• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Anybody using apple cider vinegar to enhance their fasting? Any advice on what the best time to drink it is?

Some online references suggest mid way through the fast to help manage through, but it seems like it would actually make the fasting period more beneficial overall if taken early in the fasting period.

Stiflers Mom

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I used to to week long fasting periods many years ago. But I felt it was just not that healthy for my body.
IF though is amazing.

If I do a 20:4 I lose weight pretty quickly. With the 16:8 I currently do, I just feel a lot more healthy and and slowly losing weight as well.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Man, fasting was so easy in the winter months, but it's hard in summer. During warm summer days, it's really hard for me to ignore the temptation for a cold Mojito, an ice cream, a refreshing Pina Colada. I'm invited to an AW almost every day; either with collegues, or friends. I'm torn between my desire to just enjoy the beautiful summer days with friends and nice drinks, and my dedication to IF. Trying to figure out a new balance, but it's hard.

Last edited:

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
Man, fasting was so easy in the winter months, but it's hard in summer. During warm summer days, it's really hard for me to ignore the temptation for a cold Mojito, an ice cream, a refreshing Pina Colada. I'm invited to an AW almost every day; either with collegues, or friends. I'm torn between my desire to just enjoy the beautiful summer days with friends and nice drunks, and my dedication to IF. Trying to figure out a new balance, but it's hard.
i dunno man i wouldn't look at this as some kind of punishment. dedication is great but you should enjoy your life as well! have a mojito and some ice cream and get back on track tomorrow. that's my advice, i may get disagreed with lol

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Man, fasting was so easy in the winter months, but it's hard in summer. During warm summer days, it's really hard for me to ignore the temptation for a cold Mojito, an ice cream, a refreshing Pina Colada. I'm invited to an AW almost every day; either with collegues, or friends. I'm torn between my desire to just enjoy the beautiful summer days with friends and nice drinks, and my dedication to IF. Trying to figure out a new balance, but it's hard.

Shift your eating window to accommodate those things.

Vic2003

Dec 8, 2017
I've been on a 16:8 routine for about 3 weeks now and it's really working well. For the first time in a long time I noticed my belt size went down ( usually it's going up). Would like to eventually move to 20:4 but I want to take my time and fully adjust to this first.

Ever since I started to gain weight about 8 years ago ive been afraid to weigh myself so I have not done a whole lot of it but plan to start again once soon. Not sure if anyone else who has gained weight had this same fear. I also avoid pictures. I think its because Ive mostly been thin before this so it hurts to see the negative progress.

Last edited:

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I've been on a 16:8 routine for about 3 weeks now and it's really working well. For the first time in a long time I noticed my belt size went down ( usually it's going up). Would like to eventually move to 20:4 but I want to take my time and fully adjust to this first.
No need to rush it. One of the great things is how flexible it is. Do 20:4 every now and then to try it on.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've slowly and naturally shifted more and more to a 20:4 IF. It's basically all I've done the past 2 weeks because I just don't feel hungry anymore at the 16 or 18 hour point.

Zom

Oct 25, 2017
So, should i put all my meals in the 8 hours eating gap? or should i just delete "breakfast" and go directly to lunch?

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
I've been doing "lazy keto" for the last 4ish years to keep my weight down, and fell off the wagon this past year due to having to go on chemotherapy. Stress eating, and being at a hospital all the time lead down a road of making terrible choices.

With my chemo now over I've been back on track with keto, but really want to drop back down to 185 (I'm at 240 currently). I've dabbled in IF before, but I feel like I need to just go all in while I'm still relatively young (33).The last two weeks I've been doing 20:4 keto 1650 calories and I've already had amazing success. I feel so good in just a few weeks that I want to work towards OMAD.

I currently eat from 8AM until Noon, and do about 40 minutes of cardio a day. I'm going to incorporate strength training into my routine 3x a week (simple push/pull/leg routing) and see how I feel. Hopefully I don't have any issues with the transition.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
I've been doing "lazy keto" for the last 4ish years to keep my weight down, and fell off the wagon this past year due to having to go on chemotherapy. Stress eating, and being at a hospital all the time lead down a road of making terrible choices.

With my chemo now over I've been back on track with keto, but really want to drop back down to 185 (I'm at 240 currently). I've dabbled in IF before, but I feel like I need to just go all in while I'm still relatively young (33).The last two weeks I've been doing 20:4 keto 1650 calories and I've already had amazing success. I feel so good in just a few weeks that I want to work towards OMAD.

I currently eat from 8AM until Noon, and do about 40 minutes of cardio a day. I'm going to incorporate strength training into my routine 3x a week (simple push/pull/leg routing) and see how I feel. Hopefully I don't have any issues with the transition.

When I started with IF I went directly for OMAD from day one. Still doing OMAD, though now I only do it ~4 days a week. Feels good, and is much easier than most people think

Anyone else shit a lot when they do IF?
Or is it just ne

I just eat a normal sized portion, maybe slightly bigger portion than most people

Oct 25, 2017
Neat. An IF thread.

I started IF just to control my late night eating habits around January. Then that kind of started a whole self improvement thing. I probably was around 220, maybe 230. And since then I've done keto for a couple months plus exercise and I am around 175 right now.

Anybody using apple cider vinegar to enhance their fasting? Any advice on what the best time to drink it is?

Some online references suggest mid way through the fast to help manage through, but it seems like it would actually make the fasting period more beneficial overall if taken early in the fasting period.

I take it 30 minutes before breaking fast. Sometimes a bit before going to sleep as well. I don't think there really are wrong answers tbh. Some may consider it breaking a fast, but the benefits far outweigh that.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I do a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar mixed with a lot of water 30 minutes after my last meal everyday.

You hear/read a lot of different responses on when is the best time, but I think this is what works best for me.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Decided I'm going back to OMAD, been really struggling to keep to fasts in this summer heat so I'm trying to move food to the back of my mind altogether and just have one, big evening meal.

Oct 25, 2017
I do an OMAD here and there. Maybe once a week. I don't think it's healthy to do every day. I tried doing it every day for like a week or two and it was amazingly easy but I wasn't eating enough either.

Now I just do 16/8 most days of the week and I am trying to incorporate a few days where I only fast for 12 hours, on days I don't do any exercise. A complete rest day.

I aim to do 2x rest days (one of those will be a cheat day where I am flexible with what I eat and how much), 4x 16/8 days, 1 24 hour fast. And then once a month I wanna do a 48-72 hour fast (I already did this once with somewhat amazing results).

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Just started 2 days ago on 16/8.
So far so good. It hasn't really been an issue, I was never big on breakfast. The real problem was constant snacking, especially well into the night!

But I wanted to know yalls opinion on an upcoming event. I JUST started, and on saturday I am going to a big boat party with friends. There will be drinking and such from like 10am-???. Am I just completely fucking myself already? Should I go for a longer fast leading up to this, knowing I wont make it work on saturday?
Or does the nature of IF mean as long as I get back on the next day I won't have completely wrecked my shit?

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
So far so good. It hasn't really been an issue, I was never big on breakfast. The real problem was constant snacking, especially well into the night!

But I wanted to know yalls opinion on an upcoming event. I JUST started, and on saturday I am going to a big boat party with friends. There will be drinking and such from like 10am-???. Am I just completely fucking myself already? Should I go for a longer fast leading up to this, knowing I wont make it work on saturday?
Or does the nature of IF mean as long as I get back on the next day I won't have completely wrecked my shit?

It's fine to miss a day here or there. Just try to stop eating by like 7pm the day before.

Haselbacher

Oct 27, 2017

Enjoy yourself!
And start again when you are not hangover again.
I can't fast after a night of drinking. My stomach can't handle it.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Alright.. starting again with my 8 hour window of eating between 12 - 8 pm.

Last time I did this with moderate exercise, I lost like 30 pnds? Anyway. Wish me luck!!!

Oct 25, 2017
I'm finally losing weight again, I was really stuck for 1-2 months.
  1. I'm eating from 1pm to 9pm.
  2. Sleeping 8 hours(I was sleeping 6 before)
  3. Eating a lot of chicken/eggs instead of the usual crap I was eating
  4. Running 40-60 minutes a day

And now I'm finally losing weight again, I have a goal of losing like 20 pounds in 3 months, let's see if I can accomplish it at all.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm finally losing weight again, I was really stuck for 1-2 months.
  1. Running 40-60 minutes a day

I really don't want to harsh on something that's working for you, but this is overkill, overtraining, and likely hindering your weight loss by spiking cortisol levels. Dial back the volume and up the intensity, or simply lower some calories instead.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Doing IF now during cutting phase. 1 week down with 2-3 more to go. Kinda working so far but fighting hangrying is hard af.

12-9 pm is my eating time.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Been doing omad and 48 hours fasts since the start of july and it's been amazing for me. Only bought a scale 2 weeks ago but I feel I easily lost around 30 pounds (ofc that includes the big water weight initial drop when you start a diet). I started it because my knees started hurting since november and I knew that I was at the point of no return for my health as knees can't be easily healed. Already my knees don't hurt anymore, my cravings are gone and I have zero temptation to cheat, I spring out of my bed each morning feeling refreshed. And I'm saving money too so can't complain about that ;)

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's healthy to do every day.

This is nonsense btw.

IF is great and all, but living life and having fun is even better. It's good to stop worrying every once in a while and just go out and have fun. Like a previous poster mentioned, as long as you get back on track again afterwards, it's all good.

Oct 25, 2017
This is nonsense btw.

You do you, I am entitled to my own opinion. An opinion I try to inform myself and update myself on frequently. I'll just drop this video here to give you some information about what is emerging here. Something called metaflammation is caused by your body thinking you're under attack. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4sfi3_CYOI

Do what you want, with this information or whatever. I don't think you should just outright dismiss the info, but that's up to you.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
You do you, I am entitled to my own opinion. An opinion I try to inform myself and update myself on frequently. I'll just drop this video here to give you some information about what is emerging here. Something called metaflammation is caused by your body thinking you're under attack. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4sfi3_CYOI

Do what you want, with this information or whatever. I don't think you should just outright dismiss the info, but that's up to you.

Holy shit, relax. Breath. So defensive, lol.

Your video just says overeating is bad. OMAD is not about overeating, it's about having a normal-sized meal.

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, relax. Breath. So defensive, lol.

Your video just says overeating is bad. OMAD is not about overeating, it's about having a normal-sized meal. You're spreading fear where there is none.

You didn't watch the video, clearly just read the title. As for me being defensive? No, I am explaining myself in response to your post calling my opinion nonsense. You're being very flippant and I don't have patience atm to have a conversation with someone who clearly has no interest in showing basic respect.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
You didn't watch the video, clearly just read the title. As for me being defensive? No, I am explaining myself in response to your post calling my opinion nonsense. You're being very flippant and I don't have patience atm to have a conversation with someone who clearly has no interest in showing basic respect.

I'm not being flippant, lol. Relax.

But to be serious: I'm sorry, but what you wrote is nonsense. You're spreading fear and misinformation, and when confronted about it, you become rude and defensive. I did watch the whole video, and it's 100% about what I said: overeating. The last minute is just him speculating, carefully treading on what may or may not happen, but still he mostly discusses the issue of overeating.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not being flippant, lol. Relax.

But to be serious: I'm sorry, but what you wrote is nonsense. You're spreading fear and misinformation, and when confronted about it, you become rude and defensive. I did watch the whole video, and it's 100% about what I said: overeating. The last minute is just him speculating, carefully treading on what may or may not happen, but still he mostly discusses the issue of overeating.

Cussing and repeatedly telling me to relax is rude and disrespectful. Grow up.

I have spread no misinformation. I gave my opinion and I gave some, not all, of the basis for my opinion.

I think people should evaluate the benefits and risks of doing OMAD everyday. I think the risks do not outweigh the benefits. There are many ways to intermittent fast and OMAD can be a part of that without a doubt. But I think OMAD everyday is not best and there is science backing why eating all your calories (not overeating) in a single meal can cause issues that were not previously known or widely known.

Stop acting like this is some fully explored and settled science. Crying every time someone brings up a negative point is not helpful, it is harmful. Obfuscating new information or opposing points of view by whining that it's just nonsense because it doesn't conform with your preconceived notions is just classic bias and potentially dangerous long term.

I am not against OMAD. Neither is the video. It's against OMAD every day and especially if you eat your one meal in one sitting. When I do "OMAD", I fast for 24 hours and eat my meal spread out over 4 hours. Always did that. It ensures I eat enough. I am not trying to tank my metabolism by under eating.

I think I've explained my POV here. Stop being overly emotional because you're being confronted with an opinion that doesn't settle well with you.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Anyone using the Zero app? https://www.zerofasting.com/

Heard it mentioned on a talk with Dr. Rhonda Patrick on Joe Rogan's show. It's free and looks like a nice way to keep track of fasts/IF/OMAD.

Yeah this is the app I've been using on Android for quite some time. It's really clean, and I enjoy the layout. You can even edit the start/end time in case you mess up and forget to update it as you go.

It's free with no ads at all. If they charged money for it going forward I would easily cough up some cash to continue using it.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Anyone using the Zero app? https://www.zerofasting.com/

Heard it mentioned on a talk with Dr. Rhonda Patrick on Joe Rogan's show. It's free and looks like a nice way to keep track of fasts/IF/OMAD.
It's what I used when I started out. Haven't touched it in ages though as I'm pretty consistent with my fast anyway. Also they started requiring an account and login which was a bummer.

meadowdrone

Oct 27, 2017
UK
You can even edit the start/end time in case you mess up and forget to update it as you go.
This is me almost every day. If I'm cooking dinner then I'm usually too distracted actually preparing it properly and serving it, not to mention looking forward to eating, rather than getting my phone out. But I'm trying to make sure I'm as accurate as possible when I do go back to the app :I

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Is a 10 hour eating window too long?

My schedule is different now that I'm in school, and 8hrs is way too restricting.
I used to do 8/16 but that's cause I didn't really have any obligations.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Is a 10 hour eating window too long?

My schedule is different now that I'm in school, and 8hrs is way too restricting.
I used to do 8/16 but that's cause I didn't really have any obligations.

As long as you keep your calories in check it should be fine, but like the above poster said you won't receive all the benefits fasting brings. When my schedule gets shook up for whatever reason I just OMAD and transition back into 20-4, or 18-6.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I'll try for 9 hours, honestly I feel less hungry nowadays anyways
4 or so months of those 16/8 or 8/16(however y'all format it) did affect me well

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
Weekdays I've been doing mostly 16:8 and every now and then a 20 or 24 hour fast. I'm fine with those but if I also go for a 60/90 minute run in the morning while doing a long fast (I run best on an empty stomach), I definitely have a harder time in the last couple hours of the fast. Still, so far quite happy with the results.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Can anyone recommend the best app for calorie counting?
Op has an app suggestion for iOS and I think it's in regard to track your fasting time

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
I think counting calories is always a hassle, but My Fitness Pal is kinda easy if you eat the same kinda meals a lot (because you just enter them once and can easily log them again). I kinda know the calories of most of the stuff I eat nowadays so I don't really use MFP anymore. I also liked more working from just a couple notes in my telephone with the calories of the stuff I eat most.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
I'm on night shift this 2 weeks from and my 8 hour eating period is from 8-4 AM. Is it ok if I workout at around 6PM? Worried I might be too weak, is it normal to workout before eating?

Last edited: