violence against someone with mental illness
Not even remotely surprised
For a person we should feel sorry and empathetic and pray for about because he is unraveled and all that bs...he has better grammar than me and takes his time to make these pictures and tweets.... Oh poor Etika, hope next officer has a tazer, some real pain might bring some sense on him.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Just watched his instagram stream. Man that was intense... props to Etika for staying chill looking through the whole mess, despite he expressing over and over how scared he actually was. I guess the fact he was live streaming help him to pull the necessary strenght to go through all of that. But he is now back to usual on Twitter... I just don't know what else to say so I think I'm just done with Etika. Just wishing him the best and hope he gets the help he REALLY needs.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Dude was diagnosed with "agitation". Chances that there's actually nothing wrong with him and he's been using the "mental illness" excuse as a scapegoat? Cause that would be a really bad look.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
He has never behaved like this before. Etika has always been a bit eccentric, but he has never pushed things this far. I remember he even watched a video about someone who was murdered after being swatted and he legit started crying because he was so sad.
For a person who has built their entire personality on hyperbolic reactions, I have a hard time believing that was at all genuine.

Status
Not open for further replies.