• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
London
An underrated gem that I don't really see being talked about much. A realism based tactical shooter, with many hardcore elements such as your character only being able to take a few bullets maximum depending on the level of armor you choose, a wave system for respawns which is only replenished if you capture an objective and a loadout system where you can't just pick all the attachments and grenades without compromising on something else. It's still much more accessible than Arma 3 and on a smaller scale. Bonus points for no cash shop, every cosmetic item is earnable in game and all guns are available from the start. No pay to win here, only skill applies. There is a decently sized player base and people actually use voice comms in public servers, though the players can be toxic sometimes just like all MP games.

Only complaints I have is that the performance could be optimized more and also adding more maps, weapons and the ability to make custom maps, which they plan on working on post release.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Oh I'm loving it.

It's the best "almost-super-realistic" shooter for me.

- small maps in comparision to biggest Battlefield maps (still bigger than in CoD)
- you can sprint for a long time
- you must be careful cause 1 bullet often can kill you
- enemies aren't marked by an icon and there is no minimap

So it's like Arma-mini, but LESS complicated and infantry-focused. And every weapon is unlocked from the get go which I love.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
When is this out on PS4? Been waiting for a long long time to see present day military MP FPS game.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Last time I checked out the game was in beta, I should probably give the final release a whirl. Looking forward to the console release.

Deleted member 10847

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bought it last week after seeing it for the first time on the IGN Review, came really impressed by it, very tatical and not the for masses for sure as it lacks an HUB and its almost one shot one kill. The time to kill is very very high.

Still think they should add other modes to the ranked matchs or at least extend the round time in Firefight.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
Despite enjoying Insurgency, I quickly got turned off from the prospect of picking this up when I heard they carried over the radio man/officer class dynamic from Day of Infamy.

Dec 11, 2017
India
I wrote this comment on another Insurgency post, but yeah, the last time my friend checked the game, it was LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE. Will have to give it a try once again.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watched a few reviews of this the other day and it looks stellar. I might wait for a few updates and jump in. Particularly I want them to sort out some of the signposting in maps. Seems like it's really hard to tell when you will and won't be 'out of bounds' and on some maps people can take advantage of that to get round the back of you through areas they shouldn't. There are no visual cues in the maps. But it seems like a pretty easy fix and then I'm in.

Deleted member 24118

Oct 29, 2017
I played it, but it kind of has that unholy combination of a milsim ttk but rather arcadey point-and-click weapon mechanics that make hitting targets braindead-easy at virtually any distance (which are usually pretty short). I don't consider myself particularly good at Insurgency but it's really just too easy to take a nice spot, sit there and plink away at the people who didn't do the same.

edit:
I also really struggle to enjoy a Battlefield-esque game with barely-present vehicle play.

Last edited:

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
Great Game. One of the best FPS games I have ever played. Highly recommended for any person that has an interest in FPS gaming.

deft

Oct 27, 2017
Picked this up recently and have been enjoying it a lot, even though I'm terrible at the game.

Fantastic audio work.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Hows the community in the game? Still a decent number of people playing? I've been on the fence to try this out since I'm getting tired of Battlefield and I've moved back to EFT. Been trying to watch people stream it but doesn't seem to have a big twitch presence.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hows the community in the game? Still a decent number of people playing? I've been on the fence to try this out since I'm getting tired of Battlefield and I've moved back to EFT. Been trying to watch people stream it but doesn't seem to have a big twitch presence.

At this moment, Steam says there are 4,810 players in-game. I don't know how that breaks down by region or co-op vs. PvP, but hopefully it gives you an idea.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
At this moment, Steam says there are 4,810 players in-game. I don't know how that breaks down by region or co-op vs. PvP, but hopefully it gives you an idea.

Doesn't seem to bad. Hopefully it stays steady or slowly grows. I went ahead and took the plunge. I like HC CoD so hoping I enjoy this.

Deleted member 8118

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm firing this game up right now. It's probably one of the only FPS games I play at the moment besides the occasional Battlefield 4. No other FPS, even PUBG, comes close to the authenticity of this game.

xplatformer

Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
I bought this game only because I loved the Angryjoe beta playthrough. Enemy bot AI actually looked really enjoyable to kill, which is s perk to me since I never play multiplayer FPS I find getting killed a lot online unsatisfying. Learning against the AI can be a lot more enjoyable.

I'm happy I supported the developer.

Hopefully over the next year or two they'll release slightly larger maps...even smarter AI opponents...