• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Awful (I say as someone who initially thought Chvrches made cool music and is still super excited for Death Stranding).

This song feels like they wrote something vaguely about something and then figured they could slap Death Stranding on it as the title.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales

hey 31 aint old

rAFP13z.gif

galvenize

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I only heard about this group a few times here on resetera and this song is fucking great. Great melody throughout.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
will there ever be anything released as promotional material for this game that will actually get me interested in it? c'mon, kojima-san, we're just weeks away from release, at this point. anything?...

i'm not sure i've ever been less excited about a major release i'll be playing day 1 than i am for this game...

Jun 26, 2018
Sorry, I couldn't fetch it before, here's the tweet.
He doesn't clarify though if the other songs will be in the game....

Maybe the blogs got the messaging mixed up? Maybe what Sony meant was that the album wouldn't feature in-game music, as in music composed by the development team's composers, where as this album may still have music present in the game, but it's from outside artists?

Who knows, we'll know soon enough :)

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
This pretty good, chill, pop

that said I still want something like Sins of the Father, Heavens Divide, Or TBIYTC that's a bit different

I want a vocal track moment like The Boss fight or microwave hallway

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
I don't think they were disagreeing with the genre as much as your assessment of the popularity of women singing the genre. That's why every artist named was a popular female singer.

Oooohhhhh! Okay, I understand now! Sorry, I just couldn't grasp those responses being in relation to that. Women are very popular in Pop, perhaps the main reason Pop is so great and mainstream like borat pointed out.

I can think of a few pop singers who are men that are popular but not as many as women.

what? majority of the biggest pop stars in the world, depending on who you ask, are women?

That's a true statement!

My original comment of people not being into women singing vocals on pop songs was more in relation to the reactions to the song this thread was receiving which upset me a little. Pop is my favorite genre of music to listen to alongside Electronica-type things.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A bit bummed about Chvrches collaborating with Kojima considering the way he has portrayed women in his past games and Lauren's zero tolerance for that kind of BS.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
I like it, but I'm a huge chavurches fan so eh. Any song of theirs that doesn't have the male vocalist dragging his ass across it is pretty solid.

EDIT: Given it a couple goes now, and I can't unhear the basic ass drum machine back beat. Vocals carry a lot of it, but hooey that beat is some stock sample shit.

Last edited:

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
Re-listening to it again, it seems fitting for it to be the ending credits track.

Honestly feels like it could slide into any recent animated movie credits too. Just imagine a Sam Bridges riding the sunset ending, lol.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
not as good as that mirror's edge song but hey, chvrches on death stranding... that's a thing. and i'm glad it is

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who knows the type of music all these artists make?

kinda wanna see what genre to expect for each song

arkay

Nov 8, 2017
I think it's pretty good and I don't really listen to this type of music. It'd be fitting if it's a end credits song where you blast off to the moon or something. Has that "embarking on a journey" vibe to it.

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017
Quality contribution and showing that you didn't fully read the thread to be able to contribute much to the discussion.

I read the thread and listened to the song, just was flabbergasted by your comment.

Having said that, don't rate Churches much after seeing them live so this does 0 for me. Really uninspired group.

GroovySnake

Jun 10, 2018
USA
This will be playing in the background while something emotional and epic is happening in the game, guaranteed. So I like to imagine a Hideo Game and some Reedus while I listen to this new jam.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good Shit. Then again I'm pretty much a fan of everything CHVRCHES does.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
So they're doing the music for the game?

Have to admit I was hoping he would grab songs from numerous artists, but maybe the budget is already overboard with all these big names

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
It's better than Get Away.

It won't be as good as the song Lauren does with daiki kasho for Gran Turismo 7.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
I don't know if he can ever beat sticking Starsailer's Way to Fall at the end of MGS3, but hey. I like Chvrches.

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
VIDEO UNAVAILABLE

C'mon, youtube, really? Can we just not? Can we just listen to imbeds without this utterly senseless garbage? Is that really too much of an ask for you?

Anyway, my initial, totally sleepy and ready-for-bed single-listen impression is that this doesn't strike me nearly as hard right off the bat as their Mirror's Edge track, Warning Call. Seems kinda meh. It does seem like it has some growing room though. Will give it some more listens tomorrow.

Warning Call link for anyone who hasn't heard it (though it looks like it's been linked at least once from my quick scan of the thread):

Void-Out

May 25, 2019
User Banned (3 Days): Hostility. User in junior phase.
Your single word response to an opinion isn't appreciated and contributes nothing to discussion. I understand now when people talk about how many they've used the ignore function on in those threads

————

haha what? stfu puss

yOuR SiNgLe wOrD reSpOnsE IsNt aPpReCiAtEd dDdDDuUuuRRRrrr