• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
I post things that are either usual or unusual, depending the way you look at it. Every day scenes reveal stories you dont get told and you will never see written.

Sometimes i like to look at details. Raindrops on a window screen in flash light in the night make up for an alternative universe, for example.

I hardly do selfies, if any. I figure that after seen my face 3 times anyone probably would get bored with it. In that respect i dont really see the appeal of people (Mostly women) who make their instagram all about themselves and themselves only. ''Here is another selfie guise''. Like, yeah. Ill take ''Im secretly really insecure'' for 200 Jim.

Anyways: https://www.instagram.com/rick.diculus

hoserx

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
What's up everyone? I use my instagram for mostly hiking pictures.....and video game/ radio biz stuff occasionally. Check it out if you're interested. I'm checking out every page that's been linked here. Looking through someone's instagram feed usually tells a wonderful tale.

I'm at https://www.instagram.com/ridgelinewalker/

Morgan J

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm going to follow everyone in this thread, but not now later, because I'm at work :)

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
I treat Instagram as my travel and art blog so feel free to check it out!

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:
But who wants to talk about how Instagram royally screwed up algorithms
Yup, here. I have been ''shadowbanned'' a few times already and my like count has gone downward. I dont rake in 100s of likes, but i usually get 40-50. When on Shadowban, its barely 10.

Now? Its usually 20-30. I always thought it was because of my re-usage of hashtags, but whatever that algorithm does, it seems to think that i spam. Very annoying to say the least.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Yup, here. I have been ''shadowbanned'' a few times already and my like count has gone downward. I dont rake in 100s of likes, but i usually get 40-50. When on Shadowban, its barely 10.

Now? Its usually 20-30. I always thought it was because of my re-usage of hashtags, but whatever that algorithm does, it seems to think that i spam. Very annoying to say the least.
I have 4000 followers, maybe less than a quarter of them see my work in their feed. I have tried everything. Went from 500-600 likes a image down to averaging 150-200, very frustrating. Then again I was running my account as a business profile last year and apparently that gets you a special type of shadowban that only gets lifted when you boost posts. So ft or a year I basically dropped off the map from everyone but my very supportive core base. I would suggest the focal
Mark app for hashtags. They have an option to shuffle to avoid the spam ban.

lasthope106

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa USA
My instagram is full of the stuff I do. All my hobbies and interests are represented there. Currently trying to become more serious with photography. Any comments you might have about how to improve it I would really appreciate it, and if you could follow me, that would help me out a ton too.

Meh

Last edited:

sweetvar26

Oct 26, 2017
Milky Way Galaxy
Holy shit, you guys have some spectacular stuff posted. I wish I can post content that is half as good as yours. Anyway, here is my profile, just random social activities that I post, only started using Instagram since I moved back to India from North America about two years ago. Also haven't uploaded in a while.

Feel free to send me a request.

https://www.instagram.com/varunsurapaneni/

Also, keep up the good work everyone.

I have 4000 followers, maybe less than a quarter of them see my work in their feed. I have tried everything. Went from 500-600 likes a image down to averaging 150-200, very frustrating. Then again I was running my account as a business profile last year and apparently that gets you a special type of shadowban that only gets lifted when you boost posts. So ft or a year I basically dropped off the map from everyone but my very supportive core base. I would suggest the focal
Mark app for hashtags. They have an option to shuffle to avoid the spam ban.
Yeah, i have heard about that. Business accounts get even lifted harder.

Its so frustrating because i do know that i what post is a bit ''different'' from what anyone else does, i believe. So yeah.
Ill look into the Focalmark app, appreciated!

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
Hi Nothere always good to meet another Cunha! You've got some awesome work! Really great style.

A lot of cool stuff being shared.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, following all y'all!

Last edited:

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
This seems ... ill advised. Methinks some of y'all are wayyy to comfortable with flaunting your identities and private info online. Be careful y'all.

Yeah, I can understand that. Though that's part of the reason for this. I did suggest anyone who would like to share their content does so here without their username. So if you have privacy concerns you can just post images.

Personally though many of us are industry people. A lot of people here are clearly content makers. So many of us share our details normally online.

Further, other than this forum, I wonder how many of us use screennames anymore really. If this place wasn't tied to an old community I would have just used my name online. Thats what you do everywhere else these days. Its a little anachronistic and oldschool.

Damn, these are sweet.

Henry Gale Thanks, I appreciate it.
You are right there is a lot of talented people on here. A lot of great stuff.

I was worried people wouldnt join in, Im so glad they did. We have a great community of makers here at ERA.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
This seems ... ill advised. Methinks some of y'all are wayyy to comfortable with flaunting your identities and private info online. Be careful y'all.
Eh, I sell pictures, I can't do that hidden away. I've had people stalk the locations I shoot at looking for me just to meet me in person I've been through it, as I tell people on my page, 'you know how to find me'

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Hola,
I usually post a couple pics per week. Mainly landscape and wildlife. :)

https://www.instagram.com/jim.kreutz

Followed everyone in the thread!

Wow wow wow stunning

I had never heard about his, been reading up now. I always hated it when they left chronological order as well. What shitty things for them to do.

I've followed everyone back.

Slight change to mine:
http://www.instagram.com/totallyredundant

Link dont work.

Https://instagram.com/jam._jon

I do portraiture. I'm not great at it, but I'm learning! I'll follow if I like your work.

Theres some great shots here!

Been shooting a lot more in the last few months, mostly the milky way and nature/forest.

https://www.instagram.com/joel.bras/

I absolutely love long exposures. This is my jam.

This thread has inspired me to post more. I went from 1-2 a week to 1 every 10 days or so. Less real photography as well.

It's because I use the stories function too much now.

lasthope106

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa USA

If you really want to dig to find who I am in real life, you can do that pretty easily by mining my GAF post history.

For a little longer than a year I've tried many things to get more followers organically through Instagram, which included following a lot of dumb people. I rather follow members of this community. Y'all have awesome content.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I sell pictures, I can't do that hidden away. I've had people stalk the locations I shoot at looking for me just to meet me in person I've been through it, as I tell people on my page, 'you know how to find me'

If you really want to dig to find who I am in real life, you can do that pretty easily by mining my GAF post history.

For a little longer than a year I've tried many things to get more followers organically through Instagram, which included following a lot of dumb people. I rather follow members of this community. Y'all have awesome content.

Yeah this is pretty much how I think most people feel now. We use our names on our work, social media, dating ect.

The internet is a lot more normal and less scary than it used to feel. It's pretty normal now to share your name online. I couldnt possibly not since I do podcasting, and youtube content. So it would be impossible for me as well.