• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
There are two podiums on sale via facebook marketplace lol.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
My crazy uncle Duane brought this home last night. We already have one from the last time he went to a protest and don't need this one. Must be willing to meet in a secret place and not ask any questions.
They really think they can get away with this?

PiranhaMan

Apr 26, 2020
Im curious..If practically every smartphone has a location GPS could the FBI just ask Wireless Carriers who was at the Capitol at ~1:00 P.M.

BorganXI

Oct 27, 2017
WA
Did these people think Trump was gonna show up and lead the charge ?

Storm into the chamber where they were counting votes and do what ? Overturn it right there ?

Expecting a blanket pardon from Trump for everything they did ?

Taking selfies and videos incriminating themselves so openly and easily identifiable thinking nothing would happen ?

Stealing and vandalizing federal property with not a thought to being fired / arrested ?

Truly delusional.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Im curious..If practically every smartphone has a location GPS could the FBI just ask Wireless Carriers who was at the Capitol at ~1:00 P.M.

That would likely get thrown out as overbroad.

However, the inverse would happily be allowed by the courts.

We believe X was at the riot. We want to get the phone location records.

SEARCH WARRANT APPROVED.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
While this is good and all, one has to wonder how much effort will be put into identifying and prosecuting these people when the police didn't even bother arresting them on-site.

Nov 15, 2020
I hope the FBI's manhunt goes slowly. Like, specifically, longer than 13 days to find and arrest these people. Cause Trump's gonna pardon otherwise.

Oct 25, 2017
While this is good and all, one has to wonder how much effort will be put into identifying and prosecuting these people when the police didn't even bother arresting them on-site.

The idea is that federal offenses are taken more seriously by federal agencies than regular pigs and their superiors will be up their asses about this.

Not that I have any faith, mind you. I just know logically how this should go down. We'll see.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Hope that in the coming weeks someone manages to make a way to document every person who is dumb enough to do this

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
They thought that they would succeed and nothing would happen to them because the new order that they would usher in would hail them as heroes. Thats the fucking level of confidence these people had what they did.
Even if I was going to the movies or out doing chores on my off days, I wouldn't be wearing or carrying my work stuff, let alone attend a coup lol

Oct 27, 2017
They thought that they would succeed and nothing would happen to them because the new order that they would usher in would hail them as heroes. Thats the fucking level of confidence these people had what they did.

Some maybe. Cult of personality and hype of being in a charged crowd is a real thing too though, not that it's an excuse. Next thing you know, you're hiding in shame and fear realizing you committed criminal acts on the world stage in a moment of euphoric hype. Funny thing about consequences is they always show up.

I genuinely believe people got so caught up in the bullshit they didn't think any of this through.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Even if I was going to the movies or out doing chores on my off days, I wouldn't be wearing or carrying my work stuff, let alone attend a coup lol

Man they treated the coup like they were going to work, when they got tired instead of hiding out, they just went back to the fucking hotel and was like

"Alright guys, thats time! let me go and clock out for the day. Gotta get back to the room and hit the sack, gotta get an early start for a long day. See you guys at the coup tomorrow!"

Jul 16, 2020
Damn, all I saw about Tank Noodle was your post, and I thought "Wait, is there a different Tank Noodle?"

Nope, it's the one I thought it was. It's been years, but I loved eating there when visiting friends on Argyle. We'd almost always end up either there or at Ba Le.
I'm just a mile north. And, yeah, Ba Le is great.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I heard that some people on Parler are saying it is Antifa, while others are proudly proclaiming that they participated in the siege lol.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
These guys make fun of antifa for the black bloc look, but it serves a simple utilitarian purpose that they apparently never grasped. These people went in there thinking they basically had the backing of the state... or, more likely, they were too stupid to truly piece together the implications beyond an intuitive (and somewhat correct) feeling that their class and race would protect them.

DXLelouch24

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly i think we dont need to worry about nothing getting done about this.Finding these fucks would be a fast track to a promotion,and regardless of skin color i bet money wins out over protecting their own.

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
Many thoughts on this.

If social media makes it easy to find them it should've made it easy to stop them.

America looks so weak by letting all of those thugs go home just to be arrested later.

Some of the thugs that stormed state houses around the country were also not arrested. Will they be arrested later too?

Part of me can't help but think that. Trump will just pardon these people.

Every member of law enforcement that's associated or members of these groups need to fired.

Last thought is this is a win for these thugs. Biden's DOJ need to dismantle these violent right groups.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
They were brazen because they thought the cops and law enforcement were completely on their side.

Whoops.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
These MF'ers are gonna be scurrying like cockroaches. There is no deleting your internet history. You will all be caught.

The folks over at the DataHoarder subreddit have been collectively gathering every last scrap of this data - over 30GB of photos, videos, Tweets, Facebook and Parler posts, all conveniently organized and available to anyone who might be interested (like, say, the FBI). They can scrub their history all night, but the chuds can't take my copy away.

Javaman

Oct 31, 2017
"That wasn't me" is going to be a tough defense when their cell phones can be traced to towers near the capital and they have a paper trail of airplane tickets to washington/hotel rooms/gas station and restaurant card charges.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The idea is that federal offenses are taken more seriously by federal agencies than regular pigs and their superiors will be up their asses about this.

Not that I have any faith, mind you. I just know logically how this should go down. We'll see.
Also, the feds have the backing of the resources of the federal government, which are vastly greater than local law enforcement. See any season of The Wire where he gets his FBI buddy in on things so they can get some real equipment

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna be funny watching these hogs get corralled into federal penitentiaries over the next month or so

element

Oct 27, 2017
The new excuse, "I did nothing illegal." is comical. Can't wait for DA and Judges to hear that arraignment hearings.

Oct 28, 2017
*Dave Ruben shows up*

"Do you guys remember Thanos?"
dd0.png

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know how important this realization is to the overall discourse, but I want to say it anyway.

These guys were really so blind to the consequences of their actions, breaking into one of the most important governmental locations in the whole country, that they honestly see no problem in openly bragging about it for the world to see. It never once occurred to them that they were a violent mob. They're so isolated in their echo chambers that they don't know a single person who'd tell them that what they did is anything but incredibly heroic and patriotic.

Yup

Sep 29, 2020
They'll get arrested, put in jail and then an idiotic wave of terrorism and hostage taking to free their locked up friends like terrorists did in the later part of the last century?
I sure hope the FBI and police actually flag these people as terrorists and track down every single one of them.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They'll get arrested, put in jail and then an idiotic wave of terrorism and hostage taking to free their locked up friends like terrorists did in the later part of the last century?
I sure hope the FBI and police actually flag these people as terrorists and track down every single one of them.
If only they were allowed on planes anymore they could hijack them

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Did these people think Trump was gonna show up and lead the charge ?

Storm into the chamber where they were counting votes and do what ? Overturn it right there ?

Expecting a blanket pardon from Trump for everything they did ?

Taking selfies and videos incriminating themselves so openly and easily identifiable thinking nothing would happen ?

Stealing and vandalizing federal property with not a thought to being fired / arrested ?

Truly delusional.

Well, Trump did say he'd be there. Of course, these folks mostly look at Trump as the ripped stud from Ben Garrison cartoons, not as an out-of-shape and obese man who wouldn't even enter a schoolyard scrap without groupies to hold his victim down.

But part of me can't blame them for not thinking there'd be consequences. There's a saying about conservatism; that it's all about there being an in-group whom the law protects but doesn't constrain and an out-group whom the law constrains, but doesn't protect. And for 4 years, Trump has been all about hammering home that point to friend and foe alike. He's had weekly scandals that he never suffered consequences from aside from another few OPeds in the fake news media. And that feeling of impunity oozed through his entire administration. Practically every member of his cabinet had conflicts of interests. Administration staff violated the Hatch act by the hundreds. Cronies and war criminals were pardoned left and right. Honest actors were slimed and pushed out.

The message was clear. If you're part of my in-group, you can do whatever the hell you want and your impunity is a middle finger to the libs we're owning. If you're part of the out-group, then LOLNothingMatters.

It's not that surprising these folks considered themselves impervious to backlash. It's all they've seen from the people they considered their heroes.