• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I noticed that Space Invaders Invincible Collection was on sale via Deku Deals and was trying to figure out if it had been released worldwide. There might have been a physical release, but what I'm seeing on the digital front is that it's instead been gutted in favour of multiple smaller collections.

So now I'm wondering if there are other things that I'm missing out on. I do own a couple - a lot of Bandai and Koei stuff - but I'm curious as to what else I might be missing.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
So Koei Tecmo released Dragon Quest Heroes 1+2 and Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate on Switch but only in Japan which is a shame because both games have been localized on other consoles already.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
All of Sting's games they keep porting (Yggdra Union, Baroque, Gloria Union). Someone needs to step up and start bringing them over.

OP
OP
L Thammy

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
So Koei Tecmo released Dragon Quest Heroes 1+2 and Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate on Switch but only in Japan which is a shame because both games have been localized on other consoles already.
That seems to happen a lot, honestly. Koei in particular has a lot of them. Some of them are upgraded versions but for other ones they just don't seem to think the potential audience is worth pursuing at all.

Deleted member 55822

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 10, 2019
There's the G-Mode Archive in Japan. A series of old Japanese mobile phone games re-released on the Switch. It's a neat thing to have imo.

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Class of Heroes: Anniversary Edition
Ninja JaJaMaru Collection
Monster Rancher 1, 2
Medabots Collection
Girls und Panzer
Touhou Soujinengi V
A few Super Robot Wars
Many VNs (Higurashi When They Cry, Summer Pockets, EVE: Burst Error R, ...)

Other games like Yomi wo Saku Hana and Yokai Watch 4 have some chances to release here.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Unreal Life is the secret best indie game of 2020, but it's not on European eShops until this Summer. Currently available on JP and NA/CA eShops.

Deleted member 55822

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 10, 2019
That's interesting. The game appears to have English option so I guess they decided to released on other region because they can then.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Unreal Life is the secret best indie game of 2020, but it's not on European eShops until this Summer. Currently available on JP and NA/CA eShops.
I'm so hecking bummed this is the case. With the release date thread being 90% me and long gone, I might try to throw a proper OT together.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Class of Heroes: Anniversary Edition
Ninja JaJaMaru Collection
Monster Rancher 1, 2

Other games like Yomi wo Saku Hana and Yokai Watch 4 have some chances to release here.

Class of Heroes might be in a sort of licensing hell since Gaijinworks was handling that and they've been MIA for a while.

I was hoping for JaJaMaru but I think some of the games included are too heavy on untranslated text (I think there's an RPG in there).

Monster Rancher still confuses me because that was really popular over here for a while. Maybe they think the old localizations of the games are too clunky?

I expect Yomi wo Saku Hana to come here in late 2021 or early 2022 since we're getting the prior EXP game in March (Saviors of Sapphire Wings). Just gotta wait through the localization queue.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
There's a Japan-exclusive Rose of Versailles VN that is for some reason set at a modern high school.

OP
OP
L Thammy

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
That train game thats selling shitloads in Japan now looked cool. Don't remember the name.
Momotarou Dentetsu, if I'm not mistaken.

Monster Rancher still confuses me because that was really popular over here for a while. Maybe they think the old localizations of the games are too clunky?
There are a lot of Japan-exclusive Monster Rancher games like Monster Rancher Lagoon. It's possible that they just don't think the franchise as a whole is worth it.

It's also possible that it has to do with the specific features of the Switch ports. They have a registry of CDs that you can pick from as well as online battles, including the ability to register for online tournaments - the finals of which are posted to YouTube. I think they have balance tweaks and stuff as well.