• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would suck if they bullshit her back to life, it's so pointless just like bullshitting Biggs back to life was dumb as hell. I'm fine with one of the three out of Jessie, Biggs and Wedge living but 2+ of them not dying is lame as hell and just removes any of the emotional impact from both the OG and the plate collapse scene, which was also considerably watered down from the original.

Also Jessie sucked in this game so I'd rather she didn't come back just to thirst for Cloud for another 40 hours.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I remember reading a comment about how the group would find out they were in a different timeline by having jessie play on stage at the golden saucer. Funny that seems to be whats gonna happen now.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
Tifa definitely gonna die in this game. Only way for them to try replicate the Aerith moment.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Isn't it just that she used to work at the GS before moving to Midgar?

And I say Zack will be the main baddie.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
The 'remake' is so toothless lol.

That being said, Jessie was better than Tifa in this and doesn't deserve to be the only character to actually die. So sure, whatever.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
The remake is definitely going the Kingdom Hearts route of everyone having a happy ending in the end

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UakOLgT.jpg

Top 10 anime betrayals.

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
I still don't think Zack will meet the main group in first timeline. Remember original ff7 had you split up to defeat different parts of Sephiroth, I feel like they gonna do that but both normal timeline and Zack timeline have to kill Sephiroth at the same time in there respectfully timelines.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
the whole point of the ending is to fundamentally break the backstory. Literally nothing is off the table in regards to how this story can play out. They aren't beholden to anything.
It's breaking the backstory to such a degree that the previous game they released would be borderline pointless from a narrative perspective and would need a lot of recontextualization, though. From a game development perspective I can't imagine they'd want to waste time catching players up with content they already seen but now Zack is also there. They could leave that all off-screen but that'd be even more confusing.

I'm basically just gonna stick to thinking the Zack stuff isn't going to be nearly as significant going forward as it could be, with the primary focus being on adapting the original game with some weird alt-timeline shenanigans on the side. Square Enix can do some silly stuff with their stories but they've never outright negated the existence of a game they just put out. Altho Nojima was basically going to do that with X-3 so maybe he really needs to get it out of his system.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really have to ask who this remake's for at this point with all this nonsense going round. Like who seriously wants all this timey-wimey bullshit with multiple Zacks and Midgars and Jessie's? People just wanted 7 remade, why do this shit no one asked for. The remakes are absolutely going to fall off a cliff at some point with its story and I honestly want to know who wants it that way.

DynamicSushy

Sep 7, 2019
Personally would not like Jessie to come back, but we've reached a point where the characters and VAs are more important than narrative integrity. Also Jessie is a girl and god forbid we waste this character that we made to be hella attractive.

It's blatantly obvious from Remake that we will see her again in the gold saucer.
nothing is blatantly obvious in this game

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
I really have to ask who this remake's for at this point with all this nonsense going round. Like who seriously wants all this timey-wimey bullshit with multiple Zacks and Midgars and Jessie's? People just wanted 7 remade, why do this shit no one asked for. The remakes are absolutely going to fall off a cliff at some point with its story and I honestly want to know who wants it that way.

Nomura, I guess. This is the same stuff he did with Kingdom Hearts.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I look forward to watching her performance at the Gold Saucer is some VR room or something.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
The end of the game makes it obvious we are in a new FF7 timeline / universe and the survival of Zach has heavy implications for other characters. Cloud and Co. will 100% be going to Gold Saucer and Jesse will be on stage performing; however, she will have no idea who you are due to her never being an Avalanche member in this timeline.
Hmm, I read it differently. I don't think the party has crossed over into a separate timeline where Zack survived. That would be hella messy. I think that scene was just meant to indicate that there are multiple distinct timelines in play: the timeline we've been following all game (let's call it Prime), and one where Zack survived.

Jessie, Biggs and Wedge all just survived in the Prime timeline we were following all game, as the Whispers failed at several points to preserve the original sequence of events. Zack still died as normal here too, or it wouldn't make any sense for Cloud to be as he is. However, as we see there is an alternate timeline (denoted by the different design of the dog mascot) where Zack survived. Obviously there will either be a convergence at some stage so Zack can meet Prime Cloud, or maybe they will work across the timelines to defeat Sephiroth.

We'll meet back up with the Jessie we already know at the Gold Saucer imo. It would make sense for her to head there what with Seventh Heaven destroyed, several of her friends presumed dead(?) given they disappeared after heading to Shinra HQ, and her own near-death experience.

Typing all of this is still hella gross lol. I hate that they didn't just make a proper remake and we have to deal with all of this timeline BS.

Last edited:

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Damn, it's like every new official comment or piece of info seems to confirm Maximilian's speculation about the future of FF7R.

Of course, Toriyama could be teasing something as ordinary as a flashback scene of a past performance.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember the ending exactly but aren't the Avalanche crew and the Zach/Jessie/Biggs timeline completely different? Didn't Aeris walk right through Zach

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Sephiroth:
Cloud, turn the game console off right now.

Cloud:
What did you say?

Sephiroth:
The mission is a failure. Cut the power right now.

Cloud:
What's wrong with you?

Sephiroth:
Don't worry, it's a game. It's a game just like usual.

Aerith:
You'll ruin your eyes playing so close to the TV.

Cloud:
What are you talking about?

Sephiroth:
Cloud. Something happened to me last night when I was driving home. I had a couple of miles to go. I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky. It was moving irregularly. Suddenly, there was intense light all around. And when I came to, I was home. What do you think happened to me?

Cloud:
Huh?

Sephiroth:
Fine, forget it.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused (I guess we all are lol). How would that photo be of Jessie being at the GS? If there was a timeline shift or whatever, would it not have happened until the end scene?

Opposable

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't her "thirstiness" explained in the game that she is an actress and not to believe a word she says/she is manipulating etc

i mean it's not a great representation of a woman but I don't think she is meant to be this thirsty girl

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
"Why would you want something new when you could have this thing you've had for years"
God forbid they do something interesting with it.
If you want to play the original game then just do that

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Why would you want something new when you could have this thing you've had for years"

"Why would you want something remade when you could have this thing that makes no sense"
God forbid they try to follow what made the original good
If you want to play Kingdom Hearts then just do that

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
I got near the end, but never finished FFVIIR. I liked the characters but thought the story was a bit all over the place. Now I hear about.... alternate timelines?

I just don't get Japanese storytelling. To me, as a primarily western game player it seems like these games confuse complexity with storytelling. I'm sure a lot of people like this, but for me it's almost like fanfiction.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I just took it as like in the same way as some people needing to laugh or crack jokes at inappropriate times. It's her way of dealing with stress and anxiety.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
These writers are such unbelievable cowards. It's like the original DBZ dub all over again.

Besides, Jessie is a shitty character in the remake with literally one bad joke repeated over and over again, why would I WANT to see more of her?

Saito

Oct 25, 2017
Remember the interviews about the team wanting to handle the remake carefully as to be faithful to the original? About that...

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These writers are such unbelievable cowards. It's like the original DBZ dub all over again.

Besides, Jessie is a shitty character in the remake with literally one bad joke repeated over and over again, why would I WANT to see more of her?
www.resetera.com

Did you like Jessie's flirting in Final Fantasy VII Remake?

It's something the remake really expanded compared to the original game. Do you think it's cute or did Nojima and co. cranked her flirtiness level way too much?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Did you like Jessie's flirting in Final Fantasy VII Remake?

It's something the remake really expanded compared to the original game. Do you think it's cute or did Nojima and co. cranked her flirtiness level way too much?

People are fuckin' weird, Diipu.

Like I would almost be okay with it if they actually played with the fact she's an actress, but...she's a terrible actress. She never sells the joke, it always sounds fake, and she's using this on a dude who's so emotionally stunted he wouldn't recognize flirting if she literally wrote "LET'S FUCK" on her forehead in giant Sharpie letters.

There are ways to make a character who's being fake still sound convincing, but because the voice direction is so clunky for her jokes, and the actual dialogue writing for them is so unnatural, it just sounds like some kind of weird robot. I've seen more convincing romantic manipulation in Improv Level 1.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
It would suck if they bullshit her back to life, it's so pointless just like bullshitting Biggs back to life was dumb as hell. I'm fine with one of the three out of Jessie, Biggs and Wedge living but 2+ of them not dying is lame as hell and just removes any of the emotional impact from both the OG and the plate collapse scene, which was also considerably watered down from the original.

Also Jessie sucked in this game so I'd rather she didn't come back just to thirst for Cloud for another 40 hours.

lol we don't even know if those are alive. There's nothing confirmed but speculation. Yeah, I'm aware of the ultimania where Nomura said he just added the scene randomly in the ending to confuse people but I wouldn't think that's a confirmation.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Never even played the OG game, but this is just weird

Not completely related but that's another worry with Age of Calamity

Gabriel Hall

Oct 27, 2017
It did seem obvious to me that they're setting up Jessie to play the princess in the Gold Saucer play.

...I still hope we have the option of horribly screwing it up too, haha.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I like her character so I was disappointed at her Fate, if the future means more appearances of her - I am up for it.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was painfully obvious this was going to happen in the next game as soon as the timeline stuff at the end happened. And I'm here for it.

May 15, 2019
I'm still willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and play game 2 because I loved so much of the first part, but all of the alt timeline shit has me so worried. Some people say new stuff is more interesting but I have no faith in modern Square Enix to write new stuff that's GOOD. The new scenarios and characters of Part 1 were consistently the weakest parts.